Sign in to follow this  
earnur

Transparency problem

Hi guys

I recently bought an installed the steam version of TSL.

I also installed a bunch of mods which should all be TSLRCM compatible.

The problem is that the HK droid on Peragus is transparent. All the other droids on Peragus are shiny but not transparent!

I have a mod that changes the skins of HK50 and HK51.

According to the changes.ini of the tslpatchdata this mod puts two tga and txi files in the override folder. It also alters row 538 & 539 of the apperance.2da so the envmap is CM_Baremetal(538) and mycube(539). I checked all these changes and there are all there. All 4 files in override and apperance.2da correctly (to my knowledge) changed.

I searched for this problem online and found out, that old or mobile graphic cards would display shine as transparency. There is also a workaround for this. I don't think this is my problem as other droids shine and only the HK droid doesn't. Also I have an AMD R290 in my system with all the lates drivers installed. It seems like if I follow this workaround the HK unit would loose its shininess so I would rather not like to use it.

Do you guys maybe have an idea what else could cause this problem?

post-17250-0-01554300-1440278824_thumb.png

Issue as old as the game itself. Obsidian removed 90% of the shaders from the npcs and environments, so you'll have to manually point the appearance.2da to use a specific shader for these droids. Sometimes a .txi file does the trick, but most times you have to edit the 2da file. Just paste the CM_Baremetal line into the Envmap column and the shader should properly appear on them.

• Like 1

Hi Kainzorus thanks for the reply.

Thats exactly what I already checked. The .txi files are there for HK50 and HK51.

Also the lines in the appearance.2da are changed. HK50 uses CM_Baremetal and HK51 uses mycube.

I also tried to manually change them both to CM_Barematel, mycube or default.Nothing worked.

Is the HK unit on Peragus maybe neither HK50 nor HK51? Maybe I changed the wrong line in the appearance.2da

post-17250-0-12108600-1440283649_thumb.png

Is the HK unit on Peragus maybe neither HK50 nor HK51?

No, it's an HK-50 on Peragus.

If you are using KOTOR Tool to edit the 2DA, are you actually editing the appearance.2da in the Override folder? If this is Steam and you installed TSLRCM from the Workshop, then you need to look in the mod's Workshop folder - \steamapps\workshop\content\208580\485537937\ - rather than the game's own folder.

No, it's an HK-50 on Peragus.

If you are using KOTOR Tool to edit the 2DA, are you actually editing the appearance.2da in the Override folder? If this is Steam and you installed TSLRCM from the Workshop, then you need to look in the mod's Workshop folder - \steamapps\workshop\content\208580\485537937\ - rather than the game's own folder.

Yes I checked the .2da file in the override folder.

I didn't install the workshop version of TSLRCM. I used the normal download here on deadlystream, so everything should be inside the override folder.

Hi Kainzorus thanks for the reply.

Thats exactly what I already checked. The .txi files are there for HK50 and HK51.

Also the lines in the appearance.2da are changed. HK50 uses CM_Baremetal and HK51 uses mycube.

I also tried to manually change them both to CM_Barematel, mycube or default.Nothing worked.

Is the HK unit on Peragus maybe neither HK50 nor HK51? Maybe I changed the wrong line in the appearance.2da

I know this is an old thread but I just found it because I had the exact same problem with the HKs (and some other body models I am working on reskinning) and was able to figure out the problem.

At least for me, the 2DA edit solved the problem ... but only if you use all caps in the envmap column. So "CM_Baremetal" as in the posted screenshot does NOT work, but "CM_BAREMETAL" does. Hopefully this will save someone some debugging down the line.

I also tried for awhile to set envmap to different values to get it to accept the TXI file info, but no dice.

FWIW I am running the game (and Kotor tool) via wineskin on a Mac and don't have a Windows box to test on.

FWIW I am running the game (and Kotor tool) via wineskin on a Mac and don't have a Windows box to test on.

Well i think maybe if Linux games mods work better when everything is upper or lower case, that maybe for Mac it is similar. That is why sometimes when i type in lower case, i get carried away and just dont use the shift key, because i am so used to typing in lower/upper case for mods.

But i found this does make a difference, in any Nix based operating system. So when i install a game, i usually change the case of all the override files to lower case so they can be overwritten easier, and then linux knows what to do easier.

But editing the 2da usually requires it to be uppercase from what i can tell in my limited experience for Kotor on a Nix system.

Since windows is case agnostic, it doesnt matter how it is edited, it will probably still work, which is probably why the original modders did not have an issue, and why there is a discrepency between any Nix installations bugs and windows bugs that are case related. However i do not know if this will help the OP since they never specified whether or not their OS was windows or Unix.