• YES I LOVE IT!!!
    • Played a little.
    • Never got into it.
    • Want to start soon / starting now
    • Played Morrowwind
    • Playing Skyrim
    • Waiting for GOTY Skyrim
    • Play other Bethesda titles

Well you should look into MMM This is a good way to install it. This is how I am going to do it http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/43471 I am going to set it up and then put it away and finish the m4-78ep.

I certainly do plan on using that at some point. Save for a few retextures of the vanilla creatures(from this mod: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/14532), I don't have anything effecting the monsters.

Might not be the best, but I've got a few more shots of Nymph.

"Many bodies in the way of the truth. Including all of these, and my own. Pity I am not dead yet."(The Listener's quarters provided in this mod: Link)

NymphListenerSkulls_zps3af00ec9.png

"You were expecting? Rather than stare, speak, and I shall listen. If I will act, that is another story."

NymphListenerThrone_zps4970c478.png

Re-done shot. Perhaps a bed-room isn't the best for that kind of pose, and admittedly a more fitting thing for a Duke of Dementia.

NymphSkullsMaina2_zpsde4479e2.png

"What? You would gladly serve Thadon a meal that KILLED HIM, but you won't do the same for me? Sans-Greenmote, of course. But if you must, ONLY ONE."

Nymph_WhatDoYouMean_zps8748a12f.png

"Hm...what am I going to do with all of THIS? It's almost too much of a bother to choose!"

Nymph_WhatAmIGoingToDo_zpsdfaad328.png

"Yes, I know what you must think. I chose this form, right? Wrong. Like you forgot the dead boy champion...ah, nevermind."

Nymph_ThroneOfMadness_zps8ebc9672.png

The poses used are from this mod: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/40579 I don't have it active, since I'd only activate it to take screenshots. I also have this one: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/6239

Also an update on the characters themselves(although for Nymph, some of it is already obvious):

Kuroji

Race: Lemure

Lvl: 20

Type: Battlemage(albeit more focus on blades than magic)

Quest Focus: Main(Up To "Blood Of A Daedra")/Mages Guild(Up to "Information At a Price")/Dark Brotherhood(Up to "Bad Medicine")/Shivering Isles/Daedric Shrine Quests(Competed Namira, Mephala, Boethia)

Nymph

Race: Swan(another of Flan's races)

Lvl: 17

Type: A bit varied, between Blades, bows, and magic

Quest Focus: Main(Up to 'Imperial Dragon Armor')/Dark Brotherhood(Completed)/Shivering Isles(Supporting Maina throughout the Main quests, Completed)

Venris

Race: Dunmer

Lvl: 18

Type: Mage(although using blades quite a bit)

Quest Focus: Dark Brotherhood(Up to 'The Assassinated Man') /Mages Guild(Completed)/Shivering Isles(Completed Main Quests, Supporting Dementia throughout) - likely NOT doing the main quest on this one

I'll probably get Morrowind at some point too. Although, as much as I would like to play it, it's more than that. I obviously don't have the nostalgic love for the game that others might, so I obviously view it differently. Plus, even as sequels to the game, I still wouldn't make DIRECT comparisons for every bloody thing. I somehow doubt that I will play Morrowind and start thinking that it does the combat better, or that it's story is so much better in comparison to Oblivion.

As for other things though, I've played a few of the well known quest mods, though mostly by just installing them, and playing through it. Only one or two I've decided to really keep.

Servant Of The Dawn

I'll perfectly admit two things. One, that I didn't finish the mod. Not because I didn't like it, but I just didn't feel like dealing with one section of it at that point. I'm certainly going to run through it again, although when I don't know. Second, although the idea is appealing, mostly since I cannot bring myself to play through and through "Good" characters, this still made me feel, odd. That certainly isn't a knock against the story, as I think it is very well done.

i know the mod has a conflict with KOTN, but the only one I saw was a location being RIGHT next to the Priory added by KOTN(which clipped a little with the Priory stables).

The Lost Spires

Not much of a point to link this one, as it already was. I ran through this with a mostly mage character, limiing myself to one-handed swords, but using staffs otherwise(mostly the Ayleid ones from this mod: link.). I will say that I found this one fun, both the story and the gameplay. Truthfully, I saw a part of this mod in a Let's play, but it wasn't directly related to the plot, so that part I didn't know.

Although...

Given the character I was playing, it was something of a stretch for him to use that sword during the ending boss fight. Plus, I found that fight interesting. Having the 'Ceiling Collapse' effect done like that, actually killed me the first time. I don't think it did during one of the fights in the Celestial Planes, since I litterally SAW the effect before it could touch me. Oh, and maybe that trailer for the mod spoiled me a bit, since I was hoping for a bit more than the robe and hood you get in one of the planes(obviously the cape in the trailer is from another mod). Still, better than what I had, and it fit the character.

