gangster1337

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.7

@ Mandalore; when entering the Merchant Quarters? If so, put the graphic options lowest, and hope for the best. You can put them back up after it loaded, the other transportations to the Merchant Quarters aren't nearly as crashprone (though they still can, so play save and save each time before trying to load it)...

Not just then, but also when I finish a swoop race, when I tried to enter the Western Square, when it was loading the meeting with Dhagon Gent, there may be others but I can't remember.

What do you mean by virtual machine? I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit on a Intel Core I7 860 pc.

What I mean is that with Home Premium, there are no such thing as run in compatibility mod. This feature, even though it looks available, isn't.

SWKotor2 installed just fine, but when I try to run tslrcm1.7 it says that it is not compatible with the version of Windows I am running. So my real question: is tslrcm1.7 compatible with pc's with windows 7 64 bit operating systems? If yes then I must have another problem.

First thing first. Even though swkotor2 "installed" fine, it doesn't mean you'll be able to run-it. Try-it before installing TSL RCM 1.7 and you'll see not being able to run-it has nothing to do with TSL RCM. As I said, you should try to disable movies!!!!

Here's how: -go into your Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II folder

-Run "swconfig.exe"

-Check "Disable Movies"

-Click apply

-Click close

-Run the game (with or without TSL RCM......)

Guest phenex

@ Hassat Hunter; KSE, is that a save editor, sry ive never used one b4. Still a little green with all the modding tools n such.

where can i find one and what is the latest version if u dont mind me asking?

You can find a save game editor on kototfiles. Search for kotorfiles on google. KSE is one such and its latest version is 3.3.3

Guest trunks
I have sometimes had input control problems with the movement keys, after combat, sometimes they have no effect whatsoever, should it happen and I save and reload, presto, it works again... It has happened on the Exile, T3-M4, possibly others, I seriously wonder why. When this happens however nothing but the movement keys are affected. And Saving and Reloading, always removes the Issue. My Current MODs are TSLRCM v1.7 and the TSLRCM V1.7 Fix, and High LVL Force MOD v2.0 and v2.1 High LVL Force MOD Fix... My Computer Specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5800+, 2GBytes of system RAM,

GeForce 8500GS 512 MB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Gamer Sound Card, Direct X 9.0c SDK June 2010. Thanks for listening, Good Luck.

This isn't exclusive to 1.7 FYI. I've just downloaded 1.6 (didn't know there was a 1.7, this is my first experience with TSLRCM) and have this issue as well. I never used to have it with vanilla though I've also never installed it on this machine before. I'm experiencing the issue every single time I finish a combat sequence. I suspect there is some conflict that is causing the game to assume the player is still in combat and that combat movement is disabled regardless of your settings, because if I target something (i.e., a door) and click I am still able to move. This is the only mod I have installed so it's either something to do with it, or nothing to do with it. :P

Edit: It's a known issue with the basic game, apparently. Enabling V-Sync seems to have fixed it for me. Another suggestions was to add "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1" under Graphics Options in your swkotor2.ini file. In any case, not the mod. :)

Edited by trunks

Guest mnownby
I have the same problem as you.....just hit al+tab once and the black screen is no more...untill the next cut scene and yes it's still there =). Restored content AKA MORE content ! whoooop

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've tried to hit alt+tab when black screen appears with only the green arrow, but my systems does nothing. I'm using windows xp sp3 with the patch 1.0b install, TSLRCM 1.7 and USM update. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I've tried to hit alt+tab when black screen appears with only the green arrow, but my systems does nothing. I'm using windows xp sp3 with the patch 1.0b install, TSLRCM 1.7 and USM update. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I don't know but i have to tell you that i have windows 7 x86 ultimate edition, me and another dude had the same problem.....but he also got it fixed on windows 7, not xp

It's kind of a known issue with the USM (compatibility patch), though be damned if any idea how to resolve it properly :?. Malachor cutscene's are weird like that. But the method that's going to be used for the next version of TSLRCM might just hold the solution, hopefully...

