N-DReW25

Is locking Party Member Inventory Slots Possible

I am wondering if I can lock the inventory slots of party members through modding like how Zaalbar's Armor slot is locked so he cannot wear armors but for different party members, for example, if I remove Canderous' Regeneration Hide and Replace it with a new implant and lock the implant slot so the player cannot remove it can that work?

In TSL it's definetly possible by using the equipslotlocked column in appearance.2da, but I assume you're looking for K1 here?

In K1 I don't actually know but I think for Zalbaar this is done using the subrace "Wookie". I've no idea whether it's possible to add/modify subraces though. You'd probably have to add a new subrace somehow and then use baseitems.2da's denysubrace column to make those items unavailable to Canderous.

Edit: I think the file you're looking for is subrace.2da. Add a new row there and apply this subrace to Canderous. Then open baseitems.2da, find the implant row and set the denysubrace column to the appropriate value (most likely 0x00000003). That won't actually lock the slot, but it will prevent Canderous from equipping any implants. Your new implant would then have to be a new baseitem and thus the player would still be able to remove the implant but not able to give Canderous a different one.

Actually locking an inventory slot with an item in it (like Mandalore's helmet in TSL) is not possible in K1 I think.

• Like 1

In TSL it's definetly possible by using the equipslotlocked column in appearance.2da, but I assume you're looking for K1 here?

In K1 I don't actually know but I think for Zalbaar this is done using the subrace "Wookie". I've no idea whether it's possible to add/modify subraces though. You'd probably have to add a new subrace somehow and then use baseitems.2da's denysubrace column to make those items unavailable to Canderous.

Edit: I think the file you're looking for is subrace.2da. Add a new row there and apply this subrace to Canderous. Then open baseitems.2da, find the implant row and set the denysubrace column to the appropriate value (most likely 0x00000003). That won't actually lock the slot, but it will prevent Canderous from equipping any implants. Your new implant would then have to be a new baseitem and thus the player would still be able to remove the implant but not able to give Canderous a different one.

Actually locking an inventory slot with an item in it (like Mandalore's helmet in TSL) is not possible in K1 I think.

Somewhat helpful. Thanks for the info.