Sign in to follow this  
ToXiN

Black screen after leaving Telos...

Hey. Im playing kotor2 for the first time ever, with the TSLRCM, and its a fantastic game, great job with this mod, even though i dont know whats restored.

Problem is, after entering the Ebon Hawk to leave Telos from the polar academy, after the cutscene with the handmaidens talking to Atris, my screen goes black, my cursor is still there and i can move it around, i can bring up the menus and do stuff there, i can pause and the popup comes up, but i see nothing else but black, and the music is playing. Ive seen many other posts like these here...

Anyway to get aroung this? I have tried loading a few older saves and no luck, happens everytime. I am NOT using ANY other mods besides TSLRCM 1.6 and the NarShadda fix patch.

Try to update the game! Or perhaps something went wrong during the installation. What operating system are you using????

As far as I know, it is fully updated, i have the 1.0a and 1.0b patches and TSLRCM 1.6+NarShaddaa fix.

I am using Vista 64-bit.

Im so disappointed, I wanted to play this game all day and when i got home i did start and then a few minutes in this black screen problem happened. Made a somewhat bad day already worse.

Edited by ToXiN

When you say you loaded an older save..... how old exactly? I do believe this is a vanilla glitch. The way around it is to load a save from before you entered the academy (that's what I had to do anyway when it happened to me).

Older saves, but still within the academy. Do you mean like my last save, which is right before the academy entrance? I guess that makes sense... Still, I dont want to go back that far and redo everything then have it glitch on me again, as that would be a total waste of time, but i guess its worth a shot.

Unless someone can offer another solution. And thanks for the quick replies, im surprised.

It's caused by a glitch in the fighting with Handmaidens, if you "cheat" and prematurely end the combat.

So either avoid fighting, or stick to the rules applied and you should not get the black screen...

Thank you. That indeed helped, I went to a save before i fought the handmaidens, fought them again and made sure not to "end combat prematurely" and it worked - no more black screen after leaving Telos!

You indeed know how this game works very well (though its strange to me as to why there would be a link between the handmaiden fights and the third cutscene after leaving). And it wasnt all bad, I discovered a lot more dialogue as i re-played up to that point, and its so well-written for a game that i didnt mind anyway, so i now have a better understanding of the plot. Thanks.

Edited by ToXiN

though its strange to me as to why there would be a link between the handmaiden fights and the third cutscene after leaving

Because it screws up your teammates that were there at the time, which would need to talk on the EH. They can't, game gets stuck.