Pimpnkill

Modding Question

Hi guys. So after googling different wording on my question, I really couldn't find an answer for it. I just got the steam version of KOTOR 2 and started looking for mods I wanted to use. TSLRCM and M4-78ep are on the top of the list. I was advised to download TSLRCM from steam, and then manually download everything else into the TSLRCM workshop folder. However, I found that the latest version of M4-78ep (1.3) is not hosted on Deadly Stream or any other place besides Steam. I would love to use version 1.3 of M4-78ep while playing the game. So when I download other mods manually, where do I put them? Do they go in TSLRCM workshop folder? In the M4-78ep workshop folder? Or in the common>KOTOR2 folder?

Thanks.

When modding TSL for steam, I ran into a couple of issues. One issue arises with mods using TSLPatcher: When attempting to install, I direct the patcher to the M4-78 workshop folder and get an error: "An error occurred! Invalid game folder specified, dialog.tlk file not found! Make sure you have selected the correct folder. (GEN-7)" it does not install. No issues arise when directing to TSLRCM workshop, so I placed all TSLPatcher mods into the TSLRCM folder, while placing all other mods into the M4-78 workshop override folder. Second issue: Upon launching the game for a quick test after downloading some mods, I noticed the title screen does not display the TSLRCM 1.8.5. It does have the M4-78 load screen beforehand. It seems like the title screen resolution has been adjusted to better fit the monitor from a mod. Not sure if this issue is purely cosmetic or if TSLRCM is not working properly. So I took the workshop folders out and added them back systematically. Issue only occurs when the M4-78 workshop is present (with most of the mods in override of that workshop). Issue does not occur when only the TSLRCM folder is present. I've never actually played TSLRCM and it's been years since playing the game. Is there a way I can test in-game if TSLRCM is working (even though the title screen does not display it)? Since I have no saves, I'm hoping there is an early point in the game on Peragus where I can tell. I'm afraid the only way I can test this otherwise is to uninstall everything and try again, this time checking after every mod (I got lazy with checking zzz). Another question: Since TSLPatcher is only working for TSLRCM workshop, should I just place all the mods (excluding M4-78) into TSLRCM workshop instead? At this point, maybe I should settle for the older version of M4-78 and manually install it...Any light on this issue would be appreciated.

Here is a list of mods and how I downloaded them if this might help:
TSLRCM 1.8.5 (worskhop)
M4-78 EP 1.3 (workshop)
(All other mods go into M4-78 Workshop folder.)
Improved Widescreen Experience 1.0.0 by CloneGizka (Did not replace existing files in override for first folder. Did for second folder)
Dxun Fog Fix (located in M4-78 workshop folder)
HD Cockpit Skyboxes 2.0 by tjsase
TSL ORIGINS - Telos Overhaul 1.1.1 by Jorak Uln
K2 Exterior Textures by Vurt
ALL OF THE ABOVE IN m4-78 WORKSHOP

Sith Stalker Armor by Reapper
Proper Sith Assassins 2.1 Constar
THE TWO ABOVE IN TSLRCM WORKSHOP

Peragus OTE by XediiXarwarz
A Darker Peragus by Canderis
Ebon Hawk Past OTE by XediiXarwarz
Harbinger OTE by Xedii Xarwarz
Nar Shaddaa Hi Resolution by Curtis 1973
Korriban 2012 by Xedii Xarwarz (Replaced files in Override)
ReplacementTexture for Lightning on Malachor V 1.2 by Sith Holocron
Malachor Exterior Reskin v1.3 by Quanon
Malachor 2012 by Xedii Xarwarz (Did Not Replace in Override)
ABOVE PLACED IN m4-78 WORKSHOP

Peragus Tweak 1.3 by Varsity Puppet
Coruscant Jedi Temple by deathdisco
Coruscant Jedi Temple Compatibility by Hassat Hunter
Coruscant Expansion by Hk-42
INSTALLED TO TSLRCM WORKSHOP

TSL Backdrop Improvements by Kexikus (Replaced in Override)
Improved Peragus Asteroid Fields 1.2 by Vasilii Zaytsev
Replacement Peragus II Artwork by Trench (Extra Asteroids)
Telos Citadel Station Skybox by Quanon (Replaced in Override)