tairos

manual install

I don't seem to be able to get the installer working (I'm on a mac and trying to use Wine, if that matters).  Is there a manual installation procedure for the newest version?  I don't seem to be able to find it.  Thanks.

If it would be helpful, I took a recusrive binary diff of the SWKotOR directory before and after installing the mod.  It's about 80MB instead of 50, and requires xpatch3 (and perl for the handy wrapper script), but it basically does the same thing the installer does.  If you can get the installer to run in wine, I'd recommend that (I did, wine 1.7.24, playonlinux, Gentoo), but otherwise I can post a link to the patch and wrapper script for xpatch3

No manual installation, but I would recommend trying this:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/3156-mac-how-to-install-mods-for-kotor-1-2/

That video mentions that the App Store version is not desirable, which is what I have.  Is there any known case of getting the mod to work with that version?  Because using Crossover isn't working despite what seems like pretty simple instructions (I've been using mods on Windows for a very long time).

If it would be helpful, I took a recusrive binary diff of the SWKotOR directory before and after installing the mod.  It's about 80MB instead of 50, and requires xpatch3 (and perl for the handy wrapper script), but it basically does the same thing the installer does.  If you can get the installer to run in wine, I'd recommend that (I did, wine 1.7.24, playonlinux, Gentoo), but otherwise I can post a link to the patch and wrapper script for xpatch3

That may be helpful, thanks.  Though I'm not technically literate enough to really know what you're talking about.