Rovan

How would you go about converting a Steam Workshop mod into a TSLPatcher compatible mod?

The mod in question is called "Content Pack: Feats and Powers". The Workshop version is currently at version 1.3, while the NexusMods version is at 1.11 (and uses TSLPatcher for installation). I've been using a Workshop-free build lately, but this is a mod I've wanted to add to my build for a while. 

What process would I need to go through to take the Workshop mod files and implement them into the TSLPatcher mod version? There's a "dialogue.tlk" file in the Workshop mod folder, while the outdated TSLPatcher mod has "append.tlk", "nwnnsscomp.exe", and "changes.ini".

This is just for personal use. I'm not looking to release any possible results, out of respect for the original modder. 

Links to the mod in question:

Workshop (1.3): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489204257

NexusMods (1.11): http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/57/?

Already tried that, sadly. Even posted a discussion on the mod page for the Workshop version a few days ago, no response. It's not that he's offline all the time (he even responded to a comment made after mine), but I dunno...

Based on the mods listed in your Reddit post (you should link them here btw), it looks like the Steam version has an additional 10 or so rows it is adding to dialog.tlk, above the 36 ones the Nexus version adds. It also looks like the scripts have changed. I decompiled them and had a look, and it seems like the shared ones are pretty much the same, but obviously the compiled ones have hardcoded values for 2DA references while the Nexus version uses memory tokens. It would be a pain in the ass to try and rejig those for a TSLPatcher install.

If the author won't update to the Nexus, the most logical approach is to start from a fresh install with TSLRCM from the Workshop, subscribe to the mod in question on the Workshop, back up a copy of its Workshop folder somewhere then unsubscribe from it. Copy and paste the contents of it over the top of TSLRCM's Workshop folder. Then do all your other manual/TSLPatcher mod installs over the top of that.

If the author won't update to the Nexus, the most logical approach is to start from a fresh install with TSLRCM from the Workshop, subscribe to the mod in question on the Workshop, back up a copy of its Workshop folder somewhere then unsubscribe from it. Copy and paste the contents of it over the top of TSLRCM's Workshop folder. Then do all your other manual/TSLPatcher mod installs over the top of that.

Except that following that approach, would he not end up overwriting the dialog.tlk file used by TSLRCM, with all the added/fixed entries?

Thus the problem with the workshop... :(

If someone were to get me the files, I guess I could work up a TSL Patcher for Rovan. I'm used to making the installers by now, and they're usually about as complex (if not more so) as this one will be.

Also, I'd appreciate knowledge of how to contact the author.

It already uses patched TSLRCM dialog.tlk and 2DAs, so there's no compatibility problem using the approach I specified (hence why I specified it).

Per the OP's Reddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comments/4637jl/kotor_2_how_would_you_go_about_turning_a_workshop/ - the mod in question can be located here:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489204257

http://www.nexusmods.com/kotor2/mods/57

The author is TamerBill.

Based on the mods listed in your Reddit post

Oh no, I've been found out D: Sorry about that, I'll throw links in the OP.

If someone were to get me the files, I guess I could work up a TSL Patcher for Rovan. I'm used to making the installers by now, and they're usually about as complex (if not more so) as this one will be.

Which files do you mean? I can send you the workshop files (1.3) if that's ok/necessary, as well as version 1.11's TSLPatcher version. 

Also, I'd appreciate knowledge of how to contact the author.

You could try commenting on the workshop page here (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=489204257), or starting a new discussion, or even adding him (though I wouldn't expect any response from that method). He's made a similar mod for KoTOR 1 and posted that on LucasForums, so it might be possible he's active on there. And of course, there's NexusMods, but judging by the comments on the mod there, he hasn't been there in a long while.

If it comes to this, I'll gladly do this. I'll try holding out for a little while longer, but this isn't such a bad last resort. Kinda hope TSLRCM doesn't get updated again in this case. :v 

And hey, to the both of you: thank you so much for replying. Even if nothing comes out of this, gotta give you two props for trying to help out.

I will need you to send me the packaged up workshop folder for the 1.3 version. I should be able to reverse everything he did and make a TSL Patcher version from it, but if I need the 1.11 files, I'll be sure to let you know.

Also, to avoid any permission issues with distribution, please PM me the archive/package (preferably in a .7z file) instead of adding it to this thread.

• Like 1

Hassat Hunter posted on Steam that his M4-78 is not compatible with Content Pack: Feats and Powers..

Just a head-up, in case you're using both :-)