A Brotherhood Renewed

I don't have much to say about this(give me two seconds though and I'll lie about that). I love it. Expanding on the DB questline in a very well done manner. I do have only one problem with it though, but as possible as it seems, I can't say.

In one instance, you get to chose a Speaker for the Imperial Sanctuary. The one Arquen mentions is a Vampire living in the sewers. One of her lines, "I don't know how you feel about Vampires, Listener', doesn't really take into account the player possibly being one. Also, the same Speaker refers to you as "Mortal" upon meeting him. I'm a little unsure if Vampires are indeed not mortal in TES, but given how long Hassildor has been around, they probably aren't. Still, I'm not sure if the game has the scripting to check if the player is a Vampire, and give a reasponse based on that. Still, a very minor problem.

Dark Brotherhood Chronicles - Awakening

This one I've played through very recently. On a new save, using the "Moonshadow Elves" race. Save for having a little lag in some places(though not anywhere implicitly required by the quest line), I have no issues with it. I'm just waiting for the second part.

I did try Kvatch Rebuilt, but i don't think I'll be trying it again.

I just can't imagine waiting as long as a month of in-game time for the next quest. I know it starts with a week to wait for the first quest, but it probably does take a month for one of the quests. I know waiting that long makes sense story wise, but still.

I've got A Brotherhood Renewed - one of my favourite mods.

Hey ya  Mandalore; A Brotherhood Renewed by Arthmoor!!! Well ya of course. Arthmoor is practicaly a legend in modding Bethesda games.

I am right now watching the million second quiz while trying to instal kotor2 on my laptop

Hey ya  Mandalore; A Brotherhood Renewed by Arthmoor!!! Well ya of course. Arthmoor is practicaly a legend in modding Bethesda games.

I am right now watching the million second quiz while trying to instal kotor2 on my laptop

Seems the only mod of his that I'm not so fond of, isn't exactly his own work, but rather another mod he cleaned up.

Verona House: Bloodlines

At this point, I've tried to go through and finish this mod twice. The first time, I got to a point where I found something that I think, doesn't make any sense. I didn't play to much farther after that. The second time, I went much farther, but then I found that the plot made me go "Really?". I don't know if I want to have another go at it, since it seems like a LOT for a house mod.

Most of the story is pretty good, but a few of the choices in some parts, seem to completlely discredit the player. Doing the quest only requires having finished the main quest, which in itself, makes sense. But then you have someone contact you, and when you arrive at his home, you have to wait for him to come out, since the door is locked and entering it is tresspasing.

The in one of the first quests, you find yourself locked in a house. There is no way out, and trying the main door has the character ACCEPTING the fact that they have to be rescued. Which is what had me highly annoyed, given the laundry list that is my Factions page for Kuroji.

Then, after a few more quests, the gathering of the Imperial Credit Ceritificates is thrown out, since it turns out that even with those, it doesn't matter. The house is actually cursed, and you couldn't enter it, even with them. Along with that, it devolves into the "Vampire Hunter" group, which has me just as interested as I am in the Order of the Virtuous Blood, which I've done only once. Plus, once again, it doesn't matter at all that the character is a Vampire.

Some of the mods I've added(not too many) are on this list here: https://sites.google.com/site/khettienna/recommended-oblivion-mods

Seems odd that I cannot find any house mod that I really like. Either it's the style I don't like, or something about it just makes it seem lifeless. I've mostly stuck to either Rosethorn Hall, or the Listener's Quarters. Although I did mostly use the Bravil House with Shiro(the character I did The Lost Spires with).

Edit: oh hey ya Rtas, i didn't see your post, nice mods you have been playing. One of the things that has always bothered me about vampirism is that if your eyes turn red then everybody should know yet it is as if they are colour blind.

I am playing Monster girl mod the strange edition with the shadowy children's anuad mod (it happens to be one of the best mods ever compiled. It is like a 500 in 1 mod but it is almost impossible to find)

If you guys just want to add some small mods that add a lot of game play David Brasher  is another very well known bethesda mod creator. I use a lot of his mods and like Arthmoor his mods are clean and he has been around since the beginning http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/users/1139939/?

Anyways I am enjoying Morrowind. There is a mod called

Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics 3.0  (msog 3.0) https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1414019-relz-morrowind-overhaul-sounds-graphics-30/

and it up grades the entire game textures/meshes and everything. It takes an hour to install but it makes the game look amazing. Morrowind looks much better than oblivion hands down. The cities and towns just blow oblivion away. It is like a living "Lord of the Rings" movie. If you have a good gaming rig this mod will make the game's graphics on par with Oblivion and Skyrim. Do not use this mod if you don't have a modern gaming rig with core2 quad processor and a modern video card with at least 2gigs of memory on it because... well for many reasons...

