Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Transparent textures?

I've noticed that many of the textures in TSL are transparent. Weapons, droids, and some doors, notably.

Is there a way to fix this?

I've noticed that many of the textures in TSL are transparent. Weapons, droids, and some doors, notably.

Is there a way to fix this?

I once had this problem also. It turned out to be my intel video card. What happens is that it does not read the alpha channels correctly and anything that is supposed to be shiny, bright, etc. shows up transparent. There are two solutions for this, one is to get a new video card if you have an intel. The other may take awhile but you won't have to get a new video card.

First, download kotor tool. Next, go through all the textures that have code that turns into a .txi file and extract them.(note- it is important that you highlight the code and click write file). Next open photoshop (or gimp) and change the alpha channels so that it is completely white (or maybe dark it has been a while since I did this).

Save as and copy to your override folder. It shouldn't be transparent any more.

I once had this problem also. It turned out to be my intel video card. What happens is that it does not read the alpha channels correctly and anything that is supposed to be shiny, bright, etc. shows up transparent. There are two solutions for this, one is to get a new video card if you have an intel. The other may take awhile but you won't have to get a new video card.

First, download kotor tool. Next, go through all the textures that have code that turns into a .txi file and extract them.(note- it is important that you highlight the code and click write file). Next open photoshop (or gimp) and change the alpha channels so that it is completely white (or maybe dark it has been a while since I did this).

Save as and copy to your override folder. It shouldn't be transparent any more.

Thanks for the response.

I have an integrated Intel graphics card, so I couldn't replace it. The other sounds like a lot of work, though it seems odd that nobody has done it before and released it as a mod.

EDIT: I tried it out with just w_Lghtsbr_001 and gave up because nothing was working. Eventually, I got something to happen (though I'm not sure how), and the hilt turned into a pure white color.