UnusualCharacters

Vocal filter for Revan's mask in SWTOR?

Hey guys, I'm looking for a filter that will create a vocal effect similar to the one used on Revan's mask in the Old Republic. If you haven't heard it:

This is for a KOTOR video of Revan's holocron from the Darth Bane novel. I'll put the file here also for use in any mod that you like after the fact, if anyone would be interested.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: Just realized that this might be the wrong subforum for this. If so, if a mod could please move it - I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UnusualCharacters said:

Hey guys, I'm looking for a filter that will create a vocal effect similar to the one used on Revan's mask in the Old Republic.

I'm not sure that those filters starting from 9:09 was meant to be the Revan's voice. What I'm trying to say, doesn't it sounds more like reverb-ambient that supposed to be produced if someone behind a mask talking in a room or an auditorium?

I doubt if Revan was speaking outdoor-for example; in a desert, would produce the same result. That was just me thinking.

But speaking of the filter that will create a vocal effect similar to the one used on Revan's mask in this video; it would be "room reverb"- and some cut to the low frequencies too.

How much? I don't really know as I don't have legitimate knowledge in regards to sound engineering 😅

Here's another video of the player character wearing Revan's mask, which might showcase the filter a bit better in an outdoor environment so it might be a bit more noticeable for what I'm going for. Major spoilers for the SWTOR expansion SOR if anyone watching is looking to avoid that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIuRKTiErEs&t=1m47s

EDIT: I can see now that the original video linked, the effect is really barely noticeable. That's my bad! I committed that scene to memory so I didn't realize how faint it is. Hopefully this new one can help clear up what I mean.

4 hours ago, UnusualCharacters said:

Not quite sure I get your meaning, the voice at 9:09 is definitely Revan speaking, but I think you're saying that it doesn't sound like it's coming from the mask but rather a result of the large room?

Yes, that's what I mean! Haha, I'm sorry if my words got you all confused 🙃

I already look at the latest attached video. And now I am certain it is some cuts to the lower frequencies and I think this one is essential too; set the output to mono maybe? 🤔

Edit: Okay, after further review of Revan's voice in the video you just attached- filters are needed. My bad! And I think it's compression filter that would do some work there.

• Like 1