JackTheElf

Can't download anything!

Hello people, every time I attempt to download a mod all that appears on my downloads is a notepad folder. After the notepad folder is installed all I can do is open it and it is filled with what I assume is the mod, I cannot do anything with it. I receive no installer, I am not sure if this is meant to happen or if I've done something wrong. Any help is appreciated

Maybe what you're referring to are .rar archives and you open those with Notepad for some reason? But actually I have no idea what you mean.

Usually you'd download a zip or rar archive, open it with 7zip or winrar and extract its contents. Then you follow the instructions given in the read-me.

You need to use an archive program since that is a zipped file.

How to install winrar- 

I click on "download" to get a mod and all that is placed into my downloads is "K12.7z" but it's a notepad

Download 7zip (that's what the *.7z file extension indicates). It'll unzip just about everything I've come across so far. Decent built in error checking too

DOWNLOAD 7zip Free!