Sign in to follow this  
xander2077

Looking for particular models

The issue I've had in the past with collision is that placeables respect collision the same as a player would, so trying to spawn one in right on top of some collision will result in it shifting to one side. It's probably not a big issue for the Upper City one, as it's just a static bit of scenery, so it doesn't matter if it moves a bit. Bastila's though I seem to recall has a cutscene that shows the capsule is empty. I could be mistaken, but if that is the case then it could be more problematic.

Edit: OK, it turns out Bastila's pod wasn't too difficult to check. Loading a save right before Mission joins was sufficient. I didn't get a cutscene or even any journal update on approaching it though, so maybe I was imagining things? It seems like this is purely set dressing as well.

In my experience, placeables go exactly where you place them, regardless of whatever else is there. If you place the pod right on top of the previous one, it should stick. Though, in my opinion the better route to go would be adding it into the .lyt and .vis files instead. If you do that, you won't have to worry about new .2da lines, walkmeshes, etc. You can just enter the coordinates for it, and it will definitely spawn in the right place.

There isn't a cutscene, but that's not a bad idea for a mod.

In my experience, placeables go exactly where you place them, regardless of whatever else is there.

I've had a hell of a time with script-based ones in the past. See, for example, my misadventures in trying to get the Lobot-style cyborg head guy to lay on the freaking bed at the start of TSL in said head's WIP thread. Although that one doesn't count I guess, being a character. I did have plenty of trouble with actual placeables though, like the G-Wing shuttle, when messing about with that replacement I-Wing model.

Though, in my opinion the better route to go would be adding it into the .lyt and .vis files instead. If you do that, you won't have to worry about new .2da lines, walkmeshes, etc. You can just enter the coordinates for it, and it will definitely spawn in the right place.

Can't say I have ever done that. I didn't even know that was a thing. I have gone the GIT/MOD route before for release-candidate stuff, but typically find scripting useful to iteratively adjust positions.

There isn't a cutscene, but that's not a bad idea for a mod.

So it was my imagination then. Hrmm. Perhaps I was misremembering based on the conversation with Canderous.

Edit: Regarding spawn positions, it looks like these might be useful starting points.

Upper City: 60.00, 95.00, 0.0

Undercity: 318.00, 250.00, 2.5

You'll have to experiment with the rotation angle, as it will depend on how you oriented the mesh.

I've had a hell of a time with script-based ones in the past. See, for example, my misadventures in trying to get the Lobot-style cyborg head guy to lay on the freaking bed at the start of TSL in said head's WIP thread. Although that one doesn't count I guess, being a character. I did have plenty of trouble with actual placeables though, like the G-Wing shuttle, when messing about with that replacement I-Wing model.

Can't say I have ever done that. I didn't even know that was a thing. I have gone the GIT/MOD route before for release-candidate stuff, but typically find scripting useful to iteratively adjust positions.

So it was my imagination then. Hrmm. Perhaps I was misremembering based on the conversation with Canderous.

Edit: Regarding spawn positions, it looks like these might be useful starting points.

Upper City: 60.00, 95.00, 0.0

Undercity: 318.00, 250.00, 2.5

You'll have to experiment with the rotation angle, as it will depend on how you oriented the mesh.

Well what I can do is just import the vanilla pod into the new pod blend file and then rotate them accordingly until they approximate the same angles, and then rely on the coordinates you posted to get them in game facing the right way and in the right location.