Sign in to follow this  
Donnchadius

Swoop Racing bugged

Sorry if this has been discussed, but the other swoop bug threads didn't mention it.

I've just started playing the TSLRCM and have got as far as Telos. I've been pleased so far, mainly because the PC I'm using now can run the game with top graphics settings, whereas before I had long load times and low settings. One problem was that the swoop races didn't seem to work at all. Well, now the actual race works fine, but whatever time I post I get told "Nasty spill you had out there. You have to finish the race in order..." as though I'd crashed and pressed 'F' to forfeit.

Do I need to re-install one of the patches? If so, do I then need to reinstall RCM 1.7 and start over?

Thanks for any help.

~D

You patched the game to 1.0b before installing TSLRCM? You didn't crash/forfeit at any time? And just in case your swoop is flying just beneath the ceiling, did use a No-CD crack?

Actually, I think it was still vanilla when installed. I 'updated' and the version reads as '2.0' so I think nothing was downloaded. Should 1.7 be installed with vanilla? I saw comments that basic bugs aren't fixed, such as swoop racing but that you could update the patches later? The launcher shows that it is the RCM, so I figured it was installed properly. To test this, what's the first major difference that you come across? Was the skin with long hair and beard available in vanilla? I don't remember it.

I'm not using a nocd crack, though it would nice to be able to as I like to save my play discs the wear, considering this is the sort of game that I could play every few years and each play through gets a good 40-60 hours.

Funny, it wasn't happening before, but now I get the flying on ceiling bug.

I really enjoyed the swoops in the first game, so it's a shame I've never been able to play it in the second.

~D

No, you can't install 1.0b after TSLRCM, you got to install it first. And yes, after installation it should say v2.10 not 2.0.

Guest Francis

I have the same problem that Donnchadius have and I'm sure that I've installed the 1.0b patch before the TSLRCM. I haven't got any more MODs, the racing are seemingly OK and I use now the 1.0c patch. Before update to 1.0c unofficial patch I have been using a NO-CD crack (I have the original game but my current PC haven't got CD reader) and the problem was the same. Have you got any idea about this?

Edited by Francis

Don't use 1.0c. Moreover if you're using a non-US version you'll have to install 1.0a, then 1.0b and finally TSLRCM.

Guest RamsesIV

Did anybody found a solution to the swoop bug without using the 1.0c Patch ?

RamsesIV

The only way I've found-hit sideways on something and your swoop will fall to the ground. Do not crash directly, but hit sideways. This I found on the race for Onderon-I hit the statue at the start and fell.

I did correct this bug by using the "swkotor2.exe" from the 1.0c thingy. Only this file, not the stolen content and all. It did fix this problem (plus it allows me to go nocd, because whenever I use my CD play, my computer seems like it goes nuts and the

CD spins so fast I could hear-it spining from the other side of the house...)