Sign in to follow this  
Rece

K1 Lightsaber Addon help.

Hey there modders (mostly to whoever worked on a lightsaber crystal mod before) So, I'm trying to add new power crystals into the game, but I've run into problems with a few of them.

Whenever I put the crystals into the lightsaber and then exit out of the screen. The crystals are then defaulted to some vanilla game crystals.

Here's an example of two:

vR5iKwX.png

I'm unsure as to why they do this. And it's with about 15 out of the 20 crystals. The lightsabers will keep their stats, but they lose the crystals to some default crystal. I'm unsure as to the reason of this, but if anyone has any recommendations, say them here. I've tried replacing the color crystals too, but the error seems to keep happening with every saber. I've tried cheating in a new saber, and it sitll happens. Any ideas? If you need a picture of the upgrade.2da file, or the properties of one of the lightsabers, I'll add in a pic.

Update: So, I found out another interesting thing. When I only put of the crystals in, and then exit out. All of a sudden the other crystal slot is filled with a random crystal. So in that picture, what seems to be happening the Stygma crystal is spawning the Rubat crystal in the other slot, and the Gemstone crystal seems to be spawning the Damind into the other slot.

Update 2: I found out that 13 of 20 crystals are doing this. I have UTI's from the number 70-89. 78-89 are doing this.

Encountered the same problems when I fiddled with custom crystals. No clue how to fix it.

So, after talking with a few modders, FS found out the problem.

The upgrade.2da seems to wrap back around to Row 0 after it gets to Row 32. It seems to be hard coded into the game too, so it won't be fixable.

Edit: I've figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's tough to explain, but here it is:

So, the Rows go up to Row 31 (actually 32, but it's just titled 31 because there is a Row 0) Anyways, after that, I made 13 space filler rows by just filling out random info. I chose 13 because that's the amount of default crystals (Rows 0-12) And I filled in the last column as 1, so that it wouldn't interfere. After that, I counted the amount of upgrades for the armor, knowing that the armor upgrades can't be applied to a lightsaber, since their upgradetype isn't 0. I made 9 rows of my custom crystals, the make 16 more rows of filler rows because there are three default crystals after the armor upgrades. After that, I filled in 4 more rows of my crystals (which made all 20 on the list) :D

Hmm, has anyone ever had trouble renaming a vanilla item in the game? Since I'm replacing 4 vanilla crystals, the name has to change. But something is being weird. The stats, description, and icon all change for the 4 vanilla crystals, except for the name. I've edited the name of all 4, but it still won't change. I looked at the crystals in KGFF, and they show that they're changed too, just like in Kotor Tool. But when in-game, they default the name back to the vanilla names. Any ideas?