Kreia

How do you go about overriding area walkmesh files

Hello, I'm having trouble replacing a WOK file, what I do is modify the original with WalkSwitch, put it in the override folder, and I thought that was it. What am I missing?

That depends. What is happening that you think shouldn't?

Hi, thanks for replying. I expected to walk on a previously unwalkable tile, but it's as if the modified wok file is completely ignored. Is the override folder the place I should put a wok file that is meant to replace the original, or perhaps not?

In WalkSwitch, there should be a message near the top that tells you what face you have selected.

Can you send me the .wok file you edited and tell me the number of the face(s) you edited?

The Override folder is indeed the place to put them.

The txt extension is just so I could attach the file.

You're looking at Peragus, precisely where Atton joins the party. The faces I touched are 144 and 145, they used to be flagged as non-walk.

101peras.wok.txt

That's an invisible placeable for the Administration Computer, do invisible placeables have a walkmesh?

Removed all placeables from the module, no difference, it doesn't seem to be the problem. I also tried flagging other tiles as "non-walk", and I can still walk over them as if I hadn't made any changes, that's why I asked if the override folder was the place to put the modified wok file, because it's as if the game doesn't even look for it there, going instead with the original walkmesh.

Hmm... Well, what version(s) of the game do you have installed? (GOG, Mac, Steam, 4CD)

I'm wanting to make sure you don't have two versions installed and are modifying one version while playing the other...

So I take the model file for this specific area and give it a closer look, and I see one particular mesh that has a modifier called Aurora Walkmesh. I take it haven't been able to override the wok file because the walkmesh is embedded in the model?