• YES I LOVE IT!!!
    • Played a little.
    • Never got into it.
    • Want to start soon / starting now
    • Played Morrowwind
    • Playing Skyrim
    • Waiting for GOTY Skyrim
    • Play other Bethesda titles

I have to say that picture looks very bleak. I know you are using an old video card but I think you mis-read my post.

The list of video cards I posted are not for Oblivion. They are for a mod called OLD-BLIVION. You should go back to that post and there is a link to the website. It will make your game look much much better. It will look like medium textures which most people play on.

That picture really should be all red. Like blood. There should be no grey. Oblivion ties into every aspect of your computer. You can damage it if your video card is not supported. My friend uses oldblivion on her laptop and it looks great. You should go there right away. I promise your next oblivion gate will look much better.

Well, I've actually finished the game twice now, although both with the same character(or at least with the same race/birthsign/class), both of them having done the Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine content. Both great, but I favor SI more(although I thought it quite long the first time, while the second didn't take as long).

Anyway, as for the graphics, I've tried using Oldblivion, and the issue seems to be 7 in the FAQ list, although I don't have the D2D version, since I bought the Game Of The Year version(although it doesn't force you to install SI or KOTN, as they are on a separate disc, though you can't just install one of the expansions after the base game).

You finished the game? LoL You mean the main quest lines. What level character did you finish with? You shouldn't complete the main quest and the SI quest until level 25 - 30.

The enemies start using spell then and are invisible. Anyway hope you liked it.

You finished the game? LoL You mean the main quest lines. What level character did you finish with? You shouldn't complete the main quest and the SI quest until level 25 - 30.

The enemies start using spell then and are invisible. Anyway hope you liked it.

I'm not really that concerned about the leveled rewards, since I'm more interested in the story. As for what level I was, that I forget.

Although I can't say I hate the leveling system, it seems to be, well, slow. Even if you constantly use your major skills, it still takes a while before you level up. A problem I've had is that I've had a few level ups, but I never saw the prompt, so until I check the page, I have no idea(or I nap for a bit, and get the level up screen). That aside, it did bug me that the sleeping only included a menu and a black screen - so I found a mod to change that, or at least so you get into the bloody bed first(and out afterward).

Not really sure if this is really a spoiler, but it might be for some.

As for the game itself, I don't have much of a problem with the main game(save for the glaring issue of any "follower" crowding me, and even if I don't want to hit them, I still do. No one around really cares, but the entire region does, since I get a bounty - nice for starting the Dark Brotherhood quests though). Although, the looks aside, I sometimes HATE doing those damn gates. Mostly the required ones, like for "Allies For Bruma". Also, Leyawiin has TWO gates outside the city, and if you do the gate that is closer to the city? Doesn't count. The one further away(not by much, but still), counts. Bruma's Great Gate though, I keep getting the "13 Minute" glitch. Nothing I can't work with, since it is do-able in that time.

As for SI, nothing about it was a problem, save for my lack of want to explore the place(at least the first or second time through, since it seemed like it was only the main quest to do there), and the fact that you do not get anything to ride in the Isles. So if you haven't found a close location, then you go to the closest thing and hoof it, or you set of from New Sheoth itself. The rest? Fine. Cheesy too.

KOTN, though. I'll admit, it is an interesting quest line. For the most part, there is no real issue, save for my annoyance that the provided map isn't very accurate with the locations of the Wayshrines. The real problem is in the Ayleid Ruin near the end, where if you try and fight the enemies with your Knights, you have a real good chance of hitting one of them(as mentioned above). Which wouldn't really be a problem. But then you get some people mentioning it throughout Cyrodiil.

If you really like a story then you should try Morrowind. That is a story driven game. Oblivion is just eye candy. The thing I like about it is you can do whatever you want. I have a level 56 character and I haven't even started the main quest although I did do Kvatch. When I go into a gate it can take hours to finish because the daedra are so strong and have 100% chameleon and shoot magic so they are hard to kill now but the rewards are cool at that level and the daedra look so much cooler at the higher levels.

I plan on continuing this thread shortly.