I now completely understand why older folk who played Morrowind were so upset with Oblivion. The quests are amazing and the lore (hope you like reading) is comparable to the old Dungens and Dragons games.

They also followed an old time gaming trick that is not used anymore; the graphics get better as you progress in the game. You start off and everything looks crappy but the city I am in now is just what a fantasy city should look like.People are living in a village of mushroom trees and castles are huge l9ike they should be. Noyhing looks the same.

Now the negative part. The game engine is OLD. It doesn't matter how fast you click your mouse to swing your sword it is all like rolling dice. It all depends how much you have developed a skill. This is OLD SCHOOL gaming for sure.

In any event I am thinking about an Morrowblivion install that combines the 2 games but uses the Oblivion engine.

Playing a Sea Elf race named Psijonica (I should probably start a new Morrowind thead but I don't have it in me anymore. Too busy with rl.

oZpeK1Yl.jpg

Pq6b2ffl.png

dd7n4edl.png

86xmczcl.jpg

QjSG4zul.jpg

Edit: oh hey ya Rtas, i didn't see your post, nice mods you have been playing. One of the things that has always bothered me about vampirism is that if your eyes turn red then everybody should know yet it is as if they are colour blind.

I am playing Monster girl mod the strange edition with the shadowy children's anuad mod (it happens to be one of the best mods ever compiled. It is like a 500 in 1 mod but it is almost impossible to find)

If you guys just want to add some small mods that add a lot of game play David Brasher  is another very well known bethesda mod creator. I use a lot of his mods and like Arthmoor his mods are clean and he has been around since the beginning http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/users/1139939/?

I forget exactly which mod it's from, but the Vamp eye texure I have is a silver one. Still doesn't change how obvious Vampires are though. In some ways, I don't exactly mind the comments with either 75 or 100% Vampirisim, save for when it really doesn't make any sense for an NPC to have a problem with it. Like in the Shivering Isles. They likely see things worse than Vampires every day. Yet a lot of the more common NPCs you have to talk to for quests, respond like a Vampire is HIGHLY unsual, in comparison to say, the Hungers, Flesh Atronachs, or many other things. Though, even more annoying, is when an NPC will have a few lines to say by default, which the game forces them to say when first talking to them(no matter if there are any player responses to their lines or not, and without considering anything about the player). But if you try talking to them again after this, they give the "No, get away from me!" line, or one of the others.

Although the same issue can be there if a mod adds to a questline. The new NPCs, even if in the same faction as the player(namely the Dark Brotherhood, who obviously don't really react to you being a Vampire), will react like most other NPCs do, when the player is a Vampire.

That aside, my main problem with Vampires in this game quickly became the Sun Damage. Mostly because it seems that it can kill you without the health bar being at 0. So I've been using this mod for some time: Link. I guess feeding is an issue too, although since the UOP made the "Human Blood" items work for that purpose, it isn't as bad(even if those items are limited).

Although, I have noticed something odd. While I never saw the issue with Fergus or Vilja, I did have once instance where my companions(the two CM partners in the Pale Victim Mod) were in full view of one of my characters feeding on an NPC, and...they reported it. Had a Guard run into the Mages Guild Living quarters(Cheydinhal's) soon after.

Oh, and I recently tried out the Underdark mod. Really no quests involved, but the areas are interesting. Not something for people who don't like spiders though. Mostly since at least one of them I saw was...well, certainly bigger than Kuroji. I know there are mods to expand and add quests to it, but the main draw obviously is exploration and the clothing/armors it adds. However, even with Kuroji(currently level 32), some of those fights were annoying. Must have spent over twenty minutes dealing with this one NPC who summoned two spiders and a Land Dreugh with a different name(which weren't like summonded creatures at all, since once the summoner was dead, they remained). Oh, and some of the sound effects are nice, but after an hour in the place...not so much.

If you like to play as an assasin then you should play this mod; Dark Brotherhood Chronicles by Amadaun and AndalayBay

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41090/? the mod was released in 2011 and it is still being updated. That's always a good sign of a quality mod. They also have their own website.

If you like to play as an assasin then you should play this mod; Dark Brotherhood Chronicles by Amadaun and AndalayBay

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/41090/? the mod was released in 2011 and it is still being updated. That's always a good sign of a quality mod. They also have their own website.

Already have. I mentioned it on page 4. Missed maybe one or two of the side quests, but I loved the story. Heh, in a few of those quests I wore a armor set that looks similar to that of the Liches(from one of Slof's mods). Hmm...wanted to get the summon spell for the Liches too, but I didn't start the Mages Guild with it.

