Hi folks. I've been a fan of the Kotor games for years, having played them on the original xbox. I've attempted to play them on the pc in the past, but was set back by one thing or another. Flashfoward to today. I've recently dove in headfirst into the modding of the game, attempting to learn and pass on all I can.

My question is, can you merge dialogue.tlk files?

A specific example would be combining the features of Shem's Dialogue Fix with say, Player Character Response fix. I also suspect I'm having issues with the Added Force Powers for this reason. Instead of the actual descriptions showing for the powers, I'm getting random dialogue.

Thank you in advance for any help.

You can append, or paste the info from, one TLK file to the other, but it's not recommended for two different versions of the full TLK. As far as I know, there isn't a way to merge content in two different TLK files. That's also assuming I'm reading the post right.

While it is possible to merge two dialog.tlk files (coding something like that up wouldn't take me very long I guess), you would probably have to do a Yes/No prompt every time a line differed between the two files. For example, you'd probably need to select Shem's file first, the PC Response one second, and then manually click Yes to every one of the Player Character Response Fix.

I appreciate the replies.

What would be the best way to go about editing the file (I'm new to this type)? Would I need to convert it to a different type, or use a mod tool?

I should note that I have been manually installing through the Override folder, or using TSL patcher when included.

I can link tools to convert the tlk files to .txt files, but you'd need to be able to figure out which lines were changed between the files... And the tool I discussed making earlier could either be done today, or it'd have to wait until Wednesday.

I can link tools to convert the tlk files to .txt files, but you'd need to be able to figure out which lines were changed between the files... And the tool I discussed making earlier could either be done today, or it'd have to wait until Wednesday.

Gotcha. The link sounds great. When you have the time to make the tool, that would be awesome as well.