Sign in to follow this  
Jorak Uln

COMPATIBILITY of lightsaber mods?

Hi guys,

for my upcoming project, where i want to give all lightsabers from the follwing mods new SWTOR Lightsaber blades textures;  i need to merge these two mods from Kaidon Jorn:

SLM 2.0

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/551-schematic-lightsaber-mod-slm/

and

Default Hilt Replacement Mega Pack 8.1

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/496-tsl-default-replacement-hilt-megapack/

So my questions are:

1. Since SLM 2.0 leaves default blades untouched - are they compatible with each other?

2. are they compatible with TSLRCM 1.8.5 and M4-78EP 1.2

Beside that, since im not into .2da editing could s.o. help me merging both files into one archive?

They are compatible since they both use TSLPatcher anyway to edit the .2da file and they both work with TSLRCM and M4-78 as long as you use the M4-78 compability patch for SLM. Just install SLM as the very first mod after TSLRCM and SLM since it replaces entire .mod files instead of modifiing them.

So yeah, there's no need for you to merge anything, that's what TSLPatcher is for :)

They are compatible since they both use TSLPatcher anyway to edit the .2da file and they both work with TSLRCM and M4-78 as long as you use the M4-78 compability patch for SLM. Just install SLM as the very first mod after TSLRCM and SLM since it replaces entire .mod files instead of modifiing them.

So yeah, there's no need for you to merge anything, that's what TSLPatcher is for :D

The point is, i want to make my own mod out of it (it might contain even other sources) - so i need 1 installer. That said, how can i merge them?

The point is, i want to make my own mod out of it (it might contain even other sources) - so i need 1 installer. That said, how can i merge them?

Ah okay, now I get it. Well, you could either try and merge their changes.ini files into one file. Which shouldn't actually be that hard to do, but is probably not a good solution either.

From what I can tell, the hilt pack only puts model and texture files in the Override folder, so you'd just take SLM as a base and then use the TSLPatcher setup to also add those additional files and everything you add to the Override. Read the TSLPatcher manual on how to do that, it's an excellent documentation on how to set TSLPatcher up.

While you're at it you could also make the mod more compatible with others by having it edit files inside the .mod files instead of replacing them like SLM. But that would require more work as you'd have to find every single file that Kaidon modified. So I'm not sure if you want to do that.

@Kexikus: Thank you  i'll try that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------