With Lunae(the Moonshadow Elf I did DBC with) was mostly focused on the Dark Brotherhood. Though I did start the character with this Alternative Start mod. Never picked up the Amulet in the sewers though, so didn't touch the main quest.

Aria(A Breton Mage character), I went through the Dark Brotherhood(though not ABR or DBC), the Mages Guild, and the Shivering Isles. During the fight with Mannimarco I had him summon two Liches(because of the Supreme Magika mod - which allows summoning more than one of a creature, depending on the character's rank in Conjuration). Wanted to get the same spell for her, but I haven't yet. Also wrote a journal for the character, with the well known Journal Mod,

Shiro(a Male Ashy Demon), did only the Mages Guild and the Lost Spires. I was using Mannimarco Revisited, and damn, that was an...explosive fight. The mod recommends level 20, did it at level 17.

When I first started playing oblivion I used to roleplay as a vampire in dark brotherhood. I loved playing at night and sneaking around in the cities and killing people and stuff hehehe... but these days I roleplay as a good mage who is suffering some mental health issues after touching that book you steal from the cult from the main quest and also from being in the shivering Ilses too long XD.

Oh I love Mannimarco Revisited; here is an old mod but a super fantastic mod that works really well with mannimarco revisited (in fact it comes with extra files to use with it it) Banes Guilds United -- Updated You can find it here with some other mods you may like https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1325560-relz-dreamed1s-itty-bitty-mods-and-fixes/

Hey Rtas what type of moonshadow elfe are you using? Is it the regular one or the Lop eared version because if you are using the regular one I can show you were to get some unique hi rez body and face tatoos. I would use them myself but I use the lop ear version :(

Here are some pics I made this summer. I'll look for some house mods for you I always liked the under water sea domes; if you haven't seen that one just google it.

post-10177-0-00087200-1379867850_thumb.png

post-10177-0-76876200-1379867956_thumb.png

post-10177-0-00735600-1379868031_thumb.jpg

post-10177-0-87885000-1379868056_thumb.jpg

post-10177-0-15142000-1379868085_thumb.jpg

post-10177-0-66265400-1379868115_thumb.jpg

Oh I love Mannimarco Revisited; here is an old mod but a super fantastic mod that works really well with mannimarco revisited (in fact it comes with extra files to use with it it) Banes Guilds United -- Updated You can find it here with some other mods you may like https://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1325560-relz-dreamed1s-itty-bitty-mods-and-fixes/

Sounds good, but I can see it might conflict with the Better Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary mod I use. Something similar happened with DBC, although the "bug" was a very small issue. BDBS makes Arquen actually use Ocheeva's old room as her own, alongside not just standing in one place at the end of the questline. But if you add DBC, the mod makes her resume her old behavior, in that once you talk with her(the dialouge relating to the mod's quest), she stays in that position(later returning to where she stands in vanilla after a certain point in the mod's questline).

Hey Rtas what type of moonshadow elfe are you using? Is it the regular one or the Lop eared version because if you are using the regular one I can show you were to get some unique hi rez body and face tatoos. I would use them myself but I use the lop ear version :(

I'm using this one here: link. Had to get a RF version of the female texture as well, although I found that before I actually found the page for the race. I actually edited the textures myself a little bit, adding the markings from the "Dea Obscura" race.(which I would use that race mod, but it seems to have an issue - both times I've tested it, I've seen the "Script Effect" icon disappear, so that every spell that uses it, has no icon next to it). Slof has a download of PSD's for her "Better Bodies" mod, which included the textures for the DO markings(although the Better Bodies mod only deals with the vanilla races, alongside the three from SI).

I was thinking about trying to add the hairs to the race that the Nexus page and the readme priovides instructions for, but I decided not to. I do already have Apachii's wig mod, although I didn't grab one for Lunae(just went with and kept one of the vanilla hairstyles).

Oh, and I started playing with MMM. If there is any question I have, it is usually this while exploring Cyrodiil..."What is THAT?!?!". Plus, when I did the Kvatch quests, between the gate and the city sections, damn. Bloody clannfear. And the character was only level...4 or 5 I think. Almost can't wait to see what changes it makes to some of the quest-related dungeons. Pretty much only going to do the Mages Guild and some of the Daedric quests(perhaps all of them) with my current character, although I might do the Theives Guild too(which I've only done once before). Maybe the Shivering Isles too, since this cat is a little more than crazy...

Hmm...a Khajiit Vampire named Kovu. Took me a few minutes to even come up with that name. I'd imagine he fought his way through Lipsand Tarn with only a littie difficulty, and then upon reaching the room with the Matriarch, did her in with a few fireballs. Then he felt tired, so he damn near fell onto that stone slab, and an hour later...oh my. Seems he'd caught that disease before, and had it long enough before cured, that this time, it was quicker - and now he'll have to dine on some thick, delicous red liquor.

