Sign in to follow this  
Karnedge312

Steam Version with this mod

So this is a few random questions I have with this mod and the Steam version of KOTORII. Will this mod work with the steam version? If so how do I install it (what folder, etc.)? Thanks and I hope you can answer this for me :).

TSLRCM 1.8 was reported to work with steam version, but you'll need to turn auto-update off, so it doesn't reverse our changes.

Also, people say that launcher won't update on steam version, so you'll have to look for in-game differences.

As for installation, same as on non-steam version - run exe, select KotOR II directory, press install.

For me, it seems to work. The restored content is there. (For example, the masked assassin on Telos now has a mask.) I currently face two issues which are covered in this post.

TSLRCM 1.8 was reported to work with steam version, but you'll need to turn auto-update off, so it doesn't reverse our changes.

Also, people say that launcher won't update on steam version, so you'll have to look for in-game differences.

As for installation, same as on non-steam version - run exe, select KotOR II directory, press install.

The area where steam stores the downloaded files is different then the default Lucasarts folder set in the launcher, correct? So I would set the launcher to update to the steam folder? (I think the location is program files - Steam - steamapps - common - Knights of the Old Republic II)

Here is the process for installing TSLRCM 1.8 on the Steam version:

From moddb:

tomatoandrew Aug 24 2012, 5:43pm says:

I've found the process for installing with Steam. It's actually pretty simple, but different from the standard:

1) Ensure you do not have a typical install (from disks) already. If so, clear the install out and delete the directory folder from your C:\ drive (mine was at C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts).

2) Install the game from Steam. Steam, by default, will put the content here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II

3) Download 1.8 the TSLRCM exe.

4) Run the exe. During the install, the exe will ask you where you want to install files to. DO NOT use the default location (C:\program files\Lucas Arts\SWKotOR2), instead, use whatever location Steam has installed your game files to ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic I" for me).

5) Run the game and enjoy!

Notes: The most obvious indication I've seen of the install being successful is that in the first room after your conversation with Kreia, you'll come across a body who you loot a vibrocutter from. This is not a Plasma Cutter as gets mentioned sometimes here, but a unique vibroblade. That is the easiest difference to spot I've seen.