Sign in to follow this  
skjq444

Dantooine Crystal Cave XP Farm Glitch

While inside the crystal cave on Dantooine, I swapped party members to equip my personal crystal. Afterwards I tried to leave and the Kinrath hatchlings respawned when walking a short distance from the crystal formations. I tested this over and over by changing party members and it seems to continue to do so as long as you swap members inside the crystal area. I have not left the cave yet to see if you can return and use the glitch. Just thought I would share this with everyone. If someone could test returning to the cave and changing party members. Would be a great help.

• Like 1

Indeed, very nice find.

It seems the locals it used to determine if the trigger was triggered yet exceeded the maximum value allowed for triggers. Changing it from 50 (invalid) to 40 (valid) fixed this. However, many other side-effects were caused too (ie, not spawning anymore later when you got the quest).

So, yeah, had to spend some time debugging the script to work properly. And eventually, now, it did. With 1.8.3 you can only spawn them once without the quest, and once with the quest. If you spawn them with the quest you can not spawn them again if you didn't have the quest-less spawn (as was already the case in vanilla).

This is for pc. I don't know if this works on console.

I think I found another way to get that xp exploit inside the Crystal Cave on Dantooine. I went inside the crystal cave before accepting the mission to clear them out so I don't know if this works once you've accepted the mission.

After killing the Kinraths inside the Crystal Cave, I used to run back out of the caves and reenter. The Kinrath in the Crystal Cave always respawn. Yesterday I disovered you don't even have to leave the caves for the Kinrath to respawn inside the Crystal Cave.

After killing the Kinrath nest, save the game. Then reload that save and behold... the Kinrath are back. Kill them again, save game, reload save. Especially in the beginning of the game this will get you xp's fast.