It won't conflict with anything to do with the dark brotherhood. All the mod does is add a chest. I'm sure it will be fine. The mod changes the clothes for every faction except the dark brotherhood. It gives each faction unique armor and it addds a room in the mages bedroom.

I'll try to find a link for you for the hi rez skin textures. You have like six choices. They are awesome.

I'm using this one here: link. Had to get a RF version of the female texture as well, although I found that before I actually found the page for the race. I actually edited the textures myself a little bit, adding the markings from the "Dea Obscura" race.(which I would use that race mod, but it seems to have an issue - both times I've tested it, I've seen the "Script Effect" icon disappear, so that every spell that uses it, has no icon next to it). Slof has a download of PSD's for her "Better Bodies" mod, which included the textures for the DO markings(although the Better Bodies mod only deals with the vanilla races, alongside the three from SI).

I was thinking about trying to add the hairs to the race that the Nexus page and the readme priovides instructions for, but I decided not to. I do already have Apachii's wig mod, although I didn't grab one for Lunae(just went with and kept one of the vanilla hairstyles).

That is the Moonshadow race but if you install MBP++ you get a lop ear moonshadow elf option. I posted an OBMM version earlier in this thread where you get like 20 new races.

Anyhoos... why don't you share your textures here so I can try them hmm... :ice: That would be nice lol

btw did you see the pic of my Rosethorn manor? Do you like it?

That is the Moonshadow race but if you install MBP++ you get a lop ear moonshadow elf option. I posted an OBMM version earlier in this thread where you get like 20 new races.

Might try it out. I hae seen a few mods on the Nexus that require it, but getting that seems to be...tricky.

Anyhoos... why don't you share your textures here so I can try them hmm... :ice: That would be nice lol

I didn't edit the normal maps at all, just the base textures. I'll zip them and send them in a private message.

btw did you see the pic of my Rosethorn manor? Do you like it?

Hmm...I think I might've tried that mod out once. It's this one, isn't it? link I've been thinking about using Khettiena's, but I don't have too much of an issue with the vanila house.

Might try it out. I hae seen a few mods on the Nexus that require it, but it seems getting that seems to be...tricky.

I didn't edit the normal maps at all, just the base textures. I'll zip them and send them in a private message.

Hmm...I think I might've tried that mod out once. It's this one, isn't it? link I've been thinking about using Khettiena's, but I don't have too much of an issue with the vanila house.

Well if you go back and read my instructions it tells you how to get it all in a OBMM ready file so if you are able to click a button it is as easy as 1,2,3

Yes it is "sides" replacer for the Rosethorn house. Although when I used it years ago in medium textures I losttoo much fps and it didn't funtion properly but now that I can play in large textures I use all of his replacers. The way Oblivions engine works is if you are using a mod with large textures and your game is set at medium textures then the game will automatically change it to medium textures and if the mod dosen't come with medium textures then that's when you notice the heavy lag and stuttering and  bad stuff- eventually ctds...

I have been playing ALAnonimUBANGA_0_98_3_VIP_EN_PL by ALAnonim http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42121/? that adds a huge (as large as oblivion if not larger) new landscape/world to explore but like most extra landscape mods it is done only in large textures. That means in medium or less you can't really play it without the LOD all messed up. Basically the mountains will change colours like a rainbow until you come right to it.

Anyhoos this mod is a beauty. It is like Morrowind and Oblivion combined with the best parts of each. Check out the pictures on the mod page and you'll see how stunning this place is. Fantasy heaven XD

papEelEl.png

LJNzwVFl.png

D08CEsul.png

QA80Xkal.png

oops how did this get here? :vava:

XMJRSo3l.png

E45Btiml.png

mazQPTDl.png

xelCjeUl.png

7KNIJC3l.png

here's a gif showing the very kewl waves crashing on the shoreline using some type of mesh overlay technique

7NV6mOv.gif

... waiting for my new moonshadow textures XD

Do I regret installing MMM? Not at all. In fact, I'm either going to have to either do the main quest with Kovu, or start another character to do so - mostly since I really want to see more of the creatures that appear in the Oblivion worlds, although I have seen some of them between a Let's Play of the game, and a stream of it. Doesn't compare to dealing with them personally though. I have seen some of them because of Peryite's quest, alongside the few other places they appear in Cyrodiil.

Hmm...while it certainly can be said that I don't have much of a problem with the quests in the game, I did find a few in the Fighter's Guild. Played it with an Argonian(although I forget what his name is), which was mostly a fighter character, although using a little bit of magic(I know i picked at least Destruction and Resoration for his major skills). These problems might spoil things a bit.

