DarthParametric

MOD:Revan's Hoodless/Maskless Flowing Robes For K1

Hi DP!

I was wondering if you may like the idea of adding Revan's/Star Forge's Robes to the end scene?

I guess it would be just a matter of tweaking the k_donrobe script to allow for it?

I have been glad to use this modification for quite some time but I did notice how the flowing cape animation pales compared to the cape animation used in JC's K1 Imported Supermodel.

So my question is: would it be possible to replace the current cape animation for those robes with the better one?

I suspect it may be quite the work, if it is even possible at all, but I thought there was no harm in asking. 

Not without re-rigging the model to the TSL skeleton. Not something I have any interest in bothering with. And the TSL animations have no provision for a cape or the front flappy bit, so it would be a waste of time anyway.

• Like 1

Sorry to resurrect this, but I'm having issues getting a texture to apply to the Star Forge Robes version of the model, the default one popping up is white with only a brown patch on the front of the belt (not like the one in the screenshots).  I have tried replacing PMBJ02.tga with files from other mods including the one you suggested and nothing is overwriting.  The mods I'm using is the full suggested list on the KOTOR reddit (https://old.reddit.com/r/kotor/wiki/kotormodbuildfull) and Zimm's walking animation fix (https://deadlystream.com/files/file/465-movement-animation-fix-for-both-kotor-and-tsl/?tab=comments), I'm assuming for some reason the game isn't identifying PMBJ02.tga as the texture for the Star Forge Robes, and that's probably caused by some edit to the 2da file from another mod?  Was just wondering if there is a relatively simple fix possible.  Included a screenshot of what's happening, basically the game is using some sort of placeholder texture that has the cape and belt as almost pure white with a brown strip on the front of the belt.  I'm guessing that's the default texture when you have none selected? 

EDIT:  Problem solved, for anyone having a similar issue, .tpc files will point your textures to somewhere else, I have a mess of them which I'm assuming probably came from the Ultimate Character Overhaul (https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1282?), just deleted the PMBJ02.tpc and now its fine. 

Screenshot 2023-03-06 131546.png

Edited by wadecounty7

I don't get this. I'm trying to get the cape and belts look, and I've installed both this and the Flowing Cape and Belt Fix, as suggested, but my hood is still up, and the Optional folder just has the options for the other looks. There are no install instructions for this mod on this page, how am I to get the Cape and Belts look?

You run the installer, then follow the instructions. This only replaces the Star Forge robes, not the full body Revan appearance if that is what you are using.

If you are playing a female character with a custom head, then it won't work for you at all.

1 hour ago, DarthParametric said:

You run the installer, then follow the instructions. This only replaces the Star Forge robes, not the full body Revan appearance if that is what you are using.

If you are playing a female character with a custom head, then it won't work for you at all.

Yeah, I ran the installer, and what I'm wearing is the "Star Forge Robes" item that you get within the Star Forge by giving the computer 25 parts. It's the white robes, hood up, no face mask, and the item code is g_a_mstrrobe07, which as I understand it, is the correct item. I understand, though, of course, that I could be completely wrong, but as far as I'm aware, I've covered all the bases of what should be done correctly. Please do let me know if not, and what I should be doing instead!

...and thank you for replying to this, that's really cool of you to do on something you made six years ago!

17 minutes ago, Ragnarok345 said:

It's the white robes, hood up

No, the default Star Forge robes (PMBJ/PFBJ) have no hood (or cape or belts). If you have a hood then you are using a conflicting mod.

6 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

No, the default Star Forge robes (PMBJ/PFBJ) have no hood (or cape or belts). If you have a hood then you are using a conflicting mod.

I don’t understand how. The only mods I have are graphics upgrades, content restoration, and small stupid stuff like using lightsabers during the training montage when you become a Jedi. Nothing related even remotely, that I’m aware of, to clothing, the Star Forge, or…anything that would affect this. But I’ll take your word for it, of course. I don’t suppose you know the correct item code that I could put into my save editor, then? I’ll get the robes from Dantooine on the next playthrough, but I was on the Star Forge itself when I installed, and wanted to end the game wearing the hoodless robe.

For males, the mod uses the vanilla UTI. The item code is g_a_mstrrobe06 for the DS robes and g_a_mstrrobe07 for the LS robes. Female characters required a hack, so use custom UTIs depending on the head variant (which is why the mod doesn't work with custom head mods).

Does…oh, hang on, does FEN’s female PC count as a custom head? As far as I know it’s just a retexture, but it’s the only thing I can think of.

Alright, well, thank you. I appreciate all your help, I'm currently doing a full game and mod reinstall to clear up any issues, and I'll leave out the FENS for her, and see what happens.

Alright, weird thing. I have done a full reinstall, including all my mods except for FENS on the female PC, and now the robes are back to the vanilla ones, no cape, no belts, and no hood. Nothing. Which I'd be happy about...except that I also did install this mod. When I saw it not working right in game I went and installed it again, in case I'd forgotten to or something, and it still didn't work.

Installing it a second time is not recommended. Given its age, it doesn't have provision to deal with pre-existing appearance rows added in the previous install (that I can recall).

Open up your save in KSE and check what value it lists under Appearance. For example:

KSE_Player_Appearance.jpg.b38edfd8bcb04f04ee9634fa0169de55.jpg

I'm...not sure what to do with that information. I tried changing the robe to that in the Save Editor, and it wouldn't let me, saying it was a Bad StrRef.

Add the item to your inventory, either via console or KSE. But I suspect your game install is probably borked by the sounds of things. If you are on the Star Forge, I'd just finish the game and then do a proper install on your next playthrough.

Ahhh, that did it! Not sure why I couldn't change the one I was wearing to that, but adding it to the inventory worked! Thank you!

Hmm. Odd thing, though. The distributor on Dantooine gave me another set of robes without the cloak or the belts. Just the normal vanilla ones. Seems like the only way I have to do it is with the editor.