Sign in to follow this  
ariankoochesfahani

Sound effect file size limit?

Through trial and error, I seem to have confirmed that .wav files above 100 KB, such as one might put into the Override folder to alter blaster sounds, are not processed in-game. Can anyone speak to this? I was trying to use high-quality sounds but it seems this is a no-go.

2 hours ago, ariankoochesfahani said:

Through trial and error, I seem to have confirmed that .wav files above 100 KB, such as one might put into the Override folder to alter blaster sounds, are not processed in-game. Can anyone speak to this? I was trying to use high-quality sounds but it seems this is a no-go.

It is possible to have .WAV Sound FXs [Force Powers, characters action such as their reaction when they attack and getting hit] above 100KB to works in-game. I have them working in my playthrough seamlessly. Try to make sure the end-result channel is in Mono with about 352kbps to 705kbps of bit rate just to be safe, and not in Stereo [you will not have them working on Stereo even if they have 1KB size of files I believe]. I hope this helps :cheers:

2 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Have you tried encoding it as an MP3? 44.1KHz, joint stereo. 128kbps or 320kbps should be fine.

I am sorry DP, but I can't make it work. Excited with the possibility- I did like what you said; exporting the project straight to two (2) .MP3 files- both 128kbps and 320kpbs for compatibility test, then convert their sample rate to 44.1KHz with Stereo channel using an audio-converter. But them works to no avail 🍃

• Like 1

I thought it might work since most of the game's audio is MP3 with a fake WAV header, but I guess not.  Sounds like it is more a case of mono vs stereo (although I wonder in that case if mono MP3s would work).

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

I thought it might work since most of the game's audio is MP3 with a fake WAV header, but I guess not.  Sounds like it is more a case of mono vs stereo (although I wonder in that case if mono MP3s would work).

For every dialogue assets that'd be no problem DP, they work well both with .WAV or .MP3- no restrictions as long as they put into the right folder. As for Sound FXs, I don't have any idea of what causing this. Which I still hoped Stereo channel could be utilized for Sound FXs- that'd be very, very helpful for many aspects of the game. Hope someone figure it out!

Anyways, probably- I don't really want to hear how a Mono .MP3's sounds like 😂

29 minutes ago, ariankoochesfahani said:

Thanks, guys! The move from stereo to mono on the suspect .wav files did the trick after all.

Glad to hear that! And if you find anything about Stereo channeled-Sound FX's could work in-game, please- from the Mariana Trench's of my heart; tell us about it okay! :cheers: