PheonixKing3000

How come the mod installation app won't run?

I just downloaded the 90SK super content mod and whenever I try to run the installation app two windows pop up.  The first one states: WARNING!  Cannot locate the INI file "changes.ini" with work instructions! Then it gives me the option to click OK.  After I click OK the second window pops up saying: Unable to load instructions text!  Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application.  Then it gives me the option to click OK.  I click that then another window called Game Data Patcher kotOR/TSL for comes up but its blank and only gives you the option to exit.  The other option says start patching but it is grayed out.  So I click exit and it asks me if I wish to confirm and I click yes and then I get nothing.  It's been like this for every mod I've downloaded that has an installation app that comes with it.  How do I get the installation app to run?  I'm currently using a HP windows 8.1 laptop if that helps.  I wish I could upload the file to show you guys but this site says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file.  Nothing can ever be simple in this world...

I just downloaded the 90SK super content mod and whenever I try to run the installation app two windows pop up.  The first one states: WARNING!  Cannot locate the INI file "changes.ini" with work instructions! Then it gives me the option to click OK.  After I click OK the second window pops up saying: Unable to load instructions text!  Make sure the "tslpatchdata" folder containing the "info.rtf" file is located in the same folder as this application.  Then it gives me the option to click OK.  I click that then another window called Game Data Patcher kotOR/TSL for comes up but its blank and only gives you the option to exit.  The other option says start patching but it is grayed out.  So I click exit and it asks me if I wish to confirm and I click yes and then I get nothing.  It's been like this for every mod I've downloaded that has an installation app that comes with it.  How do I get the installation app to run?  I'm currently using a HP windows 8.1 laptop if that helps.  I wish I could upload the file to show you guys but this site says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file.  Nothing can ever be simple in this world...

To be sure, you're extracting the mod from the archive it's in before running the Patcher, right? and the folder is called "tslpatchdata" right?

To be sure, you're extracting the mod from the archive it's in before running the Patcher, right? and the folder is called "tslpatchdata" right?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  But no, I don't extract anything, I just click the mod installation program.  The "tslpatchdata" folder is on top of the install.exe. and the readme file.  Isn't the installation app suppose to automatically extract the mods into the correct file?  That's how it worked on my old computer.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean.  But no, I don't extract anything, I just click the mod installation program.  The "tslpatchdata" folder is on top of the install.exe. and the readme file.  Isn't the installation app suppose to automatically extract the mods into the correct file?  That's how it worked on my old computer.

I still don't know why people do this or why it even works in the first place, but in practice it's best to extract the thing you're trying to install.

I still don't know why people do this or why it even works in the first place, but in practice it's best to extract the thing you're trying to install.

I guess I will give it a shot.  So do I extract everything from the tslpatchdata folder including the changes.ini and info.rtf into override and then run the installation program?

I guess I will give it a shot.  So do I extract everything from the tslpatchdata folder including the changes.ini and info.rtf into override and then run the installation program?

No.

Say I download the K1R mod. It would download as a 7z file that I would extract into a folder called "K1R". Inside this folder will be the Patcher program and the tslpatchdata folder. I would then run the Patcher and direct it to the SWKotOR folder.

Also, do not run the patcher from inside the Override. I wouldn't run it in the main folder either.

No.

Say I download the K1R mod. It would download as a 7z file that I would extract into a folder called "K1R". Inside this folder will be the Patcher program and the tslpatchdata folder. I would then run the Patcher and direct it to the SWKotOR folder.

Also, do not run the patcher from inside the Override. I wouldn't run it in the main folder either.

Ok, I think I understand what you are telling me better now.  When I downloaded the 90SK file it came in as a 7z file, it is called 90sksuper.7z in my downloads.  When I right click it a window pops up that gives me a list of options.  On the very top of the list is 7-zip with an arrow to the right that leads to more options.  In it I see three extract options, extract files..., extract file here, and extract to "90sksuper\"

I'm guessing I'm suppose to choose the last option for extract?  After that I run it, but I use the steam version of this game so I don't think I have a SWKotOR folder to direct it to.

The SWKotOR one was an example. Basically, direct it to where KotOR is installed.

Also, you will indeed be using the last extract option.

OMG the installation app is actually performing!!!  Except I'm not sure where Kotor 2 is installed since I used the steam version.  Since I can't put it in the main folder nor the override folder I'm not sure where to direct it to.

If you know where your Steam is installed, go there and then go into the "steamapps" and then "common"

Okay I found it, so I just direct it to common and that's that right?

No, you were asking where KotOR 2 would be installed... The KotOR 2 folder (most likely "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords" or something close) would be in the "common" folder. You'd select the KotOR 2 folder and then continue with the installation.

• Like 1

No, you were asking where KotOR 2 would be installed... The KotOR 2 folder (most likely "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords" or something close) would be in the "common" folder. You'd select the KotOR 2 folder and then continue with the installation.

My man YOU ARE THE REAL MVP!!!  Stuff worked like a charm, I put in the mod then tested it out in the game and it works beautifully!! Man thank you so much for your help bro, I have been stressing about installing these damn mods for several hours and I finally found a solution thanks to you!  Now I can finish installing the mods I had previously installed on my other computer and can now replay Kotor 2 to my hearts content!  Did I mention thank you?  THANKS AGAIN!!!