VikTsu

[Request/Help] Upgradable Jackets

Hello! New here. Signed up to download mods, like a lot of people I'm sure. Interestingly, something I couldn't find was a mod to make Atton and Mira's jackets upgradable. Quick Google search didn't reveal anything either.

So I did the sensible thing and downloaded KotOR Tools to try and make the changes myself. After several attempts and Google searches that lead me to LucasForums (Which has so far never loaded for me, and is thus no help.), I decided that I have no idea what I'm doing and should probably ask for some help.

So here I am! How would one go about making Atton and/or Mira's starting jackets upgradable? I've figured out the basics, at least, but I can't figure out what is keeping them from being upgradable and what to change. Thanks in advance for any advice/help/etc!

P.S. If this post is a bit all over the place or I managed to miss something important, it's probably because it's currently 10:30AM and I haven't slept yet. My apologies.

All you need to do for that is:

In KotOR Tool, go to BIFs >> Templates >> Blueprint, Item >> scroll down to "a_light_x02.uti" and "a_light_x09".

Double click on them and find upgrade level (bottom left) in the general (first) tab.

Raise the number there to 1, 2 or 3 depending on what level of underlay/overlay you want to be able to put in them.

1 is robes and light armor I think, 2 is medium armor level and 3 is heavy armor level.

then just save them into your override folder and you're done.

That didn't seem to work. Tried setting it to both 1 and 2, but nothing. There's no change on the ones I already have in my inventory (Makes sense), but there's no change to new ones either. Only way I can even tell they're different is I changed the description too, and that actually did reflect my changes.

Is it something that requires me to start a new game, by any chance? I wouldn't think that to be the case, but...

That would depend on how you're testing.

For one, save the files to the Override folder. After that, you need to load a save from before ever seeing the person. So for Atton, a new game would be a yes. For Mira, probably just before you first go to Nar Shaddaa is good.

Ah, I see. Haven't been to Nar Shaddaa yet, but I've added Mira's jacket through console commands and still no ability to upgrade it. Yes, the files are saved in the Override folder. I at least knew that much when I started messing around.

I would start a new game and go from there, but I've never cared for Peragus or Citadel Station, and I've just recently gone through both of them. Suppose I can leave the files in and see if they do anything on my next playthrough, but that's a long ways off.

Oh well. Thanks anyways, I think.