Yuo51DVl.jpg

XxbWjrnl.jpg

6gVDg6Ll.jpg

O6Xj693l.jpg

eZLxgfOl.jpg

I'm looking to return to Oblivion, but one of the things that always annoyed me was the levelled loot & monsters (in Morrowind, if you went into a dungeon, you could end up fighting something far too powerful for you to overcome, and you could end up with a Daedric weapon at level 3) - can you please recommend a mod that removes the scaling (preferably affecting SI and the DLC as well)?

I'm looking to return to Oblivion, but one of the things that always annoyed me was the levelled loot & monsters (in Morrowind, if you went into a dungeon, you could end up fighting something far too powerful for you to overcome, and you could end up with a Daedric weapon at level 3) - can you please recommend a mod that removes the scaling (preferably affecting SI and the DLC as well)?

I have seen a few overhaul mods on the Nexus, but I can't recommend them specifically, since I haven't used any of them.

As for getting Daedric weapons, most you get early on is a Mace of that type, which doesn't do much damage(and I don't like using it, even if I have pretty much no other option). I don't know what at what level you start seeing the better weapons, since mostly I've done the early stages of the game at low levels(even the entirety of Kvatch).

Indeed - I don't particularly like maces either (or any blunt weapon, for that matter). And the main thing I was thinking of was the fact that in Morrowind, you could get decent stuff if you put the effort into fighting for it - in Oblivion, you only get what's at your level, and you only get fights at your level.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul aka OOO

http://devnull.sweet.../OOO_Guide.html

This is the best there is. Nothing else comes close. Everyone who knows what they are doing has this set up or another type of ooo set up.

This will change every aspect of the game.

Read about it here: (I have most of these mods in my game)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/07/16/ten-essential-oblivion-mods/

Overall it doesn't really matter because once you reach level 30+ the game plays a little different in that it kinda levels out. With my level 56 mage I kill the weak guys with one blast of magic while the tough guys are a challenge.

My advice is to not start the main quest until you are level 25-30 then go at it. The game is much more fun at higher levels.

So if you are a fighter do the fighter guild quests but i reccomend being a mage so you can use the mod MIDAS SPELLS AND MAGIC . read about it on that list

or

just install my list of obse mods and play Claudia's Little Secrete Gold edition. It is an adult mod and raunchy but you will laugh the whole way through! Then uninstall it and start your OOO install.

If you want to try Claudias little secrete I will upload a vanilla level 36 female bretton mage with the entire game complete so you can start playing CLS right away.

I'll upload her later tonight on this thread.

This is also a good list of mods to look into

http://www.gamefront.com/top-10-oblivion-mods/

make sure you get Companion Vilja to play with.

http://lovkullen.net/Emma/Vilja.htm

and visit her forum for any help

This is a real nice and friendly place to ask any Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3 questions. It may seem quite but they will answer your posts with 100% the right information.

http://arwen.freeforums.org/index.php

You can find me there too, you know... when I'm not here XD

As for getting Daedric weapons, most you get early on is a Mace of that type, which doesn't do much damage

That is not a daedric weapon you are talking about. It may have fallen from a daeric baddie but it is not daedric quality. You don't get daedric level items until level 20+

That is why you should not have run through the game, you missed out on what the game has to offer. The Daedra are much cooler looking and stronger at level 20+ 

The weapons and magic items are killer at level 20+

Do not start the main quest until you are at least level 20. TRUST ME! Just go exploring caves and ruins then maybe level 18 go start the main quest.

Stick to fighter guild

or

mage guild

or just guild stuff in general.

What I do is start the Kvatch quest and close that gate save the martin guy and do the bonus quest (clear castle) then fast travel to the The Blades hide out near bruma and then do everything they ask until Martin puts you into the "Daedric Item Quest" Then Stop. Do not continue the main quest until level 20-25. Do not give any Daedric quest items to martin until level 20-25.

That's when you start to see Daedric Items and weapons and armor. It is on par with glass armor so they should start falling at the same time.

If you don't like the leveling then get a leveling cheat mod that will level you at full power every time. People don't even think of it as cheating  really.

That is not a daedric weapon you are talking about. It may have fallen from a daeric baddie but it is not daedric quality. You don't get daedric level items until level 20+

That is why you should not have run through the game, you missed out on what the game has to offer. The Daedra are much cooler looking and stronger at level 20+ 

The weapons and magic items are killer at level 20+

Do not start the main quest until you are at least level 20. TRUST ME! Just go exploring caves and ruins then maybe level 18 go start the main quest.

