Hassat Hunter

TSLRCM 1.7 released.

I have used the CARBON crack for YEARS and have NEVER had an issue with the swoop races--your issue is NOT the no-cd crack as all a no-cd crack does is modify the swkotor2.exe file, it doesn't modify any game files so again your issue lies elsewhere

I suppose you still have the crack. If I kindly ask you, will you be so good as to give me a link I can download it from ( via PM of course, for sharing things like that in public is not allowed)? Youd would spare me a re-installation.

Guest staticjoe66

Again I find this HIGHLY unlikely as a no-cd crack modifies only the game launcher, it doesn't modify any game files--I also find it curious ONLY the swoop races are affected, no other game instances and according to LucasArts.com there is a swoop race issue which is NOT caused by a no-cd crack:

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=128908

So I extremely skeptical of a no-cd crack causing this issue personally having had no issues in either game also using the Easy Swoop Mods for both KOTOR and TSL

Perhaps the carbon no-cd patch does work with swoops, but nope, there IS an issue with no-cd patches and swoop racing, joe. I've tested-it and it really does...

Guest staticjoe66
I suppose you still have the crack

Of course I still have the crack--dl'd it a few years ago and have run through TSL at least a dozen times over the past not even year and install that crack each and every time...now I'm running TSL on Winblows 7 x64 with the Vista fix AND the no-cd crack...no issues...there is the windowing issue in W7 but that's the craptastic OS and not a game issue so a quick toggle of the screen res fixes that

will you be so good as to give me a link I can download it from

Just do a Google search for "TSL CARBON no cd crack"

The Swoop racing code is primarily inside the .exe.

As such, the correlation seems pretty easy to make. And infact 1.0 cracks do have swoop race issues, even if some are called "1.0b"...

And that's about enough talk of cracks, okay?

Was that a crack at us? :thumbsup: Anyway, that would explain why some of the "things that shalln't be named anymore" aren't working.

Guest saki

if I understood correctly, some "things that shalln't be named anymore" are called 1.0b but infact they are 1.0?! and only way to check it is to go for some swoop racing?! man, what a junction.

that's all about that theme from me... I promise :thumbsup:

Guest staticjoe66
The Swoop racing code is primarily inside the .exe.

I just reloaded an old save from Citadel Stn--this playthrough I didn't bother with the swoop races as my sole purpose was to trigger the Brianna/Visas catfight--and the swoop race on Telos loaded up fine and I was able to do a practice run. The reason I mention this is because of what you said HH and I wanted to ensure I wasn't missing anything on my end although the version I use of the ''what shall not be named" is 2.0...FWTW...

Huh. I never downloaded "that which shall not be named" since I heard tons of reports that it caused major problems for the game. But I'll try the one you suggested, staticjoe. I hate having to use my CD all the time. :harhar:

Guest staticjoe66

Which is exactly why I use them--I have bought and paid for legal copies of KOTOR, TSL, the first three Morrowind games, Max Payne 1 and 2, Chessmaster and a whole box full of other games but again I steadfastly refuse to prematurely kill my optical drives

Huh. I never downloaded "that which shall not be named" since I heard tons of reports that it caused major problems for the game. But I'll try the one you suggested, staticjoe. I hate having to use my CD all the time. :harhar:

Mind you, I'm the 1st one that would use the "thing that shouldn't be named", as my laptop makes a kind of grinding noise whenever TSL'S cd's in. However, I did encounter the swoop bug, that is getting in the air forever. Removing the faulty .exe and replacing-it with my backup exe plus playing with the CD DID fix-it... oh well. However, I am using the .exe (JUST the .exe) from the unofficial and fully reprehensible 1.0c patch and this no cd patch is working with the swoop races... oh well.