-This should be obvious. The quest where you find out the Guildmaster's son is dead. You obviously don't kill him, you didn't plan on it. But for some reason, which I can only see as shooting the messenger, you have to get some of the blame for the death of her son. Doesn't make much sense, really.

-Somewhat related to the first, but after you deal with the Blackwood Company, you go back to Chorrol and speak with the Guildmaster. After the chiding statements about how foolish it was, she demotes me twice. Then...in the next sentence, she promotes me to Guildmaster. Um, What? Yeah, now  I'm really depressed about being demoted, when I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Also, with the Mages Guild, I also have two small problems. Not as bad as the two above, though.

-Council Chamber Trespassing: After you start the quest dealing with Vahtacen, you need to speak with Irlav. Problem is, he could be in the Council Chambers - but at that point, it's trespassing to enter, even if I've found that none of the three present within the chamber will find a problem with you entering it.

-Engaged, yet casual: Mostly an annoyance of mine, but after a certain point, you have to stagger the quests, waiting a day or doing other things before getting the next quest. Sure, it is supposedly because of the Council's meetings, but the meetings obviously don't occur, since the most you get is Irlav, Caranya and Traven in the Council room.

Hmmm... I never had those problems with the fighter guild quests. You must have done something in-perfect but I really wouldn't worry about it XDD

Umm... ya in the mages guild quest it is a bug that it is still tresspassing but since the room isn't used by anybody really you never get in trouble for it. Btw, if you have notices in the skingrad house you are also tresspassing in rosethorn manor (even if you own it) when you go on the balcony and sometimes  (rarely) the gaurd may see you and come arrest you in the house. hehehe

I always wanted to install MMM but never got around to it because I have used childrens anuad and I am now using Monster Girl which basically does the same thing and these two mods are newer, using newer resources and modding techniques (ie newer obse scripts and other) Monster Girl is right now in the last stages of beta and is cureently being cleaned with TES4edit.

My next install will be a OOO and Frans set up using  all of the Better Cities and Unique landscape mods with Qarl's Texture Pack 3 and QTP 3 Redimized. *** This is the Rolls Royce set up of Oblivion*** and when it is complete I will then think about adding MMM.

When I do that I will link the instructions for people who want the best Oblivion set up and have the hardware to run it.

I am kinda finishing my Oblivion play as I am into Morrowind and starting Kotor2 again now.

Some GIFs I made

VSSUU6r.gif

5nCbgfG.gif

Pn8HUSP.gif

39gqyfX.gif

Hmmm... I never had those problems with the fighter guild quests. You must have done something in-perfect but I really wouldn't worry about it XDD

Umm... ya in the mages guild quest it is a bug that it is still tresspassing but since the room isn't used by anybody really you never get in trouble for it. Btw, if you have notices in the skingrad house you are also tresspassing in rosethorn manor (even if you own it) when you go on the balcony and sometimes  (rarely) the gaurd may see you and come arrest you in the house. hehehe

I always wanted to install MMM but never got around to it because I have used childrens anuad and I am now using Monster Girl which basically does the same thing and these two mods are newer, using newer resources and modding techniques (ie newer obse scripts and other) Monster Girl is right now in the last stages of beta and is cureently being cleaned with TES4edit.

From the way it seems, getting demoted the first time is meant to happen(although I just find it strange that it's Azzan who deliver's this news, and not the Orc in Cheydinhal, or hell, even the Guildmaster herself storming down to find out what's going on, and then demoting you on the spot). It's just the reasoning for it that doesn't make sense to me, really. I don't recall any rules for the FG that mentions bringing back news of a members death, especailly when you don't have anything to do with it, and getting demoted for it. The second time is supposed to happen as well, although obviously it doesn't lower your rank at all, rather rasing it to guildmaster(since players would be unlikely to see their faction's page during the conversation.

I'm thinking that between the portal to the Archmage's quarters, and the one to the Council room, it's dependant on rank in the guild, rather than a specific person. With Rosethorn, I have heard about that, but I really haven't used the balcony door to enter, and if I have, it's after I have the house, and have already been inside. I don't think I've seen the icon being red for the balcony door being red upon entering though. I know the patch fixes that problem(or it should, at least). The Bravil one is a bit funnier, since the Count owns your house door, but the rest of it is yours.

Although the idea of a bit more varied gameplay is something I wouldn't mind, I just don't like the idea of going into a dungeon at level one, and dying ten times in the first room, because it's filled with enemies ten or more levels higher. Granted, I'm not too fond of the level scaling either, but that kind of result doesn't get me interested.