Stick to fighter guild

or

mage guild

or just guild stuff in general.

What I do is start the Kvatch quest and close that gate save the martin guy and do the bonus quest (clear castle) then fast travel to the The Blades hide out near bruma and then do everything they ask until Martin puts you into the "Daedric Item Quest" Then Stop. Do not continue the main quest until level 20-25. Do not give any Daedric quest items to martin until level 20-25.

That's when you start to see Daedric Items and weapons and armor. It is on par with glass armor so they should start falling at the same time.

If you don't like the leveling then get a leveling cheat mod that will level you at full power every time. People don't even think of it as cheating  really.

With the two playthroughs I'm focusing on now, they are both about 15-17, and about half-way through the main quest(one before turning in the needed item from the Miscarcand quest, and the other in the middle of "Blood Of a Daedra", since I'm trying to do the quests for all the artifacts). The main playthrough I have, which is pretty much complete, I've been through the main quest, the Mages Guild quests, the Theives Guild, the Dark Brotherhood, various side quests, and the Shivering Isles, and it's at level 27 I believe.

The Fighter's Guild I...well, i don't like it, because it seems so, disjointed. Get and do a quest in these two cites, and you have to go to a certain Guild hall to raise in rank. In comparison to the others, where the rankings changed without much effort, or your directed to the person to get the next rank.

Also, I installed that UI Mod listed in one of the links you posted(This one: Link). It certainly does make the interface look better, especailly the inventory and the map.

Ya that's a cool mod. I don't use it anymore. You can find maps to go with it. I'll look through my mod list and link them here

I am getting ready to start playing Fallout 3 now (just bought it n ebay) It is supposed to be better than Oblivion and play the same way. In fact I'm going to check it right now XD

Are you using the deadly reflex mod? You should be. You can slice throats and all the kill moves are animated for the entire game. Look into that. :)

Ya that's a cool mod. I don't use it anymore. You can find maps to go with it. I'll look through my mod list and link them here

I am getting ready to start playing Fallout 3 now (just bought it n ebay) It is supposed to be better than Oblivion and play the same way. In fact I'm going to check it right now XD

Are you using the deadly reflex mod? You should be. You can slice throats and all the kill moves are animated for the entire game. Look into that. :D

I've already installed a map mod. Pretty much these two:

Elven Map Redux

Shivering Isles Elven Map

The only mod I've added that changes the combat(if only visually) is this one(although I did cherry pick it a bit, since the idle animation isn't one I like, instead using the idles from this mod: http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/16500):

DMC Stylish - Animation Replacer

Along with a mod that adds a few weapons from DMC4:

DMC4 Angelo Credo Sword

The title of the mod is a bit misleading, since it doesn't include just that one sword.

I have seen Deadly Reflex, and I might use that at some point.

Here's a few others I've added:

See You Sleep DLL - I wasn't too fond of the sleeping just involving a menu and a black screen. So I can sit in a chair, and not get into a bed?

Vampire Aesthetics - They get Older? Unqiue idea, but not one I'm fond of.

Vampires - No Sun Damage - In other games, I wouldn't mind the idea of Sun Damage for Vampires. But not when a good majority of the game is spent in sunlight...and it seems it can kill you without draining your health bar AT ALL(although I forget if that is the case, but as far as I remember, it is).

New Vampire Feeding Sounds Edited - The default one here sounds much better than the...moaning, I guess, from the vanilla game.

Sounds Of Cyrodiil - It does make the game much more lively, though some of the city sounds can get a bit repetitlve.

Show Weapons While Mounted - Another oddity I couldn't get around. I knew I didn't lose the staff or 2handed sword I had, but having it disappear?

Blade Of Woe Replacer - Nine Tongues

I've also added a few texture mods, mostly ones that don't add esp files, just adding to the textures folder. Relating to some areas, the Amulets and Rings, along with some better textures for the clothing(not high res, but good enough) even if I don't usually wear any of it.

I have installed a few race mods, at least three at the moment, each of them requiring this:

Custom Race Fix

I know the UOP fixes the same thing, along with a similar fix for Boethia's quest(though there is a standalone fix for that too).