Uh? The next TSL RCM version? As in 1.8? You guys are"hamsters on adrenaline", aren't you? :)

Uh? The next TSL RCM version? As in 1.8? You guys are"hamsters on adrenaline", aren't you? :)

well.....aren't you ? =)

Installed the 4cd version of the game, patch 1.01b, green fix and only 1.7 and 1.7+fix. Playing on Win xpsp3.

Since this is my first time playing the game, the only "major" thing I've noticed so far is there are some T3-M4 dialog missing in the beginning when you try to get to ebon hawk on the meteor research station and when you see him later on the north pole of the second planet. What happens is you skip to the next cut scene of dialog, but you don't see t3 talking.

You probably know this issue but anyways... ;)

-------------------

edit: there is also this fix I found http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/T3M4_Dialog_Skipping_Fix;105819 but not sure if its compatible. Has anyone tried it by chance.

Edited by stage

Hi

I think I know what caused this, because I encountered this problem a bit later. When you first enter the Academy and surrender your weapons as first answer you are going into a broken script and a woophole of sort.

"Clicking on Aron gives 2 options both labeled as [Cheat node]. #1 is to jump to the Atris CP confrontation and I can do this as often as I want. #2 is to continue with Kreias' speech, and it doesn't seem to do anything. Clicking on Kreia does nothing.

All the handmaidens are in the positions they are normally after the talk with Atris and normal dialog options are available. Sparing is ok with the handmaidens, but Ba0-Dur is unconscious in a cell, and since they are released normal by a conversation there is no switch to release him.

T3-M4 is in his containment cell and can be conversed with the normal option you would get if you click on him in a normal location (Upgrade, program spike, repair, etc.) but there is no way to release him.

Attempting to board their ship gives the message that you cannot pilot the ship without your companions."

So the solution I found after some googling is that you MUST choose option 1 and then surrender your weapons. Good that It had Autosave from outside before the battle with the three HK-50's.

Now my question is. Is there fix included in 1.7? Did I install it right? Like I said above, the steps I did. Do I need to install any other version before 1.7?

So if there is fix for that already then I must messed up with the install... ;)

But so far I got over this point and everything else seems to be doing ok.

Just one problem - right after leaving the academy and flying on the ship before choosing your first planet, you find Atton and T3 playing Pazzak in the main center room, and you talk to them and when I choose to play some Pazzak with Atton right from that scene my Armor (jedi robe) went missing after that, nowhere to be found(in the inventory). So I put new armor instead. Not really a major issue.

Thanks in advance

Edited by stage
typos

I've come across a bug when Handmaiden is fighting her Sisters. I stunned 2 of them, was fighting all the rest, none dead, when Atris came in and the fight with her started even though all the not-stunned Handmaiden Sisters were still standing there, not doing anything. I spoke to them, and it came up with the conversation you get when you're in the Polar Academy for the first time.

I found a small bug that I'd like to report.

It occurs aboard the Ebon Hawk, when sparring with the Handmaiden. When she gets rid of the clothing she's wearing while you talk, the clothing does not return to the inventory, instead, it just disappears. I have not checked to see if more valuable form of armour disappear the same way, but I will if requested.

I am using the 4-disk version of TSL with RCM 1.7 and 1.7 Fix, along with the Enhanced Merchants Mod.

OK, sorry to keep putting more into this thread, but I've found another one:

Visas does her He awaits you at Telos speech when you speak to her on the Ravager, which doesn't make much sense seeing as you're at Telos already.

Edited by Mandalore
Typo

I am on Malachor. I have just finished the conversation with Karth on Telos. First a Question..Has the Trayus Academy been removed...this is the first time I've played any TSLRCM (this is v. 1.7). After the cut scene where the Ebon Hawk crashes on Malachor.....screen goes black. I go ahead and save that game. Then i goto the load game list and am immediately at the Trayus

Core. I then speak to Kreia and she says to goto Dantoine...but I can't leave. I have replayed from the Carth conversation on Telos

several times with different responses but no change at Malachor. I am going to try to go back to the point before facing Nhilus on the Ravager to see if there is something that changes.

Has anyone else had a similar problem on Malachor?

Currently experiencing the same issue's you have. Did you found a sollution for this yett?

Currently experiencing the same issue's you have. Did you found a sollution for this yett?

I think that happens because at that point you're supposed to see a cutscene take place in the core. Try lowering all the graphic settings temporarily until after you've successfully landed on Malachor.

Hey guys i'm new here.....

Only mod is rcm 1.7, darkside female.

during sith attack on telos i fight to where you meet mandalore and vaisis in the entertaiment module, then cut scene plays where republic warp to engage the sith ships and after cut scene i'm stuck with a black screen in the entertainment module. i can still acsess inventory but little else... any help wpuld be appreciated,

i am having the same problem, and the link provided no longer works, help me pls? thanks!

Guest dave

Epic! Can't wait for the fixes

Guest coDyDaTallGuy

Ok I have a really terrible glitch right here..... There's a glitch on Nar Shaddaa with the red eclipse, when I beat them off my ship the first time it was normal but then when I was going toward the refuge sector it showed me the cut scene again with the red eclipse so I went back beat everyone out side the ship but when I go inside there is nobody there but the cargo hold is locked down and so is the cargo bay next to the cockpit, so I figured it might not be such a big deal so I went and beat visquiss and got through voggas droid place with T3 but then when I go to the ebon hawk and try to go to G0-T0's yacht the cargo hold and the other room is still locked down and I can't even access the navicomputer to even take off.... So can someone please tell me how to fix this......... Or should I download the 1.7 patch on this site, but the thing is if I download that will I have to start a completely new game.... Can someone please help this is really really aggravating

Ok I have a really terrible glitch right here..... There's a glitch on Nar Shaddaa with the red eclipse, when I beat them off my ship the first time it was normal but then when I was going toward the refuge sector it showed me the cut scene again with the red eclipse so I went back beat everyone out side the ship but when I go inside there is nobody there but the cargo hold is locked down and so is the cargo bay next to the cockpit, so I figured it might not be such a big deal so I went and beat visquiss and got through voggas droid place with T3 but then when I go to the ebon hawk and try to go to G0-T0's yacht the cargo hold and the other room is still locked down and I can't even access the navicomputer to even take off.... So can someone please tell me how to fix this......... Or should I download the 1.7 patch on this site, but the thing is if I download that will I have to start a completely new game.... Can someone please help this is really really aggravating

You're using 1.6. You'll need this file: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSLRCMv16_Nar_Shaddaa_Fix;115443

Hey there, I installed TSLRCM today but for some reason the game won't start up properly; gets as far as the end of the 1st cut scene showing the damaged Ebon Hawk and then the game crashes. I haven't installed anything from TSLRCM previously, and the game itself was newly installed on this computer today. Was wondering if this had happened to anyone else and if there's anything I can do about it. Pretty sure my operating system can run KOTOR2, although I am using Windows 7 which I've heard can create issues?

I think that happens because at that point you're supposed to see a cutscene take place in the core. Try lowering all the graphic settings temporarily until after you've successfully landed on Malachor.

thx hank....

tried what you said and to no avail...i have always seen the cutscene where Kreia enters the Core and Sion is there...then Cut to the Ebon Hawk Crash...then Kreia says "because now i know....there is much to be done..."...then black screen save reload and i'm in the Trayus Core w/ no way to leave...Sion is being choked and Kreia tells me goto Dantooine....OH I"M SO FRUSTRATED!!!!...this is the 6th time i've played completly to this point and get the same result...Clean intsalls each time...I think i'M gonna try without the 1.7 fix and without the USM....WHAT A DRAG!!!! I've enjoyed everything this has to offer....and still can't enjoy an ending...WTF?

not as of yet dgchawaya