Sign in to follow this  
JK JA's Jaden Korr

New KOTOR Playthrough

Hey guys! I finally got Kotor working on my Linux computer. I am starting over and want to know some mods that you guys recommend. I am open to all types and such. Links are not required I can look them up on my own.

But if you don't wanna replace Juhani with Kay, there is a nice mod out here, thanks to RedRob41 and a few others that makes Juhani looks better in all kinds of ways : Juhani Catlike Head Mod

Edit: lol, I got my link redone properly! Thank you! But huh, what do I see? You did not add links to your own post? : - P

Edited by MrPhil

Recommendation: Weapons of the Old Republic was always my favorite after BoS. Here's a list of other mods:

Kill Marlena

Vibrosword Replacement Pack (Cyberswords)

Bastila on Korriban

Carth Republic Uniform Plus

Custom Class Clothing (especially if you make a soldier)

Korriban Workbench

Lightsaber 7 Pack (an add-on of sorts to WOTOR)

Robes for Korriban Sith Students

LordDeathRay's KOTOR Improvement Mod

Lightsaber Choices 2.0

Darth Malak: Fan of Darth Vader (if you want a darker Malak like I did)

VP's Hi-Poly Sabers for K1

Mandalorian Armor Pack

Improved Dark Jedi

Addendum: Avoid Tatooine Job Office, as it messes up Mission's quest.

Edited by Meatbag Exterminator

Yes I mean Kotor1,

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far! I never modded the first Kotor very much so I am unfamiliar with most of its mods. 

EDIT: So is Kay much better than Juhani? Not in the like of combat but story wise.

EDIT2: Will Shems Super Enhanced mod conflict a lot? I have thought about using it but never done a playthrough with it.

Well, I rather enjoyed Kay, but hey, if you can endure whiny guys like Carth and Mission, why not Juhani? I guess you should try both at some time and judge for yourself. Plus you get to hear "Inyri Forge"'s voice :P (That's Melissa, if I'm not mistaken :P) She did a lot of crazy mods in her time, like the Mass Effect guns for TSL, so this mod is worth testing. And if you do try Kay, install the cake mod or something (not sure where you can find that one these days, but it was quite funny).

I suggested Recruitable Kay because it might be more interesting to see something new brought to the table. I haven't seen that mod used in a playthrough before.

Whether you do or don't use Kay, I still suggest using that Juhani Catlike Head Mod. (You'll still encounter Juhani in the Grove if you have Recruitable Kay installed - she just won't join your party.)

And if you do try Kay, install the cake mod or something (not sure where you can find that one these days, but it was quite funny).

MrPhil, are you talking about this one?

I have started, I used Kay. I might record a play through later. I don't have a mic right now, so it might be bland lol!

I think I might be able to get my TSL disks running on my computer. Running windows stuff on Linux is complicated to say the least, requires emulators and other crap. 

Edited by JK JA's Jaden Korr