Sign in to follow this  
Vaze234

Possble to add custom character models?

Just wondering if it's possible to add a custom character model I made from scratch into the game itself to replace a existing model?

Yes, with certain restrictions. What is the intended use? An NPC, or player clothes/robes/armour? If the latter, you can only replace one of the existing body models of a given armour class, or set it up as a disguise (which is problematic for a couple of reasons).

Yes, with certain restrictions. What is the intended use? An NPC, or player clothes/robes/armour? If the latter, you can only replace one of the existing body models of a given armour class, or set it up as a disguise (which is problematic for a couple of reasons).

Well I wanted to replace one the default player models

Well I wanted to replace one the default player models

You can do so, but the game is set up to use a number of texture variations for armour variety, so you'll need to follow the same convention. At the bare minimum, you'll have to make duplicates of your texture up to the number of variations the game expects for that given armour class model (which might be as many as 10-12, depending on the model and the game).