Sign in to follow this  
Revan 411

Party Members - Malachor V

I'm not exactly sure of anyone spoke of this before, and I am rather lazy to search through past threads; so I've decided to simply come out, and ask a question to the members (both the Modding Team, and the fans) of Deadly Stream.

On Malachor V, Darth Stony, and CO restored much of the Cut-Content that was previously founded in that section of the game. While I do enjoy most of them, one aspect of Restored Cut-Content that truly does boggle my mind is the non-interactive Party Member Prisoner thing going on in Traya's Academy. For those who are unfamiliar with what I'm talking about, then let me specifically explain.

In Traya's Academy, she (Kreia) presents you (The Exile) a choice as you walk in; either save your fellow friends (Party Members) from being hostage, or directly go towards the Core of the Academy, and confront Traya. What I did was, was the former of the two options, and I was disappointed in the sense that no matter what you do at the Computer Terminal, (Poison them, Dark Side style, Rescue them, Light Side style) you will always see a black/white camera video of your Party Members escaping their prisons; leaving you (The Exile) unable to have any form of interaction with them. No Dialogue, no Conversation, nothing.

I don't want to bring up the Subject of TSLRP because of potential arguments, and Flame-Wars that could arise over nothing; but I wanted to share their 2006 Christmas Trailer:

Pause at 1 minute, and 6 seconds (1:06). Do you see Mical in the Forge Cage? And do you see how it's possible to interact with him, even though it's simply a 3 second scene of that trailer? I want to know why this wasn't included in TSLRCM v1.07, and I want to know if it's a glitch on my part.

For any miscellaneous play-through details that I may not have covered, please read further blow.

I had a low influence with Handmaiden, so low that she got jealous of my relationship with Visas, and didn't talk to me over the course of the game. I had a potentially romantic one with Visas, that I managed to trigger that "Look upon us" scene. In the Ravenger, I sacrificed Visas for the greater good, and escaped with only Mandalore. On Malachor V, only Mira (she defeated Hanharr), Atton (He defeated Sion), and the Handmaiden survived. Only two (Handmaiden, and Mira) went into the Forge Cages.

Was it my play-through that made them non-interactive within the Prison Chambers? Or do you suppose it was a Glitch, a Bug, or a crappy installation on my part?

Please do reply sincerely. Thanks again.

~ IsoEnt/Rev411

1) Gonna change for 1.8.

2) We had it like that in 1.4. And it sucks (not quite as much as in TSLRP, but not much better either).

3) It wouldn't make much sense for Atton to appear in a Force Cage if he fleed from Sion, right? And that way you also have a guaranteed cutscene after the Kreia ending, because Handmaiden/Disciple or Visas might not make it.

3) It wouldn't make much sense for Atton to appear in a Force Cage if he fleed from Sion, right?

I never made a mention to Atton Rand in my previous post, and would understand all the basic flaws, and confusion for him to end up in a Force Cage if he fleed from Sion. However, I do want to make a nod that it was originally intended for him (Atton) to end up in a Force Cage if he lost the battle against Darth Sion.

1) Gonna change for 1.8.

Thank you. =)

I really hate to criticize this mod, because I really love it and all the effort that has gone into it.

But even with the mod, the finale is still disjointed and underwhelming.

I don't know if it is the loading and loading that keeps happening, but it breaks up the flow, like jumping from one piece to another.

They are working on-it. No point making it avaible if it's not yet ready (which they did anyway, I think. Not their current version, anyway. I think zbyl2 tried-it). Anyway, there's a lot of progress reports on this project.