Sign in to follow this  
CrisG

Anyone Try Xavier2's Enter Jabba's Palace Mod with K1R?

In my mod archives i found what looks to be a neat add on quest for Tatooine by Xavier2 and the MECK team (is he still around?)....and it does not interfere with the Light, Dark or Neutral story line. Just wondering if anyone had tried it with K1R?

looks fun here is the READ ME and happy to share a copy of anyone wants to try it

Enter Jabba痴 Palace
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
A part of the Movie Episodes Conversion for Kotor (MECK) Project

Version: 1.0

Description:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

This mod adds a new side quest for KOTOR with 2 new areas. It takes place in Tatooine and blends 
with the normal game allowing you to choose if you will lean towards the light or dark side. 
In order to enable the quest you will have to land on Tatooine for the first time, look for a 
pair of X-Wing pilots in Tatooine docking bay and talk to them. If you do not talk to them or choose
certain dialog options the quest won't trigger and therefore all plot will be locked to you. Try all 
dialog options, just for the fun of it! There are neutral, light side and dark side choices, some of 
them, will prevent you from advancing, but most of them, even twisted dark side ones will allow you 
to keep on track.

Credits:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

PLOT
Xavier2, Bneezy and Stingerhs;

DIALOGS
Xavier2

AREA MAKING
Xavier2 (Palace Entrance and Jabba Palace) and Bneezy (Jabba Palace)

SCRIPTS
Darth333 and Tk102 (source scripts), Bneezy (dancing twi'leks) and Xavier2 (the rest)

WEAPOM MODELS and SKINS
[sTGN]LOCUTUS (EE-3 Blaster Rifle) and Mono_Giganto (DL-18 Blaster Pistol)

CHARACTER MODEL
Xavier2 (Boba Fett armor)

CHARACTER SKINS
Xavier2 (Boba Fett armor, JetPack and helmet, Bib Fortuna, X-Wing pilots)

OTHER MODELS and SKINS
Jedi Academy AOTC/TC team (Mandalorian JetPack and Helmet)

Acknowledgements:

First things first. The big thank you goes to my great friend Bneezy. When accomplishing this 
task seemed almost impossible and i was about to give up, he offered me his support and most 
important of all, a big helping hand.

Thanks to all the members of the MECK Project team for coming together and working on this mod.
Specially [sTGN]Locutus and Mono_Giganto who kindly offered their awesome weapons to be a part 
of this release.

Another big thanks should go to Darth333 and Tk102. Their patience and agility in providing source
scripts, were invaluable to make this side quest more cohesive and role playing. I just hope we have 
succeed in following their guidance.

Tons of thanks to the AOTC/TC for allowing us to use their Mandalorian pack models and skins developed 
by them for Jedi Academy.

Thanks to Fred Tetra for creating the truly fantastic kotor editing tool. I should state that without
KT new Project Manager function, it would have taken ages to finish this.

Thanks to all my beta testers for investing their time and effort to experiment the mod and giving me 
important feedback.

Also an appreciative shout out to the many friendly folks at the Lucasforums' Holowan Laboratories 
board who have provided guidance and insight as well as answering numerous questions.

Finally, thanks to Bioware for making a truly kick ass game...

Features:

While progressing in the side quest you will be able to retrieve standard KOTOR items, but also
some custom made ones depending which alignment you choose.

X-Wing Pilot uniform:
---------------------
Only avaiable for PC male soldiers
Defense +2
Damage Resistance 5/- Acid, Cold, Ion, Fire

Upgradeable
Mesh Underlay - Damage Resistance 15/- Ion, but Reflex penalty -1
Armor Reinforcement - Defense +4, but Reflex penalty -1

EE-3 Blaster rifle:
---------------------
Bonus feat - Master Sniper Shot and Master Dueling

Upgradeable
Hair Trigger - Attack bonus +1
Scope - Keen
Beam Splitter - Damage bonus Ion 1d4
Imp Energy Cell - Damage bonus Energy 1d4

DL-18 Blaster Pistol:
---------------------
Constitution damage On Hit DC14
Damage bonus Energy +3

Upgradeable
Hair Trigger - Damage bonus Energy +4
Scope - Keen
Beam Splitter - Attack bonus +3 and Damage bonus vs Droid +2
Imp Energy Cell - Attack bonus +1 and Slow On Hit DC14 25% for 3 rounds

Boba Fett Outfit (the outfit is intended for the head slot inventory):
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor proficiency required: Heavy
Defense +5
Immunity Sneak Attack, Poison, Paralysis
Awereness +4
Bonus feat Sneak Attack VI

Installation:

The ZIP contains two folders (modules and Override). Simply place the files inside the ZIP in the 
correspondent folders (errr... modules and Override) of SWKotOR. 

Uninstall

Simply remove the correspondent MOD files from the Modules and Override directory of SWKotOR.

Tips:

This side quest is intended to blend with the normal game. It means the best course of action is 
to follow Tatooine default plot or you, likely, won't trigger the quest advancement.

Pay attention to the dialogs and journals updates. They are supposed to give you hints on what to 
do next.

Explore your options. Although it was not possible to add major variaty to the plot outcomes, there 
are a few diferent ways to go through it.

Explore your party. There are a few dialog options with some of your party members.

You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot
of combat tatics will be needed to survive this.

Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat.

Known Issues:

While in Jabba's Palace the Rapid Transit System will be available in your HUD, but please do not use
it. It tends to have undesirable effects on the game. 

This side quest was intended to be compatible with Redhawke Jawa Shop and new planet Ord Madell. 
Although both mods were working fine together in the begining of the production, in the later steps 
of development the jawa shop seemed to be unavaiable. I tried to solve this but wasn't able to make 
it work. Ord Mandell on the other hand is working just fine.

If you already have a modified appearance.2da,heads.2da. Globalcat.2da or Globals.jrl (apart 
from Ord mandell) file in your Override folder, note that instaling this mod will replace said files
thus having undesirable effects on other mods.  You will have to choose which mod you want to use.

If you encounter other issues, please report them to Xavier2, email: professor_xavier2@hotmail.com.
We will do what we can to correct them.

Conditions:

This mod is not supported in any way by Lucasarts or Bioware.

You may alter or modify these files for your own personal use.  

If you wish to use any or all of these files for you own public mod, please
contact Xavier2 for permission at the email address above.  If 
we grant permission, please give us credit and include this readme file with your mod.

If you wish to use the Mandalorian pack models and skins in a mod, you will also have to get 
permission from the creators, the AOTC/TC team (http://www.aotctc.com/).

post-11297-0-81425700-1504734694_thumb.jpg

No tslpatcher on that mod, which means you will have .2da issues with appearance.2da, globalcat.2da and other 2das that it includes.

Not to mention the global.jrl issue, though you can patch that with a global.jrl merger found in the Modding Tools section on deadlystream.

The mod stil exists on their personal website > http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net

as well as it's archived on jumpzsation chainz.2da website > http://www.jumpstationz.com/ModsArchive/

However, it should be compatible with K1R if you can patch those 2da files and merge the jrl files with the k1r 2da files and jrl files.

globalcat you can do yourself easily, the issues are really the appearance.2da and the heads.2da, which are linked to utc's (characters) and uti's (equipment/armor).

I checked the files, and from what I can see there are no dlg, ncs, or utc that would cause incompatibility. Can't be sure from actual experience, since I've not used K1R in a play through yet.