I use Deadly Reflex - I'd certainly recommend it. It makes fighting far more interesting (and seems to be where Bethesda got the ideas for Skyrim's combat system).

I also use Midas Magic - Spells of Aurum; while some of them are a bit overpowered, it's a good mod. And makes magic more interesting.

Midas Spells and Magic Quests are amazing and you really need to be level 30 to start them but you can try the early quests at level 25

They are really hard and you should keep any followers at home as they will die. The mod is inspired from the old Dungeon and Dragon games like Neverwinter nights and Buldars Gate 

The Unofficial oblivion patch trumps other stand alone mods. In fact those older stand alone mods will probably mess up your game now as they were made before the UOP.

Deadly Reflex is a must have if you are a fighter. There's no point playing a fighter without it. 

Here's my level 56 fighter loli character; she may look cute but SHE KICKS ASS!!! 

Xuwklrql.png

The new Lush & Gaudy update by Brittainy GO HERE AND DOWNLOAD ALL OF HER MODS RIGHT NOW like seriously XD http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/users/2078877

bcPj4Tjl.jpg

The new Northern Nebula update by Brittainy

yOQAzcjl.jpg

The future of this thread;

I do plan on finishing this thread and re organizing it into an adobe document available for download. I am fully aware that it is incomplete an obviously disorganized. I have already started the updated version on my computer and it will have now have links to  the source. So many other people have done similar projects HOWEVER what stands mine apart from them is that this one is geared towards old and weaker gaming systems. I have yet seen a similar guide. 

I do want to thank those who have commented on this thread and to the forces here at deadly stream for allowing me to post it. 

Cheers and happy gaming;

~Kate :)

So today is your lucky day!

I am sharing two game saves. The first one is a goty level 32 Bretton female mage. What is special about this save is that it is 100% completely VANILLA. The game is like 98% complete with only a handful of caves untouched. This is perfect to play Claudia's Little Secrete Gold Edition or any Knights of the Nine mods ( i forget the name of the mod I'm thinking about lol). I'll come back and fix this later.

The second is my level 56  heavily modded female loli elf fighter. There is a picture of her 2 posts above and also included in the file.

You need to download MBP+ to use her so I included the 

the Vuze file so you can download the files. You will
be downloading an all in one MBP+ with over a dozen
races in an omod file. So obmm is needed. The omod file
is 1gb of compressed data and 10gb once you open it
with obmm, so make sure you have enuf disk space.
It will take some time for obmm to open the file
so take it easy and go make a snack. walk the dog
and do some laundry XD 

***This save game is only 33% complete so there is tons of game play left and you get to play it against enemies at full strength..  

At this point I am in the middle of re-installing my
Oblivion so the save has not been merged with Wrye Bash
so I leave that to you. Icluded is the list of mods
I am using copied from BOSS. You should be ok to use it
without all of these mods but I HIGHLY recommend them. The
rest the mods I use are Asian and rips or adult  mods so
I am leaving them out. ***EDIT: If you get a CTD then it is because you are not using the cosmetic race overhaul so you will have to get it. It is listed in the notepad and just google it and you will find the link where to download it.

Both the saves are included in the 7zip so have fun :D(:KTBUs Oblivion Character Saved Games.7z

The Unofficial oblivion patch trumps other stand alone mods. In fact those older stand alone mods will probably mess up your game now as they were made before the UOP.

Although I wouldn't add it now, I'll probably install the UOP whenever I reinstall Oblivion again. The Custom Race Fix does work, although it is a little annoying that the added lines(Basically Dreth going "Never seen your kind before") are unvoiced. Obvious that they would be in this case(since it would require finding someone who is not only willing, but able to mimic that actor's voice - although it does seem to be something of a trend for some mods to leave lines unvoiced, even if there aren't many characters, or lines in general. That aside, I do wonder of the UOP takes a similar approach, or if it does something different to achive the same thing.

Also, something I'm somewhat curious about. I do know about the Vampire Cure quest, but what puzzles me, is if there is the option to do the quest and not cure yourself, or if doing so is a requirement to finish it?

:thumbdown: I am perplexed as to why you wouldn't follow the advice for setting up Oblivion on this thread. The mods listed here all FIX the parts of the game that are broken or are parts of the game that have been improved. Every mod here is MUST HAVE. There is no point playing the game of Oblivion without these mods period.

