Sign in to follow this  
Guest SavageOpress83

Workbench breakdown item mod!!!

Guest SavageOpress83

Hello everbody i'm new here and i have a problem with Kotor 2 TSL. I like playing as a Jedi guardian because it's simply the best class combat wise in the game. I'm also like using the workbench to create the best items available. But the problem is while i play as the Jedi Guardian repair is not a class skill and the game only uses the players repair skill to breakdown items. So is there a Mod that make the game use my other party members repair skill?

I have been looking for something like this as well. I'm pretty sure the problem is actually a bug.

I had hopes it would actually be in the TSLRCM, but I don't see it in the notes.

A mod? To my knowledge, you can just use your party members when working on a bench, can you not?

Just control a party member with a high repair skill, or whatever you need, and go to the bench. I've always thought it worked that way, does it not?

I've never really fiddled around with the workbench too much, and especially not on a melee-heavy character like a Guardian. Also, I suppose that would require a bench that isn't on the Hawk.

There is already a mod that does this. Sorry I can't recall what it's called and where to find it.

Doesn't a search at Kotorfiles wield it?

A mod? To my knowledge, you can just use your party members when working on a bench, can you not?

Just control a party member with a high repair skill, or whatever you need, and go to the bench. I've always thought it worked that way, does it not?

I've never really fiddled around with the workbench too much, and especially not on a melee-heavy character like a Guardian. Also, I suppose that would require a bench that isn't on the Hawk.

Sorry mate, it's bugged. It always uses the Exile's repair skill no matter who uses the workbench.

The only exception is when you have Mira, party of 1 at a certain point in the story. She gains access to a workbench. You can have her break down dozens of items at that point and have enough components to assemble lots of end-game items later.

Note the return on components you get from breaking down items caps at Repair skill 20.

I'm not sure if http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/ is kotorfiles, but searching there I found no such fix. Just a few mods to add more items you can make at the workbench (armor, lightsabers, etc.).

I do consider this to be a bug, given that you can use party members to craft items and it does use their skill level, not the Exile's. It sucks because you have to blow a feat and take Repair as a class skill usually. Only one starting class gets it naturally; I forget which one. Sentinel?

Guest HaVoKeR

Try downloading and installing this: Kotor2.zip

I have this extracted from the unofficial 1.0c patch that i downloaded and ripped apart long time ago (better dont try it), the only good thing about it is the swoop race fix, the most of the patch is not compatible with RCM though, and its not "legal" too.

If that doesn't work, you can try other two things: use KSE to edit the Exile repair skill to 20 for max components from breaking down items... and use bao-dur with skill items and master valor to build the rest.

Or, download and install my UBM (yeah, i like marketing haha), with that, your Exile will have repair and other skills, no matter what class he is, and some upgrades will have lower requirements, but theres a little price to pay... the game gets harder. =)

Here: http://deadlystream....-balancing-mod/

Sorry mate, it's bugged. It always uses the Exile's repair skill no matter who uses the workbench.

The only exception is when you have Mira, party of 1 at a certain point in the story. She gains access to a workbench. You can have her break down dozens of items at that point and have enough components to assemble lots of end-game items later.

Note the return on components you get from breaking down items caps at Repair skill 20.

I'm not sure if http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/ is kotorfiles, but searching there I found no such fix. Just a few mods to add more items you can make at the workbench (armor, lightsabers, etc.).

I do consider this to be a bug, given that you can use party members to craft items and it does use their skill level, not the Exile's. It sucks because you have to blow a feat and take Repair as a class skill usually. Only one starting class gets it naturally; I forget which one. Sentinel?

Huh. Never encountered that before, but like I said, I never fiddle with the workbench much except for lightsabers/robes.