Sign in to follow this  
Guest Qui-Don Jorn

HotOR 1.3/1.4 (SE) Patch

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

Ok, so a very long time ago I used to get on DeadlyStream when I was just learning that I could download a mod and put it my Override and have new stuff in the game.

I didn't even know it was back up, or when or who..whatever.

So awhile back, I made a big lightsaber mod that was built with TSLRCM 1.7 installed and pretty much works off thier .dlg and .mod files. So it's completely compatible and works rather well with it.

Not that I have anything against USM, quite the contrary, I probably wouldn't have made this mod if I hadn't played with USM installed for so long.

But there ya go..I've made something that is not USM.

======================================================================

Heroes of the Old Republic Lightsaber Mod

Working on the last few remodels (cause when I started I sucked) and aesthetics for probably the last version (1.5) of it at the moment..

HotOR 1.3

HotOR v1.4 (SE) Patch

The reason there is a 1.4 SE patch is because in the original release I had Bail Shilar spawning twice in the Battle for Khoonda, and because I switched Trynaar's saber for the new Belaya saber.

..and I changed the launchers a little bit

...and I fixed some typos.

...and I changed some saber properties around.

-Jorn

Big lightsaber? What are we talking about here? Wider? Longer? Other inappropriate measurements? Not to mention some great places for immature jokes.

In all seriousness, what exactly does this mod entail? Just a big lightsaber? It sounds neat, but also sounds like it could look awkward in proportions with the characters.

Could be a guess, but my assumption is it's "big" as in 54 lightsabers, not anything physical. But that's just my interpretation.

• Like 1

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

That is exact.

Yes, as in LARGE, ..i mean

HUGE..no, no i mean...

GIGANTIC...no, wait..

You can also host everything here, you know;

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/

Oh right, sorry. I might, I don't really know how much I'll be on here yet.

No problem.

It's just a little easier to find then than megaupload and quite a bit more permanent :D.

Probably reaches more of a crowd than this thread.

And personally, I would say if it was specifically meant to be compatible with TSLRCM, why not have it hosted on here if it's an option?

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

And personally, I would say if it was specifically meant to be compatible with TSLRCM, why not have it hosted on here if it's an option?

Ok then, it's decided..

I'll get on it.

edit: yeah let me work on that..Ive compiled everything into a 1.4 full version so I'll need a day or two to work on the new TSLPatcher installer.

So the 1.4 full will end up being 1.3 and the 1.4 SE patch put together.

2 questions:

1st: Will this 1.4 full version include the TSL saber (and double) replacement 2.0 from your sig?

2nd: Aren't you working on a 1.5 version somewhere else?

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

2 questions:

1st: Will this 1.4 full version include the TSL saber (and double) replacement 2.0 from your sig?

2nd: Aren't you working on a 1.5 version somewhere else?

you are correct. I don't know what I was thinking.

Im NOT going to do a 1.4 full version,..but I am going to release 1.5 as a full version that will be the FINAL version..as far as including the Saber Replacements 2.0, I don't know, It wouldn't be necessary really.

I should actually do a poll to see if people would want a 1.5 PATCH, and have that as an option, as well as the 1.5 Full version. What do you think Mr.Phil? Patch and Full? or just Full?

Because Im ready to finish this mod once and for all.

-Jorn

Hehe, I'm a patient being. Not sure if everybody is. Some would tell you to release-it right now because then, you'd be sure not to have an HD failure or a so considerable lossof motivation you would just leave-it at that. I personnally think you should ask yourself if you want to work on the TSL patcher 2 times or one time. Then again, if your not used to-it, maybe you could use the practice. Oh well, that has to be helping you to choose, does-it not :) ?. Anyway, I myself have had 1.4 from lucasfiles, so I don't really bother.

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

I would say FULL 1.5 only here would be best.

Hehe :thumbup:

Thats really not a bad idea.

I just might do that.

But, I also think that doing a patch for 1.5 would obviously be helpful to people who have installed the 1.4 SE patch already. I don't really mind doing both seeing as the patch version wouldn't be very big at all. Not much to do, wouldn't take long. I've already started building a full version for myself for when I uninstall the whole game and reinstall everything just to check and make sure everythings right and perfect. Then a DS and LS playthrough.

