Sign in to follow this  
phenex

Wearing Heavy Armor and Dexterity Bonuses

I've noticed in Kotor II that a lot of heavy armor in the game sacrifices maximum dexterity bonuses for defense overall. But does this mean that if you are a blaster wielder, the less of the bonus hinders your chance to hit with ranged weapons? Or is the dexterity bonus applied to only defense?? And is the only penalty for wearing heavy armor as a high dexterity Jedi just the force power restriction??

That's a good question. I always felt like the dexterity bonus (when you have a max dexterity bonus restriction) lowers your attack with blaster rifles. Thus, Heavy Armors I figured were more for the Soldiers with super high Strength attribute. Guess the only way to know for sure is to try it out.

Ok so..it seems that on my sent, i have 27 dex which gives me a +8. When i equip Mandalorian assault armor with a max dex bonus of +0 and a random blaster rifle with no +attack modifiers it looks like my atk modifier stays put. And on the character page it says i have +0 on Dex but the number is orange and not red, so im guessing only defense is only affected by this. And with the heavy armor on my defense is actually quite high since it gives like +13 defense which makes up for the loss of defense dedicated dex bonus. Further evidence supported by using master valor and while my defense was unmoved, my attack modifier while carrying a blaster increased! So really the ONLY thing you are sacrificing while wearing heavy armor is some powers and your defense modifier from dexterity. So for everyone worried about using heavy armor for blaster wielding bad asses, fear no more!

On a side note, anyone know if dueling affects Blaster "Rifles"?

Edit: Dueling works with blaster rifles

Good to know, never have done a blaster run, so nice to know this, thanks ! :)

Ok so..it seems that on my sent, i have 27 dex which gives me a +8. When i equip Mandalorian assault armor with a max dex bonus of +0 and a random blaster rifle with no +attack modifiers it looks like my atk modifier stays put. And on the character page it says i have +0 on Dex but the number is orange and not red, so im guessing only defense is only affected by this. And with the heavy armor on my defense is actually quite high since it gives like +13 defense which makes up for the loss of defense dedicated dex bonus. Further evidence supported by using master valor and while my defense was unmoved, my attack modifier while carrying a blaster increased! So really the ONLY thing you are sacrificing while wearing heavy armor is some powers and your defense modifier from dexterity. So for everyone worried about using heavy armor for blaster wielding bad asses, fear no more!

On a side note, anyone know if dueling affects Blaster "Rifles"?

Edit: Dueling works with blaster rifles

What? No way!!!! Dueling affects blaster rifles?

Yes it does say it in the tooltip but never says rifles, just says ranged weapons. But yes this question has finally been answered.

Probably should read those feats a little better...

It's amazing how differently I play the game as opposed to my first playthrough (2006).

If it's anything like D&D at all, which it should, wearing heavy armor shouldn't affect ranged attack rolls at all, or your reflex saves. You can still be a sniper and wear heavy armor.