Dark_Ansem

Items and upgrades

so, I do not understand the ratio behind the upgradeability of items, or its absence.

I've looked through the properties of defeault lightsabers and I noticed that all of them have the same property set, for upgrades- which is incomplete. it does not list Qixoni crystals nor the actual color crystals they should have, nor the "door sabering property".

I also looked through melee weapons, who should have the same structure, and instead they are empty and upgradeable. I am confused.

I al also confused on how to make "upgraded item" (that is, items you take at the workbench and you can disassemble like if you had made them).

any ideas?

EDIT: I also looked at baseitems.2da and checked back with the Dark Jedi Lightsaber item. even more confusing.

The "upgrade" part of the .utc for TSL is a leftover of KOTOR and not acutally used.

Also, there is no 'color' property. If the color is changed, it's changed to a different item (the one with that color).

• Like 1

ok thanks.

So..

how do I create an item that has already upgrades in it and you can dismount at benches?

also, how to choose how much upgradeable is the item? baseitems.2da seems the most reasonale choice but I find no enlightening stuff there.