DarthParametric

Download:Jedi Hermit Robes

DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_01_TH.jpg

File Name: Jedi Hermit Robes
File Submitter: DarthParametric
File Submitted: 24 Jan 2016
File Category: Skins
TSLRCM Compatible: Yes

Some of the Dark Jedi/Sith Assassin robes in TSL were repurposed versions of Jolee Bindo’s model from K1. Because the original model and texture for Jolee’s robes weren’t included in TSL, and due to issues concerning porting content from one game to the other, this mod adds a retinted version of the TSL Dark Jedi/Sith Assassin robes to approximate the original look of Jolee’s robes in K1. Note that this does not include the lowered hood like the K1 version, as that was physically removed from the mesh. However, one bonus is that TSL added a female version of the mesh, so this is available for both male and female characters.

Because of restrictions with the way body models in KOTOR work, the only way to add the model without replacing an entire class of existing clothes/armour/robe models is as a disguise. The problem with the disguise functionality is that is replaces the entire body, including the head. In order to show a head, a separate appearance is required for every single player and party member head. In other words, each version of the item will show a specific head, regardless of whatever head you usually have. The item name references which particular head it will show, so choose the one that matches your regular head. Refer to the player head reference chart or check your head ID in KSE. Note that this only includes vanilla heads. If you use a custom head mod then you will need to modify the head ID value in one of the added appearance.2da rows to point to your custom head’s heads.2da ID.

The item has the base stats of a Jedi Master Robe and is upgradeable.

INSTALLATION
Extract the archive and run TSLPatcher to install. Add the robes to your inventory via KSE or console command. There are 40 versions of the item to cover all player/party heads. Simply add whichever are appropriate. Item use is restricted by player, sex, and party member, as appropriate.

KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES
Both the TSL and original versions of the model have some issues with backface clipping of the "skirt" polys that cause some shading errors. This is an inherent issue in the model and not due to anything this mod does. It simply uses a hex edited version of the original models, they are otherwise untouched. Trying to fix it would probably cause more trouble than it would solve.

Visas's head has a lot of clipping issues around the neck. Nothing I can do about that without making a whole other Visas head, which I have no real desire to do.

While the robe is upgradeable, in the Workbench rotating display it shows a commoner clothes model. I don't think this is resolvable because of the way the mod works. It adds two new entries to baseitems.2da, but it has to specify a pre-existing Body Variation (B in this case, clothing). I can't get it to show the Jolee robes model without replacing one of the base body types, which would defeat the whole point of going the disguise route.

While I did some basic testing to ensure that the items were equippable and didn't cause any crashes, the mod has not had any proper testing. Thus, I am releasing it here as a DS exclusive beta in the hope that some of you lot will play guinea pig.

As an additional note, the texture is not very good, basically just a quick and dirty colour overlay of the TSL texture. If anyone wants to do a proper version then by all means feel free to volunteer.

Also, I think I got all the heads, but let me know if I missed any.

DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_01_TH.jpg DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_02_TH.jpg
DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_03_TH.jpg DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_04_TH.jpg
DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_05_TH.jpg DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_06_TH.jpg
DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_07_TH.jpg DP_Jedi_Hermit_Robes_08_TH.jpg

Player head ID guide if required:

TSL_Player_Head_Chart_TH.jpg

Click here to download this file
  • Like 1

Yeah there are 2 versions of it. There's n_darkjlowm (which this mod uses) that is basically just the Jolee mesh with the shoulder pads, hood, and loin cloth removed, plus some physical alterations like the front of the "skirt" widened and the trousers tucked into the boots. Then there's n_darkjmidm which adds shoulder pads and a belt thing across the chest.

K1_Jolee_Robes_vs_TSL_Sith_Assassins_TH.

And as I mentioned in the description, TSL also added female versions of those meshes. I just took those, renamed them, and hex edited the texture names to point to my custom texture.

Edit: Looking at the original Jolee model again, I realise my undershirt texture ended up a bit too orange looking. Need to bring it back to a more yellowy colour I guess.

• Like 1

Oh, nice work! I had noticed this as well, and was working on a skin, but I didn't add the additional details, like the Shoulder padding. Just a straight up recolor.

i3X3ohf.png

Now all that's left is somebody to try and maybe remodel the TSL model to match the K1 version as much as possible.

• Like 1

The UVs are unchanged, so it would be compatible. You should post it as an alternative. The only thing is that I have 4 race variants for the different skin colour on the hands.

Post it as a separate mod or as a MediaFire link in the thread? Because all I have is a texture, I haven't gone into implementing it into the game at all, so far.

I'd post it as your own mod rather than making people go to Mediafire. Then just post a link in here when it is approved.

My mod is set up to use 4 different textures with race-specific skin tints on the hands, DP_JediHermit001 to DP_JediHermit004. 001 is Asian, 002, is Black, 003 is Caucasian, and 004 is Hispanic. I also have them as DDS (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/536-bioware-tga-to-dds-converter/) so you may want to consider doing that as well if you want them as a straight overwrite of my files.