Sign in to follow this  
Guest JediExile

Gamercard

Guest JediExile

I have the XBox 360 gamercard set-up in my profile and apparently the site had to shut down. I can't find the setting anywhere to get rid of it or anything... Help? :clap:

Guest JediExile

I've removed the app.

Oh, I thought it was something I added to my profile and couldn't find :P

It was nice though. Are there any alternatives out there?

I just found this one: http://www.xboxlc.com/

The app used MyGamerCard - If/when they use a different provider I'll enable it again.

I have the XBox 360 gamercard set-up in my profile and apparently the site had to shut down. I can't find the setting anywhere to get rid of it or anything... Help? :P

Shut down? That's a shame. Any particular reason why?

There is something on the site (an essay I believe) from the guy who owns it and I think it's meant to say why but to me it just about said everything apart from why it shut and when he last took a crap.

To be honest though it was just a quick look and I didn't really absorb it.

Guest JediExile

From what I got out of it (I skimmed too), the up-keep costs for the website were getting too expensive.

Eventually, the rise of these websites, coupled with the declining advertising ecosystem, pushed my out-of-pocket expenses upwards as advertising alone couldn't maintain the (quite modest, comparatively) monthly hosting fees. Eventually, the decision had to be made to take down the site. It wasn't (and still isn't) a decision I've made lightly; proof of that is the simple fact that I've been running half of my monthly costs out-of-pocket for over a year now. But despite the sadness of having to shut down this part and chapter of my life, there's a part of me is a little relieved that there's a set 'closure' to all of it, rather than infinite abandonment.

Reading it (although it was really late at night, so I may not have fully comprehended it), I got it was part money and part many other sites mining for info of late that caused technical issues, among other stuff too.

Huh. Well, no loss really. It was sort of a help on gaming forums and such though. If one were asking questions and needed assistance in a game, or wanted to co-op, multiplayer, or whatever, one could easily just see the other people's gamertags/PSN's/SteamIDS and stuff.

Yeah, I got it on my Xbox360a forum profile (and I think using the same background as you, although mine is as a signature graphic instead), but to be honest, I was meaning it was nice as being in the user info part with posts, location, and all that good stuff. We'll see though if I ever add it here. :P

Guest JediExile

Anyone want to be friends? :P My gamertag is the same as my username.

Don't currently have Gold, so I can't play multiplayer or anything, nor am I a big fan of the über-titles/FPS in general, but in the off chance someone actually wants to add me, JSwartz0181.

Well, I have gold. I don't usually play multiplayer but I do when the mood strikes me.

XBL: Naomi is Happy

Same goes for PSN. Don't usually play multiplayer, but you can find me on now and then.

PSN: LeftyTheThird

Requsted:)

Accepted! Always nice to have a lovely lady around, if you'll allow this old man some mildly lecherous behavior.

The app uses a new API so I'll be installing it again soon.