Sign in to follow this  
Honeywell

Absolutely Bizarre Loot Behavior In My Modded KOTOR 1 (Resolved)

I have encountered a very strange issue with my KOTOR 1 client. Certain enemies have stopped dropping their usual equipment and have instead begun dropping rather random things, or the actual equipment their model is visually displaying. My first hint that something was wrong was when Brejik did not drop anything aside from Bastila's Lightsaber and the Vibrosword he pulled out to fight me. From my previous couple playthroughs, I know he is supposed to drop his gloves, belt, and shield, and I never remember his body having a Vibrosword on it. 

The other example which I have just encountered is by far the strangest of the two cases. Upon killing the Governor in the Taris Sith Base, he did not drop any of his usual items (Strength Gauntlets, Adrenaline Amplifier). What he did drop however, is a Sith War Sword (the actual item he was using to fight me), and the "Governor's Robe". I know for a fact that the "Governor's Robe" are not an acquirable item in KOTOR 1. I think that these robes were the armor that the Governor was merely coded to wear, and for some reason, I now have them. Here is a screenshot of the robes. I have never seen these, not even on item ID lists for command editing items into the game.

WHATISTHIS.png

So, obviously this is some sort of mod conflict on my behalf. Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions as to exactly what might be causing it?

Here is a full list of my mods:

Kotor 1 Restoration 1.0

NpcOverhaulK1

Kotor Weapon Model Overhaul

Weapon Model Overhaul Texture Rework

Quanons Lightsaber Pack

Ultimate Sound Kotor1

Quanons Taris Reskin

HQ Skyboxes

Revan Long Hair Template

Vurt's Ebonhawk Retexture

Kotor Ultimate (just map textures)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe one of the features of the NPC Overhaul is to modify the loot drops of the NPCs so that they are more interesting all around.

• Like 1

Seconding what Tails said. The loot is a result of the Overhaul mod. I've had the same remains from the Dark Jedi on Taris.

The Governor's robe is absolute trash. It's just a regular Jedi robe with a bunch of restrictions. Just sell the thing.

Seconding what Tails said. The loot is a result of the Overhaul mod. I've had the same remains from the Dark Jedi on Taris.

The Governor's robe is absolute trash. It's just a regular Jedi robe with a bunch of restrictions. Just sell the thing.

Yeah it appears that it was NPC overhaul. After painstakingly removing every file of NPC overhaul, I found that my loot had returned to normal.

I just didn't think that any human would have chosen to include the Governor's Robe on a loot table intended for a player to access. The Robe is just too damn terrible. I thought that the Governor was equipped with it by someone from the original dev team as a way of nerfing the encounter.

Yeah it appears that it was NPC overhaul. After painstakingly removing every file of NPC overhaul, I found that my loot had returned to normal.

I just didn't think that any human would have chosen to include the Governor's Robe on a loot table intended for a player to access. The Robe is just too damn terrible. I thought that the Governor was equipped with it by someone from the original dev team as a way of nerfing the encounter.

I changed the stats on the robe from negative to positive using Kotor Tool to make it a decent reward for killing the Governor. 

Since you already have your problem solved, let me give you a bit of compatibility advice: you are going to want to uninstall Quanon's Lightsaber pack. I found out the hard way that it conflicts with K1R and causes a game breaking bug on Kashyyyk. The NPC Overhaul also conflicts with K1R, but I guess you got that taken care of.

Since you already have your problem solved, let me give you a bit of compatibility advice: you are going to want to uninstall Quanon's Lightsaber pack. I found out the hard way that it conflicts with K1R and causes a game breaking bug on Kashyyyk. The NPC Overhaul also conflicts with K1R, but I guess you got that taken care of.

Yeah, I think that I noticed that the map changes that K1R implements were completely missing when I played with NPC overhaul installed at the same time. After I uninstalled it, I went back to play an earlier save, and I noticed that the Black Vulker base had a bunch of extra content in it, like a whole floor of content. Thanks for giving me the heads up on the issue with Quanon's Saber pack. I think I remember hearing about the conflict on Kashyyk between the two mods, I just wasn't aware that it led to a game breaking bug. I was just going to play it out and see what happened when I got to the NPC on Kashyyk, once again, thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 1