Commander_Smith

Help Moving Models

Hello.

I've been modding TSL for a year or so now, but mostly just making new items and such. I never did anything with models, especially wtih models from KOTOR. So essentially, I love the KOTOR scout's regular attire. You know, when you equip clothing, or when you make your character. I want to use that texture and model on a set of light armor in TSL. I followed this tuorial to the point where you did the replace button thingie. I threw these things in a folder, threw the folder into override, and started the game. I hit new... and the sentinel's clothing model or texture didn't change.

What I Put in Override:

- pmbbm.mdl

- pmbbm.mdx

- pmbbm01.tga

- pmbbm-ascii.mdl

I thought it would replace the sentinal's default clothing, but it didnt do that. How can I make this work? I thought it was pmbbm in TSL just like it is in KOTOR.

Thanks,

Smith

The models and textures are still in TSL. You don't need to do any of that (and you'll likely get a tongue lashing discussing porting content between the games). You'll need to do an appearance.2da edit, as for TSL it points to the commoner clothes instead of those class models used in K1.

Thanks for the reply!

You'll need to do an appearance.2da edit, as for TSL it points to the commoner clothes instead of those class models used in K1.

I assume this is for making the default clothing appear as the other skin and model. What I eventually want to do is have an armor item have the model and skin. However, I cannot find a tutorial on how to do that. I can change name and properties just fine, but I don't know how to choose a texture or a model for the item. Can you help?

The way that K1/TSL work is pretty limiting in that all variants of a specific class of armour/robe share a single model. If you change the model then all variants will have to use that model, not just the one specific item you want to use.

Yes, unused, but still there. As I said, the commoner clothing model (N_CommM/N_CommF) is used instead in the "modelb" column in TSL's appearance.2da. I seem to recall there was already a mod that restored it instead of the commoner clothing.

The model has to be specified in one of the model columns of appearance.2da, replacing the existing model, as I said before. I would suggest replacing modelb is the only practical option, as that will have the least detrimental effect on anything else (only generic clothing items use that model type). You'll need to look up tutorials about 2DA editing and it would also be advisable to learn how to use TSLPatcher for compatibility, given that appearance.2da is modified by a gazillion other mods. This is probably a good place to start - http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596