Sign in to follow this  
Ninko

Wanting to start modding, seeking help and advice.

Hi, I am wanting to start modding, I am in need of great help with learning what programs to use and what to do. I have come across one problem, I downloaded Kotor Tool and it doesn't let me open the KotOR 2 thing. The path is correct, but if I try to auto detect the path, it will come up with an error saying "KotOR II not detected in registry. You may still enter paths manually."

Both of my KotOR games are on steam.

So if anyone could help, it would be great! Thanks! :)

• Like 1

Link to do with getting KotorTool to work with Steam 

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=210702

There's a second link on how to get the registry edited with a simpler format as well.

http://lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2047700&postcount=2

Hope this helps. :D

Thank you malkior, that fixed the problem, is there anywhere I can find a guide on how to use KotOR tool to change stats, and what ever else there is? Oh and where to find the files that you can change these things on??

• Like 1

Thank you malkior, that fixed the problem, is there anywhere I can find a guide on how to use KotOR tool to change stats, and what ever else there is? Oh and where to find the files that you can change these things on??

Check out my tutorials in the Tutorials section. I cover a lot there. Some of the stuff is intended for the Mac, but it all applies to PC as well.

• Like 1

Check out my tutorials in the Tutorials section. I cover a lot there. Some of the stuff is intended for the Mac, but it all applies to PC as well.

Thanks! Checking them out now!!

• Like 1

Don't forget the Tutotrial sections over at LucasForums as well. They are broken down into the following categories: General Tutorials + Tools, Skinning and Modeling, .2da Editing, and Scripting.

• Like 1

Don't forget the Tutotrial sections over at LucasForums as well. They are broken down into the following categories: General Tutorials + Tools, Skinning and Modeling, .2da Editing, and Scripting.

I will make sure to check these out as well! Thank you :)

• Like 1