Sign in to follow this  
TheMegaBeast

Crash right before Twi'lek Droid Master Encounter(Telos Surface)

KotOR 2 crashes everytime before that Twi'lek Droid master fight. There is that minefield and then you pass it and loads you into another module (The Czerka Escavation Site). There, we have a Twi'Lek Droid Master and two more Droids, along with some more mines. Just after the first sentry drone encounter on this same module. (To be honest, I think it's caused by the Twi'Lek that won't spawn... I can't see her close to the droids before the crash)

1) When did the problem begin to occur?
Before the Twi'lek Fight, right before approaching them or getting the Dialogue between the Twi'lek and the Exile to trigger.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

4 CD

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region? (Updates are included in the Steam version. Skip this question if you are using that.)

Yup

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

Fresh Install

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

Yup

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

Nope

8) What other mods have you installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

See above.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

No...

11) Have you tried using a different save game?

Yes.

12) Have you tried starting a new game?

No.

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 8.1 x64

My bet would be NPC Overhaul (might be combined with another mod)... first link is this thread BTW.
You can try (using a save before entering the module) taking the .mod (IIRC 232TEL) out and see if she spawns then.

• Like 1

Didn't work...

And it's 233TEL :D , but to be on the safe side, I've put it out then tested it, and then put the 232TEL out too and nothing either...

Right, 232 is inside... which doesn't make a lot of sense since it comes after 233.

Well, then it's (very) likely something in the override. First try would be taken appearance.2da out.

• Like 1

Well, It worked! I took out the appearance.2da and the 233TEL.mod and loaded up an Auto-Save. The Twi'lek is now spawning correctly.

Thank you very much! :D

Well, It worked! I took out the appearance.2da and the 233TEL.mod and loaded up an Auto-Save. The Twi'lek is now spawning correctly.

Thank you very much! :D

I had this issue a while ago, you can still install the mod, all you need to do is open up the utc file for the droidmaster, and then select her inventory. Go to her armor and type in a random armor code so she can wear it. After that, install the mod file for that module and it will work perfectly.

• Like 1

I had this issue a while ago, you can still install the mod, all you need to do is open up the utc file for the droidmaster, and then select her inventory. Go to her armor and type in a random armor code so she can wear it. After that, install the mod file for that module and it will work perfectly.

i know this is an old thread but I encountered the same problem and was wondering if you would walk me through changing that file? what's it called in kotor tool etc.