This list of mods is a BASE LIST. A STARTING POINT and from here you then add in other mods you want to make the game your own. The mods listed here make the game play properly. This list was made for people LIKE YOU who have weak video cards and or older computers. I just can not understand why you wouldn't follow the instructions.

After the obse and other utility mods the first mod I listed to install was the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. For gods sake dude even on Bethesda's own website they recommend downloading it. :no  

Your posts only prove that you can lead a horse to water but they will likely pee in it. I am flabbergasted as to why you would ignore the thread. IT IS EQUAL IN DISABILITY TO PLAYING KOTOR2 WITHOUT THE RCM.  :wallbash:

The UOP fixes of 2500 problems and I listed 2 other UOPs to download that fix thousands more. Unless you are using an OOO setup which you are not then it should be used http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Recommended_Mods

Why are you playing a broken game and using shitty old obsolete mods when I have gone through the trouble of listing all the updated mods to be used if you are going to play Oblivion for the first time? Do yourself a favor and start following the advice here and fix your game. I assure you that my advice is considered basic and there is nothing listed here that anyone would disagree with.

Here is another list so you can double check if you want BUT YOUR COMPUTER  can't play most of the mods listed so that is why they are not on my list.

https://arwenevecom.ipage.com/Oblivion/OB-mods.htm

The UOP does fix it with voice files and no you do not have to drink the potion right away. You can continue playing as a vampyre and drink it later. There is also a quest in the SI expansion mod that will cure you as well.

And if you ever plan on going into the SI and you don't want your game crashing every 10 minutes then If I were you I would start following my advice here.

Perhaps I might be coming off as a bit adverse, but that really isn't the case. As it is, after reading your post, although it isn't something I wasn't planning on doing already, I am going to follow your advice the next time I reinstall the game. Something to note though, is that some things I have done. OBSE? Using it. Some of the plugins that require it? Perhaps not for long, but I can't really argue about what they fix. I have installed OBMM too, although I haven't really used it yet.

Still, I haven't encountered most of the bugs outlined in the quest pages here UESP. The biggest issues I've had, would be once when I couldn't get Savlian Matius to speak with me after dealing with the Daedra outside the castle(and thus couldn't continue the quest), and once where grabbing a Sigil Stone didn't place me back outside the closed gate. 

I do have to say though, that SI is a bit more of a challenge once you get past...level 40 I think, though it might be 37-38. Some of the creatures might be easy, but if they use weapons, then they will BLOCK and KEEP blocking. Between the Zealots, Heretics, Necromancers, and Conjurers, their behavior gets annoying after about five seconds. Summon something and run away. Cast a spell at me, and run away. Start running two seconds before I take a swipe, and I miss. Perfect.

No worries. I have been in a bitchy mood all week. 

"biggest issues I've had, would be once when I couldn't get Savlian Matius to speak with me after dealing with the Daedra outside the castle(and thus couldn't continue the quest), and once where grabbing a Sigil Stone didn't place me back outside the closed gate. "

I am 99.9% positive this is because of a "Wild Edit" caused by a mod you are using. It could be caused by evean an armor or clothing mod. It happens when the creator of the mod is inexperienced or when the mod was not cleaned with TES4Edit  http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/11536 Tes4edit will clean the mod for you but I am warning you to read the instructions as it can ruin your whole game. In fact I recommend removing the mod as it is probably affecting other areas of your install.

Tell me if this is what happened; inside the oblivion gate you grabbed the stone and after the fire you remained inside the and had to leave by going out the way you came in? If this is what happened then it is likely caused by one of your armor or clotyhing mod. Only use mods by people who have lots of endorsements or lots of released mods. If this is what happened then a mod you downloaded is effecting otherr mods and other parts of the game. It will keep on getting worse and every time you start your game it will effect different parts so one day for example your house may look different than the last time you played. Weird stuff like that until it effects a primary sysytem like a entire city or landscapes. When I first started played I had a very cool mod, one of the top downloaded armor mods but it was not cleaned and half of Bravil went missing. Just from an armor mod. Months later I figured it out but the dammage was done. I had to do an entire reinstall.

So many first time modders release stuff that look great but the mod is crap. In fact they are having a huge problem on Skyrim nexus with mods that are not cleaned by TES5edit. The reason most mods are not cleaned is because they are so faulty that tes5edit can't clean them but the kids release the mod anyway not thinking that it will ruin someones entire game.

I hope you installed BOSS. If not go and install right now and just run it. It is plug and play. When the report come up copy and past all the mods that you are using here. Boss may even tell you what mod is causing the problem and tell you how to fix it!!!

BOSS is a mod that has an entire TEAM working on it now. Follow their instructions or remove the mod. I usually remove the mod unless I plan on using it forever. 

As far as high level bad guys, what do you want them to do. Sit there and let you kill them. I too am summoning monsters help me and I chase them or launch NUCLEAR BOMB from midas spells and magic and just nuke the whole area :)

Post your boss list. If you want to see my Non Adult boss list then just download my 2 character saves and in the level 56 fighter 7zip file there is a notepad with all the mods I use for that oblivion setup.But I would like to see yours. 

No worries. I have been in a bitchy mood all week. 

"biggest issues I've had, would be once when I couldn't get Savlian Matius to speak with me after dealing with the Daedra outside the castle(and thus couldn't continue the quest), and once where grabbing a Sigil Stone didn't place me back outside the closed gate. "

I am 99.9% positive this is because of a "Wild Edit" caused by a mod you are using. It could be caused by evean an armor or clothing mod. It happens when the creator of the mod is inexperienced or when the mod was not cleaned with TES4Edit  http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/11536 Tes4edit will clean the mod for you but I am warning you to read the instructions as it can ruin your whole game. In fact I recommend removing the mod as it is probably affecting other areas of your install.

Tell me if this is what happened; inside the oblivion gate you grabbed the stone and after the fire you remained inside the and had to leave by going out the way you came in? If this is what happened then it is likely caused by one of your armor or clotyhing mod. Only use mods by people who have lots of endorsements or lots of released mods. If this is what happened then a mod you downloaded is effecting otherr mods and other parts of the game. It will keep on getting worse and every time you start your game it will effect different parts so one day for example your house may look different than the last time you played. Weird stuff like that until it effects a primary sysytem like a entire city or landscapes. When I first started played I had a very cool mod, one of the top downloaded armor mods but it was not cleaned and half of Bravil went missing. Just from an armor mod. Months later I figured it out but the dammage was done. I had to do an entire reinstall.

The issue with the Kavatch quest was not in any of my current games, as I did reinstall the game once. Not sure if anything I installed might've caused it, but I haven't had that issue since. The issue with the gate(Cheydinhal's, during Allies For Bruma/The Wayward Knight - In which I SAVED THAT WIMP FOR ONCE) hasn't happened again(having since finished Allies for Bruma). I haven't added anything that would change anything about the gates, nor anything about the Sigil Stones, enemies(at least nothing about their functionality), etc. Perhaps a few texture mods, but they only replace the textures(such as one to change the Clannfear, making them look like the Xenomorphs from the Alien flims), as in, no esp file. Although things did occur pretty much as you described, and reloading a save didn't do anything.

So many first time modders release stuff that look great but the mod is crap. In fact they are having a huge problem on Skyrim nexus with mods that are not cleaned by TES5edit. The reason most mods are not cleaned is because they are so faulty that tes5edit can't clean them but the kids release the mod anyway not thinking that it will ruin someones entire game.

I hope you installed BOSS. If not go and install right now and just run it. It is plug and play. When the report come up copy and past all the mods that you are using here. Boss may even tell you what mod is causing the problem and tell you how to fix it!!!

BOSS is a mod that has an entire TEAM working on it now. Follow their instructions or remove the mod. I usually remove the mod unless I plan on using it forever. 

I'll take a look. As far as I'm aware, or at least as far as it seems, the mods I have work as intended.

As far as high level bad guys, what do you want them to do. Sit there and let you kill them. I too am summoning monsters help me and I chase them or launch NUCLEAR BOMB from midas spells and magic and just nuke the whole area :D

Not exactly, but this is mostly considering the Grummites in SI, although I have seen it other places too. Though there is the fact that they can block the physical attack, but not the magic effects if the weapon is enchanted(save for having a Resist Effect, but that isn't too difficult to work around).

