Guest HaVoKeR

About getting your lightsaber.

Guest HaVoKeR

Hey i was thinking if its possible to remove the "crafting a lightsaber" quest from the game, and instead of getting the first part of a lightsaber in telos, the exile get a complete lightsaber to start playing with... i mean, am i the only one who hates it? Who wish to get a lightsaber really early (like in my Harbinger Mod) but want it to make sense, and later don't have bao-dur thinking he is all ubber because he will help you build a lightsaber - something that a jedi would NEVER need help to-.

So i am asking if anyone can point me in doing it, or just wants to do it... i think it will be a nice mod.

Sure.

Just modify the 2 different dialogues to give a lightsaber, not set the quest and add a script which sets the variables which makes the game think it's completed; done.

Guest HaVoKeR

Damm, now i realize how i suck about modding haha, bother in explain this to me like i am 12 years old? haha

Guest HaVoKeR

I can do better than that.

I haven't had time to test it though, but it *should* work just fine.

http://deadlystream....ghtsaber-quest/

NICE, Congratulations! I just felt like this was one of my presents fron entering a university...

I'm glad you finally liked one of my modding ideas haha.

Guest Master Revan

I don't know why... but there is a bug in the Crafting a Lightsaber Quest.

After I got all parts and Bao Dur said that is possible to construct a Lightsaber the dialogue suddenly over and isn't possible to build a saber even if a talk with him again.

I'm playing ultimate balance mod with ultimate personal items (I thought giving lightsabers on the Harbinger was too easy, until I ran into Sith Assassins with lightsabers!). I decided to use HH's no lightsaber quest as well. It has gone fine until I get to the first drop, where I receive a lightsaber part and the lightsaber quest. This was on Dxun, after I already received the lightsaber on Telos from the Ithorians, and after I received the two from my quarters on the Harbinger. I monkeyed around with Telos Academy so that I could run female exile with Handmaiden, a mod that seems incompatible with 1.7. So I take out that mod for the encounter on Telos, which hits the bug where "Lay down your weapons..." causes it to go into diagnostic mode, and put the mod in right after that to activate Handmaiden as a party member. I didn't get the conversation with Bao-Dur about building a lightsaber, so dropping lightsaber parts on me now is disconcerting. Here's a mod list, some of which are not in place, like the beginning items and the rebalance mods.

1.7 FIX.rar

CrazyRebalance.zip

cyan_fix.rar

Force powers with Armors.exe

handmaiden4femexiles11.rar

invisible_head_gear_tsl.zip

NarShaddaaFix.rar

no_lightsaber_quest_v10.rar

prequelstylerobes.zip

Rebalance.zip

RFPRA.zip

RHPCBeginningItems1.7z

RHPrClBonus1.7z

Sions_arrival_fix_2_0.rar

TSLRCM1.7.exe

ultimatebalancingmod.zip

ultimatepersonalitems.zip

Workbench Attunement Mod.zip

BTW, does anyone else run KOTOR 2 on a Linux box with PlayOnLinux? It's pretty awesome playing a Windows game without having a Winblows machine sucking the life out of everything else.

Any of these mods contain a_give_quest_ls.ncs?

Otherwise it could be some areas use an alternative means that that script to drop lightsabers. Then I would need to modify these manually. Do all other drops work fine (no second part, just more sabers?)

I copied the lightsaber quest mod over the rest when the part dropped in the Dxun jungle, so if there were other mods using the same file, they got changes wiped out.

Lightsaber dropped when I fought Visas, and again when I finished with the quests Mandalore set me on to take me to Isis, so maybe just that weird location in the jungle, which doesn't usually drop a lightsaber but like a crystal or lightsaber lens, cell, or emitter. In the jungle where Kelborn puts you on taking out some scouts.

I'm doing Dxun/Onderon after Telos just to see what it's like.

Hmmm, you mean the one when killing the Cannok?

I guess that would use another script. Well, keep my posted for any others, probably will try and find and change it for 1.1 then.

Guest HaVoKeR

I guess that would use another script. Well, keep my posted for any others, probably will try and find and change it for 1.1 then.

I didn't test anymore, but after getting 1 or 2 sabers with this mod, i still got a part in the Voga's secret room (Nar Shadaa) and the lightsaber quest update in the journal (which makes no sense, corrected it with KSE), after that i've received another lightsaber from lootra for rescuing his wife.

I don't know what happens if you have this mod installed before telos, but you still get the craft LS quest in the journal? i don't think its needed.

Yes, killing the Cannok.

I've been getting lightsabers since then, though I might play with what HaVoKeR said and fix lightsaber quest in KSE.

We could probably do away with the conversation that Atton and Exile have on the Ebon Hawk about lightsabers if one uses the UBM personal items mod, since, well, the lightsabers DID come in handy on Peragus. But I'm dealing with every reference to the exile as "he" already with the Handmaiden mod, so a little extra parlay with Atton shouldn't bother me that much.

Well, if you ask me the later you get a lightsaber the better. It makes the game harder and it forces you to use other weapons which become pretty much useless once you have a lightsaber...

And it makes them more special in a way. I am currently about 40 hours into the game and after the Kreia/Sion duel on the Harbinger i have seen a lightsaber only once - when Visas fights me on the Ebon Hawk some 20 hours later. And i was like wow a lightsaber. When i finally construct one i think that i am going to explode.

As for Bao Dur helping you make it, yeah you should be able to assemble it yourself but since Bao is not really the talkative type this gives you some interaction with him. Otherwhise he would be practically invisible on the ship.

Guest HaVoKeR

40 hours and still not finished a planet (bar Telos)?

Wow.

He must have my mod with the settings in HARD installed.

Even with a mod that makes it more hard, it would not take that much time no? You'd just die more often.

40 hours and still not finished a planet (bar Telos)?

Wow.

No man, i finished Nar Shaddaa and now almost Dantooine but i am still missing a lens.

He must have my mod with the settings in HARD installed.

Yeah, i have a difficulty mod but i dont know if its yours or the one from Achilles, i honestly cant remember which one i put in. The game is a LOT harder but it makes for some really epic battles. Visas fight for example, we fought all over the ship for half an hour. It was awesome :D

• Like 1

Guest HaVoKeR

No man, i finished Nar Shaddaa and now almost Dantooine but i am still missing a lens.

Yeah, i have a difficulty mod but i dont know if its yours or the one from Achilles, i honestly cant remember which one i put in. The game is a LOT harder but it makes for some really epic battles. Visas fight for example, we fought all over the ship for half an hour. It was awesome :D

Achilles doesnt make the game much harder, can only be mine i think, you have extra atacks from master/knight speed? if not, your using UBM.

You mean burst of speed right? Well, i never spend points on that power so i really dont know. Sorry :D

Wow! What is that thing, at the end of my post? I typed a smiley, you know a : and a ) and it gave me that thing. What kind of a smiley is that anyway, it looks ridiculous.

You... don't use the most powerful force power in the game (yes, more than lightning even!)... :?

Well yeah... I always thought that it looks kinda ridiculous... like that smiley :D

I mean look at it!