Certainly some of the quests and such from OOO that I've seen(mostly in Let's Plays), I'd love to play through. But I don't think those or the armors they add have seperate downloads, and perhaps rightly so.

I like the removal of level scaling in OOO because it feels more realistic - if you run into a group of bandits, they shouldn't be wearing massively expensive armour, regardless of your level, as they wouldn't have the money (unless they're really, really good bandits). That's how it was in Morrowind - if you're an expert adventurer, you could step off the boat and navigate your way through a dungeon to find an ancient weapon of great power, but in Oblivion, you could leave the dungeons and find no more than a little enchanted knife.

I like the removal of level scaling in OOO because it feels more realistic - if you run into a group of bandits, they shouldn't be wearing massively expensive armour, regardless of your level, as they wouldn't have the money (unless they're really, really good bandits). That's how it was in Morrowind - if you're an expert adventurer, you could step off the boat and navigate your way through a dungeon to find an ancient weapon of great power, but in Oblivion, you could leave the dungeons and find no more than a little enchanted knife.

MMM does get close to that, although it doesn't really change around the armors that bandits and such have. I only installed the main three required files, since I don't have any issue with the creatures(although I haven't seen a Balrog yet - mostly because I keep focusing on characters that aren't doing the main quest). The mod does seem to have something of a curve to it, which can get annoying. Although perhaps that might be the point. Can't say I'm at a point where I want to uninstall it though. I do have one other mod that adds some Ayleid weapons to the respective ruins, some of them weilded by enemies.

Something I've done too is start a new character, which is mostly devoted to the Knights Of The Nine questline. A female Moon Elf named Lune(original, isn't it?) Having already finished it, I'm now doing the Revelations questline. I had thought that, given my distaste for KOTN, I really wouldn't want to play it. However, after watching the previously mentioned Let's Play(which involved the KOTN questline) and Stream(involving the Revelations questline, and the Main Quest), I started to consider it. For the most part, it has certainly surprised me. Even if some things were spoiled a bit by both the Stream, and some of the images on the Nexus page, I had no idea where they fit in. However...

I KNEW Sir Gareth would betray me or the Knights at some point, if not being secretly against me. Why? Because the moment that automation was dead, he runs up to the scroll and takes it. Doesn't ask me to go grab it, doesn't even let me look at the bloody thing. The same for the artifact from Ondo. He just grabs it. Maybe him doing these things make sense, but it's way to forward for it to NOT mean something.

In contrast with that, I'm also doing a character devoted to the Dark Brotherhood(along with DBC). The journal I wrote for him is, insane. The first entry, although using the game's 'handwritten' font, was about sixteen pages. His name is Lithium, a Night Elf.

Both of the character's races are from this mod: Xenius Race Compilation - Robert's Bodies. Also started both of these characers with Arthmoor's Alternative Beginnings mod(with the Arrive by Ship mod disabled, if course). Lune went with the Shipwreck option(starting things off with quite a swim), and Lithium started in the Dark Brotherhood(after which I used the journal to fill in the blanks of what happened previously).

Maybe this first bit is just a little thought collection, but even so, it's just the way I see it.

In thinking a bit about mods that change the way the game starts, I find that the Arrive By Ship mod, although it does offer many possibilies for what the character's backstory is, there is an angle where that can be somewhat, lacking. This is mostly due to the fact that everything that could've happened to the character, is just backstory. While this can be just what some want, wishing to perhaps not deal with a twenty minute opening just to be able to start the game. The contrast to this, which may be a bit unfair, since both mods do very well at providing a better start for a character than one saddled with just being in prision, but the Alternative Beginnings mod I mentioned previously lets you play through these opening parts, even if some might just be you joining one of the guilds from the start, or perhaps starting in one of the forts, you being someone that is just like the occupants of it.

Also, having finished with KoTN:R, I can say I loved it. One of those mods that, well, I can't find much wrong with. At least, nothing that would really need to be there. In some instances, with other mods, I've played through them and thought about a few things that could possibly make them better. With this one, I didn't think of anything. Mostly because nearly everything it did, fit. Not one single section made me want to stop playing, and in fact, the main reason I finished it so quickly was because I didn't want to stop.

I have previously played few games that offer such an experience, but with this mod, it adds another. To read about such history(although I can't find exactly what book in the game mentions the events portrayed in the mod, at least the 1st Era section), is one thing. To experience it, to be a part of it, is quite another. In fact, I see this as very similar to KoTOR and TSL, concerning Dantooine and Korriban, albeit in reverse.

