Barajas_201

cut scenes showing up really small on tsl

just yesterday a got tsl, before playing the game i installed all the updates, the restorted content 1.7, the hq music and movies,the windows vista fix, and the official patch from luckasarts, the movies are showing up really small on my laptop monitor which resolution is 720p, is there any solution for this? im running tsl on windows 7, also some movies dont have sounds

Edited by Barajas_201

Guest DH-010

I had that once... I mean, I had that if you have the movies displayed in the upper-right corner of the screen...

I believe I fixed it by meddling with the 'swkotor2.ini' file. I'm don't remember exactly what I did, but I guess I did something with the settings in that file, especially the settings under '[Display Options]'.

What does it say (you can open the file using Wordpad or Notepad) under '[Display Options]' and '[Graphics Options]'?

Edited by DH-010

this is exactly what it says

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=66

Voiceover Volume=100

Sound Effects Volume=57

Movie Volume=84

Number 3D Voices=32

Number 2D Voices=32

2D3D Bias=1.00

EAX=0

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

Force Software=0

now what i do?

oh yeah the graphics not the sound, sorry. here it is

[Graphics Options]

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=0

Grass=0

Soft Shadows=0

Shadows=0

Brightness=57

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

RefreshRate=60

Width=1024

Height=768

V-Sync=1

Texture Quality=2

Anti Aliasing=2

Emitters=1

Maybe you could change this:

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

to this:

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=1024

Height=768

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

i changed the numbers but it said "access is denied"

ok i deleted the file and added the changed file but the movies still look very small, i checked the movies in the movie menu

Guest DH-010

I'm not entirely sure what you mean... Did you throw away the original file and made a new one yourself?

The 'access is denied' could mean the file is checked as 'read only' in the properties window (I'm assuming you got that message when trying to save the file).

i copyed the original file to my desktop and paste the changed file to the directory

the original file doesnt have read only check, now what?

Guest DH-010

Okay...

Ehm...

I'm afraid I'm beginning to draw a black here... I was pretty sure I fixed it by meddling with the 'swkotor2.ini' file. But now I'm beginning to doubt myself.

I've been trying to recreate the problem myself to see what causes it exactly, but I'm not having any luck. For some reason the game completely ignores my changes to the file too (changes to the 'Display Options' that is). I don't even get it to turn off the movies this way, which should be a pretty obvious way to see if it works or not...

It starting to irritate me. I'm sorry, but maybe someone else here still has an idea?

could it be the tslrcm 1.7? i assuming that this wasn't a problem before tslrcm 1.7 came out, but then again i got tsl very recently so i wouldn't know

i said i dindt know

so what can be causing this problem?

ok im gonna do something very drastic, i will uninstall tsl and install it again but changing the file and then installing all the updates, ill post if my solution worked or not..................wish me luck

oh no, i can't uninstall tsl! the uninstall exe is no where to be found, i can't find it, help

Guest DH-010

First of all, the 'edit' button is always your friend and is located in the grey bar below your post.

Second, re-installing the game could work of-course, but I don't see a lot of chances of it working. Because you had the problem already before messing with the file and re-installing the game would bring back the exact same file.

Thirdly, there is one last thing I could think of to get rid of this problem; drivers. Perhaps upgrading or even downgrading your graphics card's drivers can have some impact. These drivers are usually found by googling '[you card manufacturer's name] drivers', of-course you do need to know your card's type.

If you still want to re-install the game; the uninstall file is found in the 'Start-menu' (or 'Windows-menu') in the taskbar under Programs/LucasArts/Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II (or whatever you've called it).

I don't know why, but when I tried to edit mine a week ago to add cheats; I had to enable full control permissions for all users, even though I'm the admin on this computer.

how can i do what you did because im also the admin but it wont let me change it?

If you're using Vista/7 turn off that User Control thingamabob. UAC I believe it was.

Also, if the cutscenes don't work properly for you you might want to try Bink and Smacker (google it!) to resize them to the appropriate size of your monitor instead of 1600x1200. That *should* work.

If you're using Vista/7 turn off that User Control thingamabob. UAC I believe it was.

Also, if the cutscenes don't work properly for you you might want to try Bink and Smacker (google it!) to resize them to the appropriate size of your monitor instead of 1600x1200. That *should* work.

i disabled what you said and still it say access is denied, i have windows 7, i updated it with the latest updates, the patch and the hd movies and music, also i notice something strange after i re installed it, the swkotor2 configure thing only has this thing in it

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Disable Sound=0

[Graphics Options]

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=0

[Game Options]

TooltipDelay Sec=

i haven't started a game, could it be this the problem?

i disabled what you said and still it say access is denied,

There's more to it than that. Right click on your ini file and click properties. Click the security tab at the top. Then click on users and press edit. Check full control and press ok.

Yeah, it adds stuff when first started.

You use Kotor1's binkw32.dll?

no, i dont even know what that is, is it necessary?

There's more to it than that. Right click on your ini file and click properties. Click the security tab at the top. Then click on users and press edit. Check full control and press ok.

ok, ill do that, but do i have to have the user account control disabled?

ok, ill do that, but do i have to have the user account control disabled?

Heh, I'd say that if you don't aim to loose infurious amount of time confirming that you really do want to do what you just "told" the computer to do, yeah, you have to.