Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

Getting your saber back from Atris

Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris
Also completely unnecessary. Second likely cause for this issue.

I get that this mod could crash the game all right (actually, I don't know why, but I'm confident in your expertise in the area). However, what I don't get is why you'd think it is unnecessary?

Guest Frankingirl

I get that this mod could crash the game all right (actually, I don't know why, but I'm confident in your expertise in the area). However, what I don't get is why you'd think it is unnecessary?

MrPhil it's already in the TSLRCM that you get your lightsaber back from Atris ;)

MrPhil it's already in the TSLRCM that you get your lightsaber back from Atris ;)

Uh? Yet another suprise then. How do you coercicise her into giving-it up?

Guest Frankingirl

Uh? Yet another suprise then. How do you coercicise her into giving-it up?

I don't want to spoil TOO much. ;)

Guest staticjoe66

On what are you basing this assertion? There's nothing in the TSLRCM readme about being able to get your lightsaber back from Atris to say nothing of the fact the game doesn't expect you to have a lightsaber at that point--having only the part you get on Citadel station--so I find it highly unlikely with just the TSLRCM installed you can indeed get the lightsaber you described to Atton back from Atris, every walkthrough/FAQ I've ever read contradicts this so I will need to see the exact successful dialogue tree

Here is a link to a truly great TSL walkthrough complete with references to the cut content and there is no mention of being able to get your original lightsaber back from Atris:

My link

And this from the best TSL walkthrough on gamegaqs.com:

Q - How do I get my old lightsaber? Atris has it!

A - You never get that one back. Never ever. You'll make one later. Once

you're away from Telos, Bao-Dur asks you about it, and you can follow

that dialogue to start the Lightsaber Gathering quest. You need three

pieces, you already have one (you get the first when you finish the

Ithorian/Czerka quests). Once you have at least 2 pieces you can ask Bao-

Dur about it, but you need all three to build it. Despite what he says,

you don't need to be near a workbench.

The faq in its entirety is here:

My link

Edited by staticjoe66

There's nothing in the TSLRCM readme about being able to get your lightsaber back from Atris

There's a LOT not in the readme. But you don't get it back during THAT meeting, you will during the one in the endgame.

Thanks for all the hard work, RCM team. :standing ovation:

In regards to using Get You Lightsaber back from Atris, I disagree it's unnecessary. I'm not using it this game for the fear of breaking RCM, atm. I really like the idea of getting it back at the first meeting, at least if your on the Lightside (can't speak for Dark, never played it). Atris knows your being chased by the Sith, she is asking for your help to gather the Jedi Masters on Dantooine and giving you your ship back. Not to mention her obvious nefarious intentions/reasons, she wants you back in the galaxy. You are technically working for her and would serve her better with a lightsaber.

I would really like to use this mod in the future if the mod is a TSLPatcher isn't it just adding content to a scene the RCM team isn't even using? Even if RCM does give it back at end game (honestly not sure how that works) speaking from a Lightside point of view, afaik we don't even get Atris's Lightsaber. Unless there is a scene the Lightsider gets their Lightsaber back for helping Redeem Atris, then that would be pretty cool restoration. :cheers from the crowd:

However if it's the normal scene (trying to avoid spoilers as others atm) where the only way to get Atris's Lightsaber is the same way you get yours back, then that doesn't help Lightsiders at all.

Does anyone know specifically what in *Get Your Lightsaber Back* causes as an issue?

Additionally I have since heard it was much much more likely the Handmaiden's Sister fix broke my game, not the Handmaiden Undies for Females. I would appreciate any comments or tips on this as I would much prefer using Handmaiden Undies for Females?

Thanks for any help. :imagine a normal smile here: ....... not the hideously evil darkside current smile! ;)

Guest staticjoe66
But you don't get it back during THAT meeting, you will during the one in the endgame.

Ah ha ok HH, thanks for clarifying that...I'm not sure how I feel about that thinking it's rather anti-climatic at that point. By the time you go to Telos to face Atris everyone who can be a Jedi is--or should be--and they all have lightsabers. In the saber you make with Bao-Dur's help (I make mine on Dantooine when I do in fact make it) you probably have a fully attuned Exile crystal in addition to other arse-kicking crystals you'll pick up along the way so I guess what I'm asking is, aside from it being yours as well as for sentimental reasons, from a gameplay standpoint why would you need your original saber back...?

