Sign in to follow this  
Istrebitel

Bug: in race i am flying OVER the obstacles, cant hit speed-up patches => cant win

Greetings.

I have US version installed, patch 1.0b, your mod 1.7 and mod fix for 1.7

I started a new game (in fact, new installation) and now i am at Telos in cantina. When i try to race, at first (red light) my racing car is on the normal level, but when i hit LMB to shift gear, i am insantly in the air and i cant descend. Since i cant touch the speeding parts, i cant win the race (beat fastest time)

Guest HaVoKeR

the speed races in kotor 1 were soooooo nice... with or without bugs, the kotor2 version became suky... its a shame you cant use the board, but only the mouse. Maybe remaking the whole races in k2 would make an excelent mod, anyone? heh

First, are you using the cracked/patched/nocd .exe? If so, it may be the cause of this particular bug. If not, whaddayaknow, as Watto would say :D

And as for re modding the races... it would have to be build from scratch, as these races are hard coded... if I am not mistaken that is.

I'm not sure, but I think this has been fixed in the unofficial 1.0c patch.. so you can download that and take the .exe if you want to...

Guest HaVoKeR

hmmm unnoficial 1.0c patch? can i install it over modded content, like RC? nice to know about a new patch... the .exe for this is separated from the patch (have to search for each one to download)?

Checked in some websites now, this "patch" is a compilation of other people mods, (without the modders permission), its probably not compatible with TSLRCM, but i believe you can extract and get only some parts of it, like the racing fix... RCM already has most of its fixes and restored content.

Edited by HaVoKeR

The 1.0c patch isn't compatible with TSLRCM.

As for the exe, it is included in the patch, you will have to install it into and empty folder and copy the .exe into the swkotor2 folder.

Guest HaVoKeR

Corrects swoop race forfeiting issue. Players can now win races after forfeiting a race.

Corrects an issue with the swoop bike getting stuck in air in the swoop race mini-game

Guess where is this? 1.0b OFFICIAL patch... Rex-x-x-x GO GET IT! ^^

http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/kotor2.html

Just remembered now, if you install the patch and puts an 2.0.0.0 version nocd, some problems like this and the gamebreaking dialog option when you enter the academy on telos for the first time (vanilla- or no RCM installed)

stay still... maybe a 2.1.0.0 nocd version would fix that.

Edited by HaVoKeR

Yes, 1.0b fixes it, but then you have to use the CD. If you want to play without the CD and without the swoop staying in the air, use the .exe from the 1.0c unofficial patch.

I'll try to find this exe as my computer can't seems to run images (takes Daemon Tools, doesn't-it? Well it won't work on my computer...). Better this than this damned sound I keep hearing when the cd turns 10 times too fast!

Guest HaVoKeR

whats your email? =) or just download the full ~120mb version and get the exe =p

For the old and dexterity challenged players like me, there exists an ez swoop mod. It widens the pads and makes the solid objects illusions. Basically all you have to do is hit the shifts to win.

It is also a great mod for those of us with DIMS (Doom Induced Motion Sickness). Game sequences that involve fast moving first person views make me want to barf, which makes the game not fun. This mod made the game fun again.

Guest Lounge_Lizard

I found a solution in a forum somewhere, and it works. While you're waiting for the green light, press left and right repeatedly, and you should be fine. Weird, I know, but it worked for me.

whats your email? =) or just download the full ~120mb version and get the exe =p

Hum, you cannot send a .exe to an e-mail. It'll get killed for sure (by filters)! You could zip-it, however! Try and send-it to "phildeviltes @ gmail . com" without the spaces please.

Another solution, just hold jump when the lights are coming on and let go once the race starts. I believe that solves it.

Guest HaVoKeR

Forgot about this topic, sorry about that.. check ur email.. i was thinking, i cant post a link (4shared) to dl that in here right (admin oriented question)?

The mail failed, check your private messages box =p

Edited by HaVoKeR