Sign in to follow this  
Blue

TOOL:KotOR Scripting Tool - 2021

KotOR Scripting Tool - 2021

About Kotor Scripting Tool

Kotor Scripting Tool is my attempt at a scripting interface for nwnnsscomp.exe.

I originally designed this tool to aid me in my scripting efforts back in the day. My desire was to create a scripting tool with some of the creature comforts that today's coders have come to expect. The core features that were important for me were the ability to have NWScript function name Auto Completion and Syntax Highlighting. If anyone is interested in helping to extend its functionality be sure to check out the link to the GItHub repo below.

Anyways that's enough rambling for now!

Happy Modding!

Features include:
Compile .nss Scripts
Syntax highlighting
AutoComplete Suggestions (Beta)
Tabbed Text Editor
Advanced Find & Replace
Browsable nwscript function list
Browsable nwscript constants list

Zip Archive
Download and extract the zip file. Once extracted navigate to the directory and run Kotor Scripting Tool.exe

This program was compiled in C# with version 4.0 of the .NET Framework if you do not already have it downloaded you will need to download it [here].

The source code has been released on my GitHub account https://github.com/KobaltBlu/KotOR-Scripting-Tool.

Hello, Blue!

I have used 1.4.0 version of your Scripting Tool for some years and recently I updated it to the newest version but I quickly uninstalled in favor of the older one because I find it changed a few things I didn't like in the least and I didn't seem to find any settings to change back to the former behavior.

The new version seems to need the include sources in the folder where you save the .nss file rather than just go look for it in the game's override like it used to be and, if none is there, take it straight from the game's source scripts. This is terribly inconvenient and once I even got a dozens compiling error messages about a boolean being used multiple times (sorry, I don't remember the exact message). When I reverted to the older version and compiled the very same script, it all went smoothly. This latest part is likely related to a mistake I made so please disregard it.

Also, it would be good to be able to select a path for Tool to save the compiled file to. By default, the program installs in Program Files(x86) and in Windows 10 that spells disaster because the Tool attempts to save the compiled file in the same folder it installed to but I guess Windows 10 castrates the attempt and the Tool has no warning whatsoever about it. The result is that the compiled script is never created.