And I still need to see how it's triggered and a successful dialogue tree...

There's a LOT not in the readme. But you don't get it back during THAT meeting, you will during the one in the endgame.

Because she wields one, and you need to use single, 2x single and unarmed. That's the dialogue, that's the requirements. They should be mentioned in [] after Kreia refuses to train you, no?

Guest Frankingirl

On what are you basing this assertion? There's nothing in the TSLRCM readme about being able to get your lightsaber back from Atris to say nothing of the fact the game doesn't expect you to have a lightsaber at that point--having only the part you get on Citadel station--so I find it highly unlikely with just the TSLRCM installed you can indeed get the lightsaber you described to Atton back from Atris, every walkthrough/FAQ I've ever read contradicts this so I will need to see the exact successful dialogue tree

Here is a link to a truly great TSL walkthrough complete with references to the cut content and there is no mention of being able to get your original lightsaber back from Atris:

My link

And this from the best TSL walkthrough on gamegaqs.com:

The faq in its entirety is here:

My link

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. It occured to me that yeah I made an oops. It isn't TSLRCM where it makes it able to get your lightsaber back from Atris. Only USM (may or may not be compatible with TSLRCM) and HotOR (which is compatible with TSLRCM) :D

Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. It occured to me that yeah I made an oops. It isn't TSLRCM where it makes it able to get your lightsaber back from Atris. Only USM (may or may not be compatible with TSLRCM) and HotOR (which is compatible with TSLRCM) :D

Actually, you were correct; you do receive your original lightsaber in TSLRCM (Hunter Hassat confirmed this in this thread a short while back).

Guest staticjoe66

And my question remains how is this done? I want to know what the trigger/triggers is/are and the exact successful dialogue tree--so far all I've read is yes, it can be done but no one wants to say how it's done as if it's some state secret so again feel free to share the wealth...

Actually, you were correct; you do receive your original lightsaber in TSLRCM (Hunter Hassat confirmed this in this thread a short while back).

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

And my question remains how is this done? I want to know what the trigger/triggers is/are and the exact successful dialogue tree--so far all I've read is yes, it can be done but no one wants to say how it's done as if it's some state secret so again feel free to share the wealth...

...uum, really?

You tell Atton what it was after you first board the Ebon Hawk after escaping Peragus, before you go to Citadel Station.

Then Atris will have whatever you described to Atton.

TSLRCM did this, I just made hilt model(s) for it.

Atton asks you about it, you describe your lightsaber to him on ebon hawk.

When you talk to atris, you have to follow the dialog that talks about your exile and such. Don't go into peragus or the sith. If you keep talking about your exile and such she'll eventually whip it out and flaunt it in your face. You have to actually ask for it back. Something like "I'd like the right to carry it again." There is another response that might work, which is more of a question about eventually getting it back; can't remember the actual line.

Basically save your game before talking to her and try to keep the dialog going about your exile and reasons for such. Avoid talking about peragus and the sith; you'll break that tree off and she won't whip it out.

Quick note too: If she whips it out and you say all the right things, in the cutscene where she is walking away, she'll still be carrying it. Pay no mind to it. If you asked for it, you should have it. You'll get a popup saying such once to regain control of your PC.

Guest staticjoe66

There is NO way to get your lightsaber back from Atris your first trip to Telos--the game does not expect you to have a lightsaber at that point so you cannot and will not get it back then. SUPPOSEDLY you can get it back from her when you return to Telos and fight her--I have yet to see what triggers the sequence as well as the correct successful dialogue tree so I am skeptical

Atton asks you about it, you describe your lightsaber to him on ebon hawk.

When you talk to atris, you have to follow the dialog that talks about your exile and such. Don't go into peragus or the sith. If you keep talking about your exile and such she'll eventually whip it out and flaunt it in your face. You have to actually ask for it back. Something like "I'd like the right to carry it again." There is another response that might work, which is more of a question about eventually getting it back; can't remember the actual line.

