Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Towards a perfect K2 - 011 - Med droid in the medical bay of the Harbinger

152HAR_dlgdroid_md.dlg

StrRef 126107 : [Repair] Reactivate the droid. (3 Part(s) )

1. Only 1 part will be used ("3 part(s) is written in the textual data (in dialog.txt) in English, in French (and, probably in all languages)). Either 3 must be replaced by the <name_of_a_variable>, or the text must be corrected to 1.
  2. The repair skill is not used although it is indicated in the text. I think that, as for the variable seen before, there was an initial intention of Obsidian which was not finished and should be finished. It's a pity of being not using skills.
  3. what the conditional k_con_com42, in the next line, stand for ? Number of parts > 0?

And, as I was searching for 126107, I found :

StrRef 89570 : same sentence : [Repair] Reactivate the droid. (3 Part(s) )

Looking where it's used, I found a dialog about a torture droid 351NAR_dlgdroid_md.dlg

Is it something which I had missed thru the years or something new and restored?

Ok, I fix it in the French version.

What about the use of the repair skill ? No condition is used actualy Is the reference to the competence of repair also removed in the text or, on the contrary, we will add, later, a condition in front of this line?.

Not sure why you think Repair's not used, since it is...

Why?

Because my reflexes say to me that, to check if the condition is true or false, regard to the repair skill of the character currently controlled, it seems to me that one uses

c_sc_rep_gt (p1)

c_sc_rep_eq (p1)

c_sc_rep_lt (p1)

I do not see this conditional test at this place and I question myself.

Would you take a little time for me to explain it or indicate to me a documentation on those callable functions since the dialogs runtime.

And why there would be (and there are) other conditional tests on the same repair skill which are supposed to make only the same thing: answer by true or false?

Edited by ttlan

I answer my own question:

Since there is a variable, now, instead of a stupid textual data, the function does not make only an answer by “true” or “false”. If “true”, it calculates the number “to be consumed”.

Yeah, the lt/eq/gt stuff was probably a really old system they used, and still used for giving parts (since they don't count down and should be maxxed).

However the system they used in KOTOR2 allows some actions to take 0 parts, even if the skill description says it always needs 1 part. Error in the code, or outdated skill-description (there are/were a few)? No idea...