Sign in to follow this  
Gguy

playable Weequay

Ahh yes . . . Weequays, the leathery humanoid race with an interesting culture and bad ass look. I think it would be a great idea if someone made a Weequay head (since the normal Weequay body is a full model) . I am aware there is a tutorial on how to separate a head from a body (which is pretty straight forward for me, since I am familiar with 3d software). Sadly, my piece of software (blender 3d) doesn't support some of the file formats that are to be used in the tutorial.

I'll simplify things : could someone make a Weequay head/Race ..ect.

I thought it was already a part of redrob41's playable aliens mod, but it seems that was only K1, so doesn't include a Weequay.

It's certainly possible to make it available as a player head, but the hair at the back are AuroraFlex AKA dangly meshes, which aren't going to work out too well (not to mention will clip through pretty much every body mesh).

Edit: Here's a quick and dirty hack job. The hair ponytail things were skinned to a combo of head/neck/upper torso, but with low subdivision there is a bit of stretching and poor deformation. Also some clipping on certain body models. The eyes and eyelid meshes also don't align with the player head rig, so there is some weirdness going on there, particularly with the eyelids. I might look at it again if I get time.

There are no DS transitions, just uses the default NPC texture.

TSL_Player_Weequay_01_TH.jpg TSL_Player_Weequay_02_TH.jpg

TSL_Player_Weequay_03_TH.jpg TSL_Player_Weequay_04_TH.jpg

Edit 2: Updated version posted below.

weequays are one of those creatures that weren't really ever featured as dark siders, so i think they would look the same anyways. The fact that you used your time and patience to create such a work of art has amused me greatly. I'l check it out!

And yes, you are correct, the aliens mod was a kotor 1 addition + Weequays were introduced in kotor 2. Hell, now that i think of it.

EDIT: WOW, it works great, you should TOTALLY release the head for public use on the official downloads section, it would be a hit!

i suppose you could use SWTOR's weequay's to get a reference on how their torso,arm and leg skin would look like.

EDIT: I taken two pics ingame (I used the gray clothing variant and the mabari armoweave helmet (from the mabari outfit here: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/641-mabari-armorweave/ ), since the colors fit togethers.)  and due to its size and baldness, the weequay is able to wear headwear without any issues as seen in the pics bellow (only piece that slightly clipped with the mabari headgear is the hair bun above the tails, but you could just imagine that the weequay specifically cut open that part of the headgear in order to show off the bun).

say hi to the force sensitive pirate Vakk Num:

2jb1klv.png

14j7n76.png

Good part about heads is that if a model update comes, you just replace one file.

Guys, i brought you a present!

In my spare time (Which i have way too much of these days), i have managed to make a decent weequay body skin (you can use it if you plan to release it (hopefully) fully on deadlystream, no need to credit me! (unless you want to)) .

here are pics for the texture ingame, i can send you the file , DP, but i need you to tell me how you want me to do that!

2bdwky.jpg

2vjwif4.jpg

26093ro.jpg

i obviously matched the skin color, darkened some parts and added a wrinkled overlay (minor, but it makes a big difference). When  i taken a look at swtor's tanno vik (shirtless), i noticed that the only "Large" wrinkles on the body is on the chest ,neck and face.

• Like 1