Lune didn't have any reservations about grabbing the Dark Ayleid armor after the relics were stolen. To say she was pissed, would be an understatement. In fact, as I said previously, she might've been a bit cautious, but then, that bloody spell the elf mentions didn't seem as relevant as him taking the scroll so quickly. Almost wish I made her a Vampire, but that would not have helped. Once she found herself in the first era, she took the Ayleid armor once again, although this time, that bloody helmet wasn't to her taste.

Again, much of this part, I loved. Might've been a bit empty(although it seemed that some of MMM's spawns still affected Cyrod, even if some of the classes and armors might not make any sense), but I didn't do too much exploring.

As for the fight in the White Gold Tower, again, I wonder what book describes that event. Read through the Song of Pelinal series thinking it was that one, but it wasn't specific to that part of the story. Although given the story the vanilla KOTN presents, if the mod is correct, then it obviously wasn't Pelinal that defeated Umaril the first time.

As for the rest, well, I had that 'petrification' part spoiled for me, by myself. Read that small section on TvTropes that mentions that part, mostly because then, I had no intention of playing the mod. Still, I loved that part. Only wish the awakening was a bit more visual than a small dream sequence, and then a loading screen after a few minutes of possibiliy wandering around said sequence, after which you are already standing up.

Oh, and the 10,000 gold bounty I got was hiliarous.

I guess I should update this thread.

I haven't played the game in almost 3 years. Since my last post I have played Morrowind for most of the time. I loved it. It is by far the best of the TES series. Yes even better than Skyrim which I found to be incredibly boring. Ya they made the rocks and mountains and water look good but the game itself was like a nursery baby sitting service. When the DLCs are better than the main game that is a problem for me. DLCs should add to the game, not become the game. Once I went to Solthsteim I never bothered coming back to Skyrim. Ya so I played Skyrim XDDD. I still have it installed but not for much longer. I had aalso played Fallout New Vegas. The FONV vanilla game I thought to be much, much better than FO3 but the mods available for FO3 are so much better and because of that I prefere FO3. I am purchasing a new Nvidia 980 graphic card and going to start Witcher 3...

But her are some pics for you to enjoy from these games.

MORROWIND

nJ5t5xLl.jpg

kqXAXrhl.jpg

haB4YHtl.png

0In35D1l.jpg

2J7mj4Ll.jpg

5yyQ3bdl.jpg

wqhFzIYl.jpg

ZTSlYhxl.jpg

XcclxUGl.jpg

Wndx2vil.jpg

XiaHvOml.jpg

h6N4B4cl.jpg

PWsRldcl.jpg

jP17Tsbl.jpg

2gAjeFOl.jpg

Edited by Kate The Bionic Uterus

I'm in a similar situation with KotOR - I haven't played them in a while, mostly because I had issues with both after I got a new monitor. The first game didn't seem to work, and while the second did, it was really slow loading. Tried to reinstall K2, and I had the issue with my disc 2 where the install stops cold there. So I'll have to get another copy to play them again, and continue working on my mods.

Otherwise, I did start playing Oblivion on a much better system. However, I haven't played that game in a while, mostly due to getting both Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Both of them are worth it, even if I had to spend a lot more bying ME2's DLC, than I did on the game itself.

Additionally, I recently bought...Skyrim. I have had far fewer issues with it, and far less crashes than Oblivion. Even managing the mods is easier with Mod Organizer. The fact that I can install a lot of mods, and not have them clutter up the data folder, but they wil still work in-game, is nice. Plus the profiles, meaing that you can run different mods for different characters, without them having an effect on others.

Dawnguard

Vampire Lord

This is Moria, a Nord. I'm using ELFX with her profile, which works pretty well. I have had a few crashes, mostly due to the Weathers plugin, since it was usually raining heavily at the time. I have one other profile using ELFX, but I'm not using the Weathers plugin on that one, and have had almost no crashes.

Vokun

A shot of the Priest with Climates of Tamriel(full, including the Winter Edition), using the aMidianborn texture pack. Though the mask texture is actually not AMB, but I did switch to the Apophysis Dragon Priest Masks texture set, as that one can be compatible with the Immerisve Collage of Winterhold mod.

And yes, I am of coruse using SKSE and SkyUI, along with all the patches, since I have the Legendary version of the game.

Hi Rtas! It has been awhile since we spoke TES together. I was woundering where you have been. Good to see you here and I hope this finds you well.

Ya I still use Wrye Bash to install my mods. I tried Mod Organizer but it never worked for me and so I just went with what I know. I have used Wrye Bash for Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas and Skyrim. I like the features of Mod Organizer but most people still use the Batch Patch from Wrye Bash anyway so... I guess I am lazy. Right now I am learning how to use TES5edit. I'll try Mod Organizer another time. Still the advance features of Wrye Bash are worth it.

Gotta walk my dog but I'll be posting pics from Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim soon. Then you can help me with Mod Organizer :Juggle: