Guest Lex

What mods do you think are essential to KotOR?

Guest Lex

I'm going to Germany on March 16th and, until then, I have almost nothing to do, which led me to install KotOR on my notebook. I haven't played this game since... who knows when, so I don't remember which mods I used to put in my Override folder, which ones were worth playing and which ones weren't.

I've already downloaded and isntalled the Ultimate Sound Mod, and am downloading Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge, which I've never played before.

So... what mods do you think are essential to KotOR? (:

Well, I came to prefer the Big Bad Sound mod more than shem's because it's easier to install, so I'd say it's kind of an essential to me. I like RedRob's alien series a lot (look for the soundsets that come with 'em and the alien mod too), even though they ruin the apparence of all the armors out there... I think Sithspecter's Flowing Revan Cape's great too.

Well, frankly, the Gammorean Stronghold wasn't much of a restoration (too few content left to make something coherent, in my opinion). The other 2 you mentioned though were great!

Guest Lex

Yeah, I've just played the Gamorreaon Stronghold and to be honest it didn't add anything to the game. There isn't even a quest to speak of.

So people, any more suggestions?! (:

Guest Lex

If I'm thrilled by restorations of Taris's parts, I don't think I hate it. :D

But I'm gonna give your mod a try. Looks interesting. (:

Guest bendarby24

bastila_on_korriban

garrum_and_tareelok_restoration

tomb_of_jesset_dal_kest_v2

Jolee_'s Hut mod

k1_force_pack_v2

start as a jedi

Guest ADG12311990

I know that a lot of people have had problems with the "Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest Mod" (All of them invoving Lashowe being invincible at the begining of the quest.

My recommendations.

Yoda Lightsaber Hilt

Carth's Fighting Spirit (AKA Makes Carth useful)

New Female Red Robe

Darth Vader Lightsaber Hilt

Anakin ROTS Style Hilt

Mandalorian Ultimate Mod

Dialogue Pack (2.1)

Carth's Republic Uniform Plus

Weapons of the Old Republic (The second coolest Mod for KotOR 1. The first one being Brotherhood of Shadow)

Bastila's New Saber Color - WotOR Version

I know that a lot of people have had problems with the "Tomb of Jesset Dal Kest Mod" (All of them invoving Lashowe being invincible at the begining of the quest.

My recommendations.

Yoda Lightsaber Hilt

Carth's Fighting Spirit (AKA Makes Carth useful)

New Female Red Robe

Darth Vader Lightsaber Hilt

Anakin ROTS Style Hilt

Mandalorian Ultimate Mod

Dialogue Pack (2.1)

Carth's Republic Uniform Plus

Weapons of the Old Republic (The second coolest Mod for KotOR 1. The first one being Brotherhood of Shadow)

Bastila's New Saber Color - WotOR Version

I laughed. I never really found Carth all that useful either, or terribly interesting as a character. Just my opinion though.

Guest tiberius1332

I laughed. I never really found Carth all that useful either, or terribly interesting as a character. Just my opinion though.

I liked Carth's back-story, although once other characters were in the fold, I did stop having him in the party.

I liked Carth's back-story, although once other characters were in the fold, I did stop having him in the party.

The whole "revenge for my loved ones" thing starts to get a little thin for me. Carth became most interesting upon finding out your character was Revan, in my opinion anyway. He transformed from the most-trustworthy character to the one you'd expect to shoot you in the back at any time.

I would agree with that one, Pazaak.

I'm a bit new to using mods with KoTOR/TSL, so this thread should hopefully be useful. I've been playing both of these games for years, beatn both of them on countless occasions, yet haven't found the need for a mod, or didn't even know they existed, until a few weeks ago. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll be sure to look into them.