Also, as something of an aside, here are some of the more cosmetic mods I'm using(mostly no esp file). I will say that I do have body replacers installed(seems I forget if I mentioned this already), both of them varients of Robert's bodies. I know HGEC does seems to be the more popular female body replacer, but I'm not too fond of it myself.

Audia Arcanum Footfalls of Heroism Expansion - The sound effects in the vanilla didn't stand out at all, and at this point, I forget what they are. This does concern the footstep sounds, as it is the SoC that handles the others, but this along with it certainly makes the game sound better.

RV Vampire Eyes Texture - I have seen a few other mods that change the look of the Vampires eyes(mostly ones that also add a crapton more eyes - and since they edit the mesh, it scews up the eyes for custom races. Though this is NOT a problem i currently have. My character's eyes look fine.), but I prefer this one. Admitedly, it leaves one with no question, since this obviously isn't "just a bit bloodshot" but more "You can't fool me bloodsucker, not with those headlights". Though the NPCs only get close to this if I haven't fed with the character, and the Vampirism is either 75 or 100.

Skyrim-Styled Dunmer Eyes - Although I really haven't got much of a look at the Dunmer in Skyrim, I can say that these eyes look far better for them than the simply bloodshot eyes they normally have.

Kafeis Better Amulet Replacer - Admitedly I don't use the amulets much, save for when it has a nice effect - most of which aren't touched by this mod. But on occasion, if I do find one of the usual necklaces, I'll probably put it on, because, why not?

Kafeis Better Ring Replacer = I do tend to wear rings more often, mainly since it actually shows them on your fingers. A few games I've played before might've had a similar feature(i.e wearing rings changed stats, etc), but it did nothing to show it visually.

Darkness-Glass-Set - I just couldn't deal with the green. I know there are several mods like this, likely for every bloody color under and not under the sun. Those I haven't tried, and I'm find with this one.

Also, I'm using three custom race mods at this point(don't think I'll add any more). My only worry in linking two of them would be some of the screenshots...might not be safe for work, or what some would want to see(although if not signed into the nexus, you can't even see the mod page). I will say though that I'm usually not conerned about the starting status/abilites, but rather the race's general appearance. I usually just work with whatever they have.

Lemure by Flan - used for my character "Kuroji".

I'm also using the "Pale Victim" race, also by Flan(used for my "Jackal" character), along with Capucines' Aquamer race(just called the character "Mizuko", though I'm not focusing to much on him at the moment).

I have a Dunmer female too, but I don't think I'll be finishing that one, or rather playing it anymore(mentioned in a previous post as being near the end of the Miscarcand quest, just before turning in the stone).

Well, I guess in some respects i was in over my head. However, I believe I have it sorted out by now, and in addition to using OBSE, as before, along with OBMM, I've also installed the Unofficial patches, at least those for Oblivion and the Shivering Isles. I did download the DLC mods patch, although save for KoTN, I don't have any of the others(and they seem almost difficult to get at this point, if you just want them on their own). However, I have not installed that one(meaning the patch for KoTN), since, well, I have played through it before, and it isn't really something for most of the characters I play. Plus I can all too easily get into that situation where I accidentally kill one of the Knights, and I get a bunch of people later commenting on it. It happened the first time I completed it, and it only didn't the second time, because I almost purposefully tried to avoid swinging my sword around them.

Still, I have seen one or two issues, although not relating to a crash, or a quest. More a visual problem, concerning a fort ruin that wasn't completely finished(i.e it had a section that was see-through, and I could even walk through it), somewhere near Chorrol.

I haven't played too far, only at the start of The Path of Dawn on one save, and my other character has only done few of the Mages Guild Recommendation quests, along with starting those for the Dark Brotherhood. Many of the changes I prefer, although a few things have surprised me. In a good way, though.

I did leave out a few mods this time, either because I didn't see a point in using it anymore, or I felt i was just done with it. The list is a bit shorter, and I haven't had any conflicts that lead to a consistant crash. Most I've had anyway are random, and rarely happen more than once.

The only thing of note, is something that happened before my reinstall. Using this: Windom Earle_s Oblivion Crash Prevention System, I got a consistant crash just before the fight with Jyggalag. I did try disabling the refraction effects, but it still crashed. Removing that plugin allowled me to continue, with no crash. I am using that now, and I have yet to have that happen anywhere else, though at this point I can't say if the same thing is going to happen once again. .