Basically save your game before talking to her and try to keep the dialog going about your exile and reasons for such. Avoid talking about peragus and the sith; you'll break that tree off and she won't whip it out.

Quick note too: If she whips it out and you say all the right things, in the cutscene where she is walking away, she'll still be carrying it. Pay no mind to it. If you asked for it, you should have it. You'll get a popup saying such once to regain control of your PC.

Guest staticjoe66

Uum really--SUPPOSEDLY you can get that saber back from Atris after you fight her but as of this moment no one has posted how this is done so I am skeptical and will be until someone says I did it and this is how

...uum, really?

You tell Atton what it was after you first board the Ebon Hawk after escaping Peragus, before you go to Citadel Station.

Then Atris will have whatever you described to Atton.

TSLRCM did this, I just made hilt model(s) for it.

There is NO way to get your lightsaber back from Atris your first trip to Telos--the game does not expect you to have a lightsaber at that point so you cannot and will not get it back then. SUPPOSEDLY you can get it back from her when you return to Telos and fight her--I have yet to see what triggers the sequence as well as the correct successful dialogue tree so I am skeptical

No, I just told you how to get it from her on the first trip. I don't have the dialog tree so I can't point it out to you exactly, do a google search. There is a seperate mod that did just this and there might be some info with that.

No, I just told you how to get it from her on the first trip. I don't have the dialog tree so I can't point it out to you exactly, do a google search. There is a seperate mod that did just this and there might be some info with that.

That has never worked for me with TSLRCM 1.7. Whenever I play as a LS character, I'll frequently choose the dialog option you specified. Atris doesn't give me back my lightsaber, she just says she is not unsympathetic to my feelings as leaving the Jedi Order must have been very difficult (or something to that effect).

Guest staticjoe66

According to HH there is a way to get your saber back from Atris after you fight her--he said himself you do not get it the first time you meet her:

But you don't get it back during THAT meeting, you will during the one in the endgame.

And this:

So now that we've established getting your original saber back from Atris is indeed in the TSLRCM please tell me the triggers and dialogue sequence keeping in mind the game does not expect you to have a lightsaber when you first meet with her

Guest staticjoe66

jjo supposedly you can get it back from her after you fight her but there are specific triggers and dialogue sequences so I too am waiting to see exactly how this is accomplished

That has never worked for me with TSLRCM 1.7. Whenever I play as a LS character, I'll frequently choose the dialog option you specified. Atris doesn't give me back my lightsaber, she just says she is not unsympathetic to my feelings as leaving the Jedi Order must have been very difficult (or something to that effect).

jjo supposedly you can get it back from her after you fight her but there are specific triggers and dialogue sequences so I too am waiting to see exactly how this is accomplished

It does make more sense that you'd be able to get your lightsaber back from Atris after fighting her. I'm going to check if I have any saves right before that fight and go through all the dialog options if I do.

Guest staticjoe66

According to a previous post you have to be weilding a saber in each hand and someone else--Visas I think--must have a saber as well which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since you face Atris alone and is why I keep asking what the triggers and dialogue sequences are

It does make more sense that you'd be able to get your lightsaber back from Atris after fighting her. I'm going to check if I have any saves right before that fight and go through all the dialog options if I do.

According to a previous post you have to be weilding a saber in each hand and someone else--Visas I think--must have a saber as well which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since you face Atris alone and is why I keep asking what the triggers and dialogue sequences are

Well, I tried going through as a LS male and a DS female. My PC almost always wields 2 lightsabers (short one in off hand). As a LS male, I had Jedified Brianna and she did not actually kill her sisters in the battle beforehand. I always equip Visas with a double-bladed lightsaber (not sure what that would have to do with anything, though).

I had no luck on getting my lightsaber back from Atris, though I wasn't as thorough with the dialog choices during my DS female test.

Edited by Hassat Hunter
Removed bug, posted in bug topic. Topic Split...

You just... get it after the Telos Revisited fight.

No big secret :S.

So does it just get added to your inventory regardless of your actions? It's not related to the dialog options in any way?