Sign in to follow this  
Casper

A couple of bugs and strange things

Hello :) I'm nearing the end of a playthrough of TSL with TSLRCM, and I just figured I would help you guys out the little I can, by listing some bugs I found on the way. I don't know if they are vanilla bugs or TSLRCM bugs, but I guess it's good if they are fixed either way :)

Info:

English language KOTOR

Patch 1.0b applied.

TSLRCM version 1.82

M4-78EP addon installed: No.

Character is Female, Dark Side.

Mods used:

Ultimate Appearance Mod

New Bounty Hunters on Onderon

New Onderon merchant

Extended Rebuilt Enclave Scene(Unofficial TSLRCM PATCH)

Quarterstaff Replacement Pack

Nihilus Zombie's Death

Peragus Sith Troops To Sith Assassins

Vao Armband Drop

Darksword

Saber&Melee Weapon Sound Mod

My Dantooine Statue

Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection

Handsister Fix

Kill Disciple Mod by Mandalore

Trayus Rank Reform

Kill The Ithorian

Peragus Tweak

Full Force Mod

High Level Force Powers by Stoffe (AKA RevanAnt)

Darth Nihilus Animation Fix

(all of these mods were listed as compatible, and, if available, I downloaded them from deadlystream)

On to the bugs.

1. On Onderon, if one choose to help Ponlar persuade the people to rebel against the queen, you are supposed to fight the guards. However, both the guards and some of the people (all but 2, I think) turns hostile in this case, and you are forced to kill both sides. Afterwards, Ponlar can't be interacted with. Thus this quest can not be completed. Reloading did not help.

2. When confronted with Master Vrook for the first time, one of the hostile lines (the "I have killed the others" one) closes the conversation, but Vrook does not go hostile and he can't be interacted with. Reloading did not help. Picking the other hostile line works fine.

3. On the Battle for Khoonda (on the mercenary side), several things seemed a bit weird, but some could be intended I suppose:

a) The turrets exploding were now rendered as a cutscene - however, afterwards the usual video of the same thing played.

B) I killed everyone at the front and the back, but nothing happened. Reloading helped.

c) After I got passed "B)", I got teleported straight to Vrook - I thought there was more to this battle?

4. Some time towards the end of the game, when I entered the Ebon Hawk, I got a cutscene with G0-T0 exploding the Remote. However, Remote was still alive afterwards. The whole thing seemed pretty random.

5. In the HK Factory, there is a line with (imo) a kinda strange english wording. I don't remember the exact line anymore, but it was the line which you choose to delete the memory of HK-47. Personally, my eyes stopped at this line and I read it a couple of times. It kinda stood out.

6. When facing Nihilus in battle, if one choose to sacrifice Visas to become an apprentice, and subsequently kills her, Nihilus attacks anyway. Is this supposed to happen? Also, he goes down to his knees before he attacks. Intended?

I hope some of this is useful information. If I find more strange things, I will be sure to post them here :)

1. On Onderon, if one choose to help Ponlar persuade the people to rebel against the queen, you are supposed to fight the guards. However, both the guards and some of the people (all but 2, I think) turns hostile in this case, and you are forced to kill both sides. Afterwards, Ponlar can't be interacted with. Thus this quest can not be completed. Reloading did not help.

I've never seen this myself, as in any instance that I've done this(usually the DS route as you have done in this case), a number of soldiers spawn to fight the rioting citizens and me, although it is true that a few of the commoners will attack you as well(supporters of Queen Talia most likely).

Although that isn't really a quest, but I believe it does get you Vaklu's notice(i.e it sets off being able to side with him, like talking with the two aliens near the sky ramp).

3. On the Battle for Khoonda (on the mercenary side), several things seemed a bit weird, but some could be intended I suppose:

a) The turrets exploding were now rendered as a cutscene - however, afterwards the usual video of the same thing played.

B) I killed everyone at the front and the back, but nothing happened. Reloading helped.

c) After I got passed "B)", I got teleported straight to Vrook - I thought there was more to this battle?

A few of the game's cut-scenes were switched to use the game's engine, verses the rendered cutscenes. I don't think the rendered cut-scene should play anymore for that part of the game.

B) I've mostly gone for the route of just siding with Azkul(even if I convince Vrook or Adare otherwise), so I've mostly confronted Zherron outside the building, fighting the Militia just afterward. I don't think it takes all of them, since once you deal with the Majority of them, along with Zherron, you can proceed inside.

C) I've had this happen too. The game does make you think that either route is going to be one long fight, but not really. It is somewhat longer with what TSLRCM restored, but not by much.

4. Some time towards the end of the game, when I entered the Ebon Hawk, I got a cutscene with G0-T0 exploding the Remote. However, Remote was still alive afterwards. The whole thing seemed pretty random.

I don't know if you've finished the game yet, so the answer to this can be a bit spoiler-ish.

Although it plays out as if G0-T0 means to just destroy the remote, that isn't what happens. It's meant to be G0-T0 rewrting some of the Remote's code, which comes into play near the end of the game.

No reply? Are you guys not taking bugreports anymore? :unsure:

We do. Kinda forgot to do so though 0_o

On one side (Queen Talis) after killing the enemies the friendlies and Ponlar dissapear. On the other side (Vaklu) they stay around though. Not quite sure why it was done that way. I found the dissapearing kinda awkward so if it gets tweaked I probably remove the dissapearance on the Queens side instead of adding it to Vaklu.

Anyway, it does work as intended.

2. When confronted with Master Vrook for the first time, one of the hostile lines (the "I have killed the others" one) closes the conversation, but Vrook does not go hostile and he can't be interacted with. Reloading did not help. Picking the other hostile line works fine.

Where is that? I can't find said line inside Khoonda, nor at the cave... :/

None of the bik movies should play during the battle, only ingame movies. If they do, it's a pretty clear indication one of your mod messes stuff up.

There was an issue in 1.7 where if you killed everyone but Zherron Zherron would dissapear and you'd get stuck. 1.8 fixed that though, by requiring you to kill Zherron too to count "everyone"...

Do you have a npc_zherron.ncs in your override? If so it probably overrides our 601 zherron, while not having the script to increment the global leading to said issue.

c) After I got passed "b)", I got teleported straight to Vrook - I thought there was more to this battle?

Nope, that's pretty much the Dark Side version of the Khoonda battle.

Vrook is a lot harder than the LS fight though ;).

5. In the HK Factory, there is a line with (imo) a kinda strange english wording. I don't remember the exact line anymore, but it was the line which you choose to delete the memory of HK-47. Personally, my eyes stopped at this line and I read it a couple of times. It kinda stood out.

[Delete memory that shutting down reactor can harm the HK units.]

?

I suppose it could use a "the" before reactor instead of before HK units.

[Delete memory that shutting down the reactor can harm HK units.]

Better?

6. When facing Nihilus in battle, if one choose to sacrifice Visas to become an apprentice, and subsequently kills her, Nihilus attacks anyway. Is this supposed to happen? Also, he goes down to his knees before he attacks. Intended?

Yup.

On one side (Queen Talis) after killing the enemies the friendlies and Ponlar dissapear. On the other side (Vaklu) they stay around though. Not quite sure why it was done that way. I found the dissapearing kinda awkward so if it gets tweaked I probably remove the dissapearance on the Queens side instead of adding it to Vaklu.

Anyway, it does work as intended.

Gotcha :) Well, it's only my personal opinion but I would think it looks better with them dissapearing. I mean, it's jarring sure, but when they keep standing around, non interactable and not saying anything, I think it kinda makes it seem like the quest bugged out or something like that. Anyways.

Where is that? I can't find said line inside Khoonda, nor at the cave... :/

It was not a direct quote. I don't remember the exact line but the Exile is saying how she killed X, and X, and because of that, she can kill Vrook too. (X being the names of other Jedi's killed before him). Maybe the line came from one of my mods. I guess the main suspect is "Extended Rebuilt Enclave Scene(Unofficial TSLRCM PATCH)" because it's supposed to alter dialogue with the masters (and it alters more places than just the Enclave). But it's too late to check this for me now.

None of the bik movies should play during the battle, only ingame movies. If they do, it's a pretty clear indication one of your mod messes stuff up.

I suspected as much. The only mods I can think of that affected that part of the game is yours :P (My Dantooine Statue)

There was an issue in 1.7 where if you killed everyone but Zherron Zherron would dissapear and you'd get stuck. 1.8 fixed that though, by requiring you to kill Zherron too to count "everyone"...

Do you have a npc_zherron.ncs in your override? If so it probably overrides our 601 zherron, while not having the script to increment the global leading to said issue.

Well, I thought it was a simple engine glitch because the reloading worked, but indeed as you say I could just have killed everyone in a different order between the reload. Sadly, I can't verify if that file was in the override or not, as I reinstalled the game and I am on another playthrough now.

Nope, that's pretty much the Dark Side version of the Khoonda battle.

Vrook is a lot harder than the LS fight though ;).

Gotcha :)

[Delete memory that shutting down reactor can harm the HK units.]

?

I suppose it could use a "the" before reactor instead of before HK units.

[Delete memory that shutting down the reactor can harm HK units.]

Better?

Yes better :cool:

And thank you Rtas Vadum. The Remote scene makes more sense now :)

It was not a direct quote. I don't remember the exact line but the Exile is saying how she killed X, and X, and because of that, she can kill Vrook too. (X being the names of other Jedi's killed before him). Maybe the line came from one of my mods. I guess the main suspect is "Extended Rebuilt Enclave Scene(Unofficial TSLRCM PATCH)" because it's supposed to alter dialogue with the masters (and it alters more places than just the Enclave). But it's too late to check this for me now.

Nope, TSLRCM... and I see the issue now;

"I have killed Zez-Kai Ell on Nar Shaddaa, and now I shall kill you." works fine.

"I have killed Kavar on Onderon, and now I shall kill you." work fine.

"I have killed both Kavar and Zez-Kai Ell, and now I shall kill you." lacks the 'attack after convo is done' script. Guess that's 1.8.3 0_o

You could never get instance #3 in vanilla since without TSLRCM Zez-Kai Ell's death wasn't setting the proper flags for this and some other instances.

I suspected as much. The only mods I can think of that affected that part of the game is yours :P (My Dantooine Statue)

Would be pretty stupid if I made it incompatible. But I've done stupider things.

Still, would assume more people would have mentioned if it was My Dantooine Statue, so it's probably not.

Yes better :cool:

Make that 3 whole fixes for 1.8.3 XD

Would be pretty stupid if I made it incompatible. But I've done stupider things.

Still, would assume more people would have mentioned if it was My Dantooine Statue, so it's probably not.

Yes I see your point. To be honest, that playthrough seemed to have (at least) one mod that clashed with TSLRCM in bad ways overall, because a few bizzare things happened that was clearly not a normal bug. So probably Khoonda issues simply comes from this :)

Make that 3 whole fixes for 1.8.3 XD

Glad I could help :) I'm soon finished with another playthrough, light side this time, with not even half the mods installed (but with M4-78EP), and I'll report what I find on that run as well.