Sign in to follow this  
Revanite005

TSLRCM installation questions

First of all, thank you so much to all the modders who put in their hard work to make TSLRCM. I have the game on Xbox, but I just bought it on PC just for this. =D

I know there's probably a lot of threads on installation help, but I found that none of them answered my questions. I have absolutely zero experience with using mods and I'm not computer savvy at all. So far, I can't get the mod to work. Here is exactly what I've done so far:

-Downloaded the mod, which saved into my "downloads" folder

-Copied it into the "override" folder within the "SWKotOR2" folder

And that's pretty much it. I'm wondering if there are any prerequisites that I need before I can install this mod, or any mod in general.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and forgive my ignorance! =)

You... don't put it in override.

You just need to run .exe file you downloaded, then select KotOR II folder and TSLRCM installs itself.

You... don't put it in override.

You just need to run .exe file you downloaded, then select KotOR II folder and TSLRCM installs itself.

Wow, that was simple. I kept reading things about putting files in the override folder so that's where my confusion came from.

Anyway, thank you so much! Can't wait to enjoy all the restored content =D

Wow, that was simple. I kept reading things about putting files in the override folder so that's where my confusion came from.

Most mods do that, since they're rather small. But with the complexity and size of TSLRCM that obviously cannot be done, if we only put stuff in override the entire game breaks.

Also it would be hell to set up with TSLRCM, or very complex for users if they just have to manually put files in the right place.

So hence the installer just adding modules, override files, soundbits, the launcher etc.

Also reduces the risk of stuff going wrong because a user placed files wrong or not at all. If it happens now it's either my or Zbyl's fault... :P

Most mods do that, since they're rather small. But with the complexity and size of TSLRCM that obviously cannot be done, if we only put stuff in override the entire game breaks.

Also it would be hell to set up with TSLRCM, or very complex for users if they just have to manually put files in the right place.

So hence the installer just adding modules, override files, soundbits, the launcher etc.

Also reduces the risk of stuff going wrong because a user placed files wrong or not at all. If it happens now it's either my or Zbyl's fault... :P

Haha thanks for the info!