So with the ONE vote I got so far at LF saying BOTH, Im already leaning towards that. But I'll let it play out some more before I make a desicion. (really, no one gives a crap)

I still have 3 remodels I want to do. Just haven't felt like it lately.

Anyway, thanks- i'll talk to yall later

-Jorn

Hi Qui-Don Jorn.

First of all I must say that your mod is great.

Now onto my problem:

There seems to be a bug in the file "101kreia.dlg", basically with this file in my override the animation where Kreia gets up and lowers his hood when in the morgue doesn't play correctly, it just shows Kreia already standing up and no playing with the hood.

Without this file in my override the scene plays as it should be.

So my question is: Is this file important in any way to the mod (as in giving Kreia a lightsaber or anything else) or can I just delete it and keep on playing without problems in the future?

Once again thanks for a great mod.

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

Hi Qui-Don Jorn.

First of all I must say that your mod is great.

Now onto my problem:

There seems to be a bug in the file "101kreia.dlg", basically with this file in my override the animation where Kreia gets up and lowers his hood when in the morgue doesn't play correctly, it just shows Kreia already standing up and no playing with the hood.

Without this file in my override the scene plays as it should be.

So my question is: Is this file important in any way to the mod (as in giving Kreia a lightsaber or anything else) or can I just delete it and keep on playing without problems in the future?

Once again thanks for a great mod.

Oh crap really?

I know exactly what you are talking about. I did not think that my 101kreia.dlg was doing that. I thought it was something with RCM.

Hhmmmm, that really sucks, cause yeah, 101kreia.dlg is giving Kreia her saber when you come back up from the dorms....I know of no other way to give her her lightsaber other than that. And frankly, thats where I want it to happen...USM did it there, so I was kinda just copying them.

I'll take a look at some different scripting options.

Wow, REALLY? ...that sucks.

-jorn

Oh crap really?

I know exactly what you are talking about. I did not think that my 101kreia.dlg was doing that. I thought it was something with RCM.

Hhmmmm, that really sucks, cause yeah, 101kreia.dlg is giving Kreia her saber when you come back up from the dorms....I know of no other way to give her her lightsaber other than that. And frankly, thats where I want it to happen...USM did it there, so I was kinda just copying them.

I'll take a look at some different scripting options.

Oh well, I imagined that the file was important, I suppose I could just put it again in my override and just not care about that scene (It's not like I have never seen it before).

Still would be great if you can find a way to fix it.

Just let me know if you need help with testing any fixes you came up with, I'll be happy to help.

Hum, I'll have to check, but I don't think this bug ever happened to me and I do have both installed. Strange. I'll report sometimes :D

Guest 70R4N

I have a question. Which files do i have to remove to NOT get a lightsaber before i create one of my own, and also remove Kreia's lightsaber on Peragus. I want to be without a lightsaber before i construct my own. Is it even possible? If not, will you add an option in the next version of the mod?

So what, Kreia would magically find a lightsaber right after the exile build his? Or she'd goad him that she's build a better one? Unlikely :P

Guest 70R4N

So what, Kreia would magically find a lightsaber right after the exile build his? Or she'd goad him that she's build a better one? Unlikely :P

As far as I'm concerned, Kreia doesn't need her own lightsaber. She can have a stock one from a fallen enemy or whatever...

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

I have a question. Which files do i have to remove to NOT get a lightsaber before i create one of my own, and also remove Kreia's lightsaber on Peragus. I want to be without a lightsaber before i construct my own. Is it even possible? If not, will you add an option in the next version of the mod?

Umm,..nope. it is what it is, man.

Guest bendarby24

Qui-Don Jorn i dont like that you get light sabers before pragus ...it fine if it is not the exil because i rowness the game story because ation said it would off helped that u had a light saber and that it was taken.... u now what im talking about so can you do something about that allso if people make mods like this they should make a thing to make evry thing harder because it just to easy with those light saber instant killing and i have a hard core mod on so ?

Guest bendarby24

that what i do i just put it back in contaner ...but still if the exil saw it in really live do you think he would just frow it away and say im not alowed a light saber yet :P