Sign in to follow this  
Lord Byron

Alternative universe - MMO and Revan novel ignored...

Okay, KotOR and TSL are my favourite games of all time. I would never get sick of Star Wars RPGs, so long as the writing is good and not reduced to prequel level trash. Now, let's pretend the Old Republic and the Revan novel never happened, or could legally be ignored. One day, Avellone gets the green light to write Knights III and do whatever he wants with the story. So...

1. Obsidian makes KotOR III.
2. They're given at least 18 months to make the game.
3. They finish off the true Sith story.
4. You play as a new character.
5. You let the player choose the gender and alignment of Revan and the Exile in a conversation.

Now, as for story ideas of my own - I don't like the idea of light side Revan falling to the dark side again to stop the Sith. Having to redeem Revan once more would be lame. Been there, done that. I wouldn't mind if they do this with the Exile, though, as light side Exile has never fallen to the dark side. Although, that would crap on the players who wanted their Exile to always resist the dark side. I think it would be better if there was a civil war among the Sith, but the emperors forces crushed their enemies. So they are weakened, but still strong enough to conquer the galaxy, only they want to do it without having to fire a single shot.

They manipulated events behind the scenes, causing echoes in the force that lead to wars and ultimately the destruction of the Jedi. Once they believed the Jedi were all gone, then they would make their move and crush the Republic and Mandalorian remnants. Except that without the emperor and the dark council of the Sith, the Sith would lose their strong leadership and plunge into in-fighting. The Exile would eventually find Revan and help Revan assassinate Sith leaders to destabilise them. With all the dark council members dead, the emperor would panic and send his forces to war, changing the gameplan so to speak. The new character would be an ex-Padawan from the Jedi Civil War who returns to war. Under the guidance of a Jedi Knight, the new character would set off on an adventure across the galaxy to eliminate the Sith Lord leading the fight against the Republic, who would be the emperors apprentice.

Once the emperors apprentice is defeated, the new character travels to the unknown regions, via the unlocked navicomputer of the Ebon Hawk. The new character helps Revan and the Exile defeat the emperor. If you are playing as dark side, though, then naturally, you want to be the new emperor, which means you have to find a way to kill Revan and the Exile. If you are playing as light side, you can redeem Revan and/or the Exile if they are dark side - failure to redeem them would force you to kill them. I don't want the new character to be capable of killing Revan and the Exile in direct combat, though. Having someone more powerful than the heart and death of the force combined would be silly.

Yours sincerely,

Lord Byron

• Like 2

I like all of your points except 4, personally after finishing KOTOR 2, I would rather see a sequel with the player being the Exile again, finding Revan and uniting the galaxy to face the true enemy lurking in the unknown regions waiting to present itself "would have been a 3x more powerful Sith empire" with the ending being LS Exile LS Revan = using said forces to battle the enemy, thus saving galaxy. LS exile DS Revan = plot twist Revan had exile as a toolbag to muster the best forces he could, to then be destroyed by the empire that Revan secretly was the head of, exile then had to kill Revan. DS exile LS Revan = You fight Sith Empire, become Ruler of the Galaxy, making Revan therefore have to kill you to ensure peace.  And DS exile DS Revan = Revan uses you as tool, but respects each other enough, becomes Empire v Empire battle, Exiles Empire wins, then you have to kill Revan to ensure no more rival powers start.

It's just my personal view, of course - the game would be graphically overhauled "but still have same look as the rest, feature many reoccurring planets from both Kotor and the 2nd, still have the Ebon Hawk HK, T3 and maybe Atton "everyone needs a pilot"  Along with a random event Generator "something that can randomly spawn in beasts and thugs" and new loot

I like all of your points except 4, personally after finishing KOTOR 2, I would rather see a sequel with the player being the Exile again, finding Revan and uniting the galaxy to face the true enemy lurking in the unknown regions waiting to present itself "would have been a 3x more powerful Sith empire" with the ending being LS Exile LS Revan = using said forces to battle the enemy, thus saving galaxy. LS exile DS Revan = plot twist Revan had exile as a toolbag to muster the best forces he could, to then be destroyed by the empire that Revan secretly was the head of, exile then had to kill Revan. DS exile LS Revan = You fight Sith Empire, become Ruler of the Galaxy, making Revan therefore have to kill you to ensure peace. And DS exile DS Revan = Revan uses you as tool, but respects each other enough, becomes Empire v Empire battle, Exiles Empire wins, then you have to kill Revan to ensure no more rival powers start.

It's just my personal view, of course - the game would be graphically overhauled "but still have same look as the rest, feature many reoccurring planets from both Kotor and the 2nd, still have the Ebon Hawk HK, T3 and maybe Atton "everyone needs a pilot" Along with a random event Generator "something that can randomly spawn in beasts and thugs" and new loot

I totally agree! This was the perfect way to sum it up!

I do however, like the original idea, i know that K3 is probably not gonna happen, which is why i think someone should make a mod that accurately follows what happens after K2.

And yes, I'd love to play as the exile again, and perhaps you can choose which party members from TSL died as well? So that way you could still hang with

Atton, and maybe they could dive into the romance with him some more, same with every other party member, you could basically choose what their fate was, however G0-T0 would be destroyed, and Bao-Dur would be dead, and Kreia would be dead, and possibly Mira / Hanharr as well, so if you chose to keep some of your party members from the previous game, you'd still have space for new party members.

Perhaps whomever makes this game (Whether that be fans or obsidian, i personally would love to make this game as a mod myself, but i have neither the time nor the organization. Back on subject, whomever makes this game if they do that is, should use some of Obsidian's original scrapped ideas, like HK-47 riding on your back like C3-P0